Tour Event LIV Mayakoba 2024 Feb 2-4

Exciting finish.

LIV has some big talent, recognizable names, and some of the production is pretty cool - like the putting graphics. I think most of us will agree; it has less commercials, more golf is aired, and it is great to hear more of the caddy/golfer banter. On the other hand, the 'party' atmosphere is sophomoric and the courses are uninteresting.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sergios putter doesnt look as bad as I thought it would.
That thing has more angles on it than the stealth bomber and some of our warships.

Ya gotta take that back, no penalty.

I’d chalk this weekend up as a success for LIV. The Monday finish for the Tour HAD to mean more people getting curious and checking it out. It’s solid coverage, good golf, and it is also, imo, a lot of fun.

I’d chalk this weekend up as a success for LIV. The Monday finish for the Tour HAD to mean more people getting curious and checking it out. It’s solid coverage, good golf, and it is also, imo, a lot of fun.
Absolutely agree.. saved Sunday IMO.

BuT the RaTiNgS

He new the risks when signing on with LIV.
That is so old and doesn’t make him any less deserving. But isn’t wrong either.

Do we want the best players or not is the real question. Pretty sure he said he would go the qualifier route if needed.

Dollar bills

1000012591.jpg

I will say this, as mich star power LiV had last year, Rahm pushed them up several levels in terms of legitimacy and overall exposure. I’ve never seen ESPN or other outlets show LIV highlights or final results like they are doing now.

This thread is a small snapshot of people tuning in when otherwise wouldn’t. Could be the Pebble wash out, but this one felt like LIv turned the corner in a bunch of ways.

Surratt pocketing a cool $330k.. not bad for a 19’yr old college kid

Final was fun. Super glad Sergio didn't win.

Adding AK in a month is going to bring some eyes... Really excited if that's for sure happening!

As has been said, PGA not bring in today was a good thing for LIV. TV coverage was a little more bearable. Seeing the star power is making me miss all the folks on the same tour a bit though...

Don't forget to add in the team money, and whatever signing bonus he may have gotten.

Anyone know if Caleb Surratt is related to Chazz and Sage Surratt who play in the NFL? Roughly the same age and from the same Charlotte region of NC.

Sergios putter doesnt look as bad as I thought it would.

I was wondering what Sergio's new putter is. It looks interesting with the carbon body. It is a Swiss company, Golfyr. Costs $720 USD though. Yikes.

Plus $750,000 for the Legion team win putting him over $1M

Hatton with a cool 500k plus team win earnings to go with his $60M contract.

He new the risks when signing on with LIV.
Yes, he should've known OWGR is corrupt and holding PGAT water for the TV contract revenue.

Tell me why the 54-hole PIF team and individual Aramco Series get World Rankings. I'll wait.

Plus $750,000 for the Legion team win putting him over $1M

Hatton with a cool 500k plus team win earnings to go with his $60M contract.
Uhm, I thought 'team' winnings is not completely doled out to the players as it was in the first couple of years, but a large portion is now kept by the captain (or LIV) for administrative purposes of team activities or payment to get new/replaced members.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/2024-liv-golf-league-mayakoba-prize-money-payout-each-golfer-purse

The 'winning' team at Mayakoba only got $3 mill last week..... it used to be $5 mill.

Last edited:
Uhm, I thought 'team' winnings is not completely doled out to the players as it was in the first couple of years, but a large portion is now kept by the captain (or LIV) for administrative purposes of team activities or payment to get new/replaced members.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/2024-liv-golf-league-mayakoba-prize-money-payout-each-golfer-purse

The 'winning' team at Mayakoba only got $3 mill last week..... it used to be $5 mill.
There was talk of Captains deciding how to dole out team winnings and investing some back into the team but I would imagine the majority is given to the players who contributed to the win.

So hypothetically let's say they all get 500k and $1M goes into the team's future.

Not sure what took them so long to get this out but I love these short film type recaps. I would of helped if it was right after the event and not 2 months later. :ROFLMAO:

Back