Leagues & Draft Order - 2019-20 THP Fantasy Football

BuckNasty;n8890403 said:
In all honesty I think David Johnson is the most over-rated RB in the rankings this year haha. He hasn't been a stud in fantasy for quite a few years and his team is awful, especially his o-line. The only reason he is a top 5 RB in rankings this year is due to a new coach with a supposed high-octane offensive mindset, but I'm not sold that will help him be top RB with the other hurdles he has to jump (Bad o-line/rookie QB/etc.)

I'm still trying to gather info on Gurley's health, he claims to be ready to go and if that's the case it's hard for me to pass on the #1 scoring RB from a year ago at the 6 pick.

I wouldn’t say he is over rated as a player but for fantasy purposes I don’t like him this year. He is on a bad team and there are tons of questions regarding his QB and head coach. To risky of pick for my liking for a 1st rounder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GolferGal;n8890409 said:
Bell just went 6th in this mock draft I am in with real people. David Johnson went 2 picks before him. Conner went 9th and Gurley went 10th.

On average that is where I have seen those guys go as well. It may be hard for me to pass up an Elite WR though considering the next time I pick is late 20s, and you need an elite WR (or two) to win a league as deep as this.

BuckNasty;n8890410 said:
If I go Gurley I would have to take Henderson fairly early to make sure I've got that handcuff (which is why I'm leaning Bell if I go RB so I don't have to waste a higher than expected pick on a handcuff)
And this is a half point league so remember all the times Bell will end up lined up in the slot.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BuckNasty;n8890415 said:
On average that is where I have seen those guys go as well. It may be hard for me to pass up an Elite WR though considering the next time I pick is late 20s, and you need an elite WR (or two) to win a league as deep as this.

In most mock drafts I have done so far I have gone WR/WR and didn't hate how they turned out. The one I am in right now I have gone WR/RB so far, and both were on my team last year, I am clearly into wife/girlfriend beaters hahaha.

Cjgolf25;n8890414 said:
I wouldn’t say he is over rated as a player but for fantasy purposes I don’t like him this year. He is on a bad team and there are tons of questions regarding his QB and head coach. To risky of pick for my liking for a 1st rounder

Sorry I meant from a fantasy perspective, not an overall player perspective. I think he ends up finishing the year in the 10-20 ranked RB range and is getting drafted as top 4-5.

GolferGal;n8890419 said:
In most mock drafts I have done so far I have gone WR/WR and didn't hate how they turned out. The one I am in right now I have gone WR/RB so far, and both were on my team last year, I am clearly into wife/girlfriend beaters hahaha.

Haha I wish I had the ability to draft all the players I ended the year with last year

GolferGal;n8890413 said:
I started to do my top 200 picks and then said screw it, just do some mock drafts and see what happens. I just don't know what to think anymore. I hate the draft so much! I love FF, I just hate the pressure of the draft.
Some combo of Chubb/JuJu/Tyreek/Dalvin Cook is would be where I would be looking at that spot. fwiw.

BuckNasty;n8890421 said:
Haha I wish I had the ability to draft all the players I ended the year with last year

Haha, I don't blame you, that team was just stupid, I have no idea how you pulled that off.

MichiganGripRip;n8890422 said:
Some combo of Chubb/JuJu/Tyreek/Dalvin Cook is would be where I would be looking at that spot. fwiw.

You can keep Chubb, I have zero interest in him. The other three are on my radar...not sure how to feel about Cook, if healthy he's a stud, but has he ever stayed healthy?

GolferGal;n8890428 said:
Haha, I don't blame you, that team was just stupid, I have no idea how you pulled that off.

You can keep Chubb, I have zero interest in him. The other three are on my radar...not sure how to feel about Cook, if healthy he's a stud, but has he ever stayed healthy?
Different offensive system when he has been injured, its a risk/reward pick

MichiganGripRip;n8890432 said:
Different offensive system when he has been injured, its a risk/reward pick

It definitely is. I had the choice of him or Mixon and I took Mixon in this mock draft. But to be fair, this whole team I am building is questionable.

GolferGal;n8890442 said:
It definitely is. I had the choice of him or Mixon and I took Mixon in this mock draft. But to be fair, this whole team I am building is questionable.
Thats what Mocks are for.

GolferGal;n8890428 said:

Helps when you hit the Mahomes late-round lottery, and pull off trade prior to week 1. I don't foresee that happening this year.

BuckNasty;n8890459 said:
Helps when you hit the Mahomes late-round lottery, and pull off trade prior to week 1. I don't foresee that happening this year.

I had a year like that a few years ago. I traded Torrey Smith for Gurley during his break out year. And Gurley was a last minute throw in, I was going after someone else, I forget who it was.

I’ve done a lot of 16 team mocks...
I think I have a game plan for League 1 / 12th pick ...

JDax;n8890467 said:
I’ve done a lot of 16 team mocks...
I think I have a game plan for League 1 / 12th pick ...

Who you taking? It will help me know what's left for me at 14 hahaha.

GolferGal;n8890468 said:
Who you taking? It will help me know what's left for me at 14 hahaha.

I haven’t been taking Mixon so you are good there... ; )

JDax;n8890469 said:
I haven’t been taking Mixon so you are good there... ; )

Haha, well that's good to know....considering I got him in the second round.

My draft strategy:
1. Draft Saquan
2. Crack a beer pleased with my pick.
3. Nap.
4. Wake up to see we are still on pick 18.
5. Order a pizza.
6. Beer
7. Receive pizza.
8. Draft a couple 3rd string wrs

GolferGal;n8890471 said:
Haha, well that's good to know....considering I got him in the second round.

Honestly who I pick depends on if a certain Saints WR falls to the 12th spot...

JDax;n8890482 said:
Honestly who I pick depends on if a certain Saints WR falls to the 12th spot...

In every other mock draft I got him at 14, clearly there is no chance that is happening in our league.

GolferGal;n8890486 said:
In every other mock draft I got him at 14, clearly there is no chance that is happening in our league.

If he’s there at 12, he’s probably taken there ...

JDax;n8890491 said:
If he’s there at 12, he’s probably taken there ...

I forgot you were pick 12, I hadn't looked to see who was picking before me. He's the only Saint I would want that I had a chance at, so I will just assume no one from that team will be on my team. :smile:

My plan is feast or famine. I am going to trend to players with more potential upside if possible. I just don’t see being able to win the league with a bunch of good not great guys. 16 teams, waiver wire competition will be fierce.

Back