Listen to one artist the rest of your life? Who would it be?

I love music but I don’t have an affinity for one specific band.

There is only one right answer. The Beatles

Foo Fighters or The Beatles.

Prince.

Bob Marley

Can't do one...
The Strokes
The White Stripes/Jack White
Odesza
Flume
Outkast

To me, a handful of artists always seem to sound fresh. Stevie Wonder. Sinatra. The Beatles. But composers are artists, too, and if I had to listen to only one artist for the rest of my life, it would be J. S. Bach. His works are the only ones I could think of that I would not tire of eventually.

My one scramble foursome of artists would be:

A. The Allman Brothers Band
B. Van Morrison
C. John Prine
D. Jimmy Buffett

So much good music out there and tough decision. I am sure no one would agree with me but it would be 311 for me. I have listened to their music for almost 30 years and dig all their albums.

George Strait would edge out Alan Jackson and Gary Allan.

U2
Buffett, REM, Springsteen and the Beatles would be next in line.

Ugh, can’t do it. I’m musically polyamorous…

I can’t either. The ones that first come to mind are Led Zeppelin and Prince. I saw Prince in concert over a dozen times so he’d likely be my choice but it would be hell to give up the variety. I love music and have been an audiophile since I was in my early 20’s. I listen to music 50x more than I watch TV or do anything else at home other than sleep. In fact, my vehicle is at a car stereo shop the next 3 days getting a big upgrade in the sound system. :)

I have a few I might be able to live with:
Elvis Costello
Van Morrison
Joe Jackson
Billy Joel
Zac Brown Band

I am sure I could come up with a few more.

I can’t either. The ones that first come to mind are Led Zeppelin and Prince. I saw Prince in concert over a dozen times so he’d likely be my choice but it would be hell to give up the variety. I love music and have been an audiophile since I was in my early 20’s. I listen to music 50x more than I watch TV or do anything else at home other than sleep. In fact, my vehicle is at a car stereo shop the next 3 days getting a big upgrade in the sound system. :)

Prince is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time, IMO.

Prince is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time, IMO.

Yep, he was a musical genius. Skip about 3:30 into the clip.

In fact, my vehicle is at a car stereo shop the next 3 days getting a big upgrade in the sound system.

What are you getting? I love music of all most kinds as well and used to upgrade my car stereo all the time, but automakers typically have custom heads nowadays and they have raised their sound games quite a bit. In fact, someone made that observation in a thread on her about aftermarket wheels.

ACDC or ZZ Top.

My 13 year old Pandora station with all my favorite bands on it says I have thumbsed up 58 Arctic Monkeys songs which is the most of any artist so I guess maybe them. My gut was to say Incubus though. I freaking love Incubus.

Back