ANNOUNCEMENT Live Chat: Chris Voshall with Mizuno Golf

a man can dream, brotha..
right.....i did mention it earlier and it doesnt sound like its on the horizon for them. thus my response lol

How has the shaft optimizer 3D helped with customer satisfaction? Have you had any issues where the club fitter wasn't using it as intended? What advice would you give a club who has the shaft optimizer 3D but not a launch monitor of any type?

You've got a full tank of gas, 300 bucks in the pocket, and all day to drive.

Where are you golfing, and what's in the bag?

So I have to be able to get there from my place in Atlanta....hmm.
Let's go with a zillion holes at Sweeten's Cove. I haven't mate that trip yet, but I really want to. And then I'll keep going to Nashville!

In the bag:
ST200 Driver
ST190 #3/#5 Woods
MP-H5 #3-4 irons
JPX919 Tour 5-9
T7 46,51, 58
M Craft Type 2 Black

@Vosh68 What is the most popular Mizuno Driver, and why?

Chris - with the release of the new putters, how do you think Mizuno will fare against other big box names in that area of the market?

The putter market is a tough one, but I think we're doing a lot of things right.
Our Price point is very good, especially when you consider they come with w weight kit and are the really the only forged putters out there.

So I have to be able to get there from my place in Atlanta....hmm.
Let's go with a zillion holes at Sweeten's Cove. I haven't mate that trip yet, but I really want to. And then I'll keep going to Nashville!

In the bag:
ST200 Driver
ST190 #3/#5 Woods
MP-H5 #3-4 irons
JPX919 Tour 5-9
T7 46,51, 58
M Craft Type 2 Black

He's heading your direction @Summit !

Since the copper is a thing layer over the clubhead, does it wear off? Is it finished somehow to prevent that? Also, will we see that same copper underlay in the JPX line at some point?

Also, I know the woods have been getting a ton of praise this year. It is great to see Mizuno pick up a little steam on that front.

What's that current HC you play to nowadays? Or at least pre-corona?

Morning Vosh!

How much fun is it to work with Mizuno, and what is the most insane thing you have gotten to experience whole working with Mizuno?

Hopefully all is well! Keep safe!

Good morning! It's an absolute blast! Even on a bad day, I just get to sit around and talk about golf.
I would say the most insane thing I've been able to experience was in July 2018. I watched round 3 of the British Open from the sky club of the Atlanta Airport, then hoped on a plane and flew to Scotland to see Round 4 at Carnoustie and follow Rory and Tiger around.
Then I got to play it a few days later....nuts!

What is your favorite beverage when on the golf course playing a fun /social round?

The putter market is a tough one, but I think we're doing a lot of things right.
Our Price point is very good, especially when you consider they come with w weight kit and are the really the only forged putters out there.
I agree. Price point can't really be beat. I know I am looking to get my hands on the new Blue 2. Thanks for the response.

Why do you think the metalwoods category for Mizuno never really took off before the last couple of releases?

The metal woods are gaining more and more traction each year as we put more of a focus on them.
The ST190 saw an increase of 80% over the ST180 line which was already significantly up on the JPX before them.
ST200 is off to an awesome start. We're gaining. It's low moving from the outside looking in, but big from the inside looking out.

@Vosh68 How are Mizuno golf ball sales, marketing, etc going? What would you like to see done to better those in 2020?

What made the MP63 iron sole distinctly different from other MP models ?
When it was a current model, which Tour pros played MP63?

Chris, thanks for joining us! Mizuno has long been associated with the highest of quality irons (especially in the forged set). For us mid-high handicappers, what should we look for when we consider getting fit for a forged iron set? How does Mizuno approach the design and construction to blend forgiveness with the forging (as many other companies only forge faces so they can include other materials inside to max forgiveness)?

Most of the forgings out there are really just forging the backs and not the faces. We always make sure to forge the faces so you're getting the most out of that forged feel. For fitting mid handicappers, I would just make sure you trust the numbers, and look to blend sets.

Favorite music to listen to while on the course - genre or band?

Also - are you a better golfer or a better snowboarder?

Youโ€™re a Data guyโ€ฆdo you really think that โ€œno oneโ€ does, or that youโ€™re just in the other statistical percentage??

I worked in restaurant from 2000-2005 before kale was a thing. We put a spring of kale on every single steak and chicken entree to make the plate look nice. No one ever ate it then.

@Vosh68 - Given the slowed market recently and a few product launches before the pandemic, what product are you happiest with so far and what product (might be different) will have the biggest increase (sales/adoption) for the remainder or the year?

RB Golf Balls
ST-200 Drivers
M Craft Putters
New MP-20 Line
Something else?

The last few released Mizuno has seemingly gone very much away from the EZ lines that they had in the past. I know Hot Metal has been that product that helps to reach the higher handicap golfer, but do you every see Mizuno bringing back the EZ philosophy in the near future for irons/woods?

As far as the level of forgiveness of the EZ, maybe, but the look and name, we likely will not go back to that philosophy. In general, that was bit of us going away from what we are, which is a company that tried to pack as much forgiveness as possible into as small a package as possible. With the EZ line, we ignored part 2.

Thanks for coming on THP Chris, great having the personal interaction with Mizuno! Question, I have a set of 919 Forged in 6-P w/Recoil Proto 95s, what would you suggest for a forgiving iron in 4 and 5 possible 3 iron slot?

Thanks for coming on THP Chris, great having the personal interaction with Mizuno! Question, I have a set of 919 Forged in 6-P w/Recoil Proto 95s, what would you suggest for a forgiving iron in 4 and 5 possible 3 iron slot?

Dont forget custom THP Recoil protos haha

Based on the Youtube Videos and Social Media posts I've watched and read, t appears that Mizuno in Europe is prevalent or more "Accepted" that in North America.
Is that a misconception on my part?

Admittedly, Mizuno Europe has been doing a better job than us over here on the marketing side. Over the past year we are attempting to pull things more unified and hopefully begin to deliver one message sooner rather than later.
You may have seen Jeff's interview on here last week. He has been a big addition to help grow our prevalence.
Overall though, our market shares are similar between US and Europe, they've just been better at telling our story. You're doing to see some nice unification soon!

Hey Chris, have you been able to hit any balls yet with your speed training to see any gains?

Side note, I played with the new driver and fairway the other day as you saw from Twitter. I absolutely had one of my best driving days ever. Only missed one fairway with the driver and smoked the 3W off the tee twice. Should be getting them back out on Thursday.

Chris I tested the new ST200 driver but did not get to test the ST200G. The fitter did not have one in stock. I feel like I would gravitate towards the G anyways. Are the acoustics any different between the 2 drivers? The standard ST200 showed great ball speeds but I just didn't like the louder sound of it.

Back