Leading up to a big event, would you rather…

?

• Everything perfect

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Close but work needed

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

baylrballa

2024 WWGC Food and Drink Champion
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
>10
Say you are a month out from a big event. Be it a club championship, thp event, something else…would you rather:

1. Be pleased that every aspect of your game is as good as possible.
2. Feel you are close, have things not perfect, but trending well.

Just for the peace of mind, I'd love to feel like everything was as good as possible.

If getting to choose, give me perfection!

Nothing in golf is ever perfect for anyone. Give me trending well.

Where is the I have no idea I haven't played in 6 months option?

I want to be trending in the right direction. Don't want to peak too early.

Give me the trending in the right direction spot- Feel like with 30 days left to go, that I know I still have things to work on which would push me to do more.

Say you are a month out from a big event. Be it a club championship, thp event, something else…would you rather:

1. Be pleased that every aspect of your game is as good as possible.
2. Feel you are close, have things not perfect, but trending well.
The moment I think I have everything figured out is when I *know* I’m in trouble. I like the focus, dedication, tenacity needed to grind away at trouble areas and the mental game plan to work around issues

Trending in the right direction. My golf game is not near good enough that every aspect of my game is in good/perfect shape. Some aspect is always leaking oil but if the overall is feeling good, that’s about as good as I can hope for.

Always trending in the right direction, better chance of everything coming together when you get there then.

I'll go with close but still need a little work. Hopefully will get things dialed in right before the event. I feel like if everything was already going great at the event would probably play worse or soemthing.

This yes. Haven't played since Oct and the data experience fast approaching. To answer the question though I would prefer everything perfect even though I have never once experienced that

For me nothing is ever perfect. I want a balance of understanding my miss and having more good shots than bad. Overall just consistency so I can manage my way around the course and set myself up to score the best I can.

Close.
Peak is fleeting and doesn’t last long for most of us. Plus it can lead to complacency.

My preference would be to have all my ducks in a row rather than scrambling around to get completed in time.

Everything perfect. Even if it ends up coming apart a bit, I like to know my game is where it needs to be and can be where it needs to be.

Trending well ,because we always can have THAT DAY when it all falls into place and we do everything well, Then you go back out on Sunday and it turns to s#$%, but then it starts to trend well again

i don't want to feel like anything needs work. there is no replacing confidence when it comes to a pressure-packed situation.

Or have played about three times in the past few months but let not talk the scores.

Last edited:
My preference would be close but still need a little work, trending up. 30 days is a long time for me to be at my peak. From there it is typically downhill at some point.

I feel like golf is a rollercoaster of things working and then things not working. I want to close to peaking but not quite there. If I've peaked before the event then something about to start the downslide.

I would Pete to have it as good as possible, I wouldn’t want to have any second thoughts while I’m playing

Back