CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Quest Cup with Edel Golf

Some folks must not gamble much. Ties always loose...
Might as well just pick a side and choose then.....

And lose like I have been.
Big Cats GIF by NETFLIX

Wow, even reading up on the final stretch from some 20 pages back, that was exiting! Huge battle by @Wildcat and @mson with a fantastic finish for the putt off.

Congrats to Team Blake, what a show by all of you, @EdelBlake, Mike, @mson and @shanewu!

And kudos to Team JB too for the battle and the posting, great guys all, @Wildcat, @JonD, @JohnSinVA and of course thw unfortunately injured @JB.

Quest Cup never fails to deliver!

Great golf by both teams. Congratulations to Team Blake! This was fun to follow.

Had to take the wife to the airport and missed the end. Congrats Team Blake! Some great golf played out there!

Now for my AC backing, let's not talk about that, but send well wishes on a speedy recovery.

Congrats all on a great experience! Safe travels home!

Looking forward to seeing @EdelBlake sometime this summer for a putter check. Maybe some other things too!

My cell reception was pretty bad out there and I couldn’t get much to upload on the course, so apologies for the lack of posts during the round. Thanks to everyone following. Probably one of the toughest courses I’ve played, but was an absolute blast.

I could get used to this whole playing with a caddie thing. I thought I knew how to generally read greens, but I most definitely do not. Tom was fantastic helping us navigate the course today.

Photo dumping a few pics from today’s round now that I have stable reception.

Elevation is really crazy on a bunch of holes.
IMG_3163.jpeg

Views were just incredible everywhere.
IMG_3164.jpeg
IMG_3166.jpeg

Double green is absolutely massive. @Wildcat is had to putt from one pin to the other.
IMG_3165.jpeg

I could never get tired of playing here

Hit @Wildcat ’s Edel SMS Pro 5i from 192 on 7 to 17’. Missed the putt right by a couple inches.

IMG_1547.jpeg

@EdelBlake - way to lead the team to a W and thanks for all the fun and swag you got to show off this week

A shout out to each of the participants that were great this week.
What a fun few days at Ballyhack.

Great event - second in a week. Superb work from everyone on all of the updates and photos and once again amazing job @jlew on the scoresheets.

Congrats to Team Blake (and for winning me some coins). Commiserations to Team JB - well fought.

Ballyhack continued to amaze and inspire me for the second half of this week - never getting tired of seeing this course, the cottages, the food, and the goats - a wonderful property.Amazing support from Edel - those wedges and putters were stunning.

Finally kudos to @JB and @GolferGal for putting on not just this event this week but the Bag Boy as well - wonderful work - and really amps up my desire to be able to attend a THP Experience at some point in the future.

Last edited:
my UST Mamiya Elements Gold Proto is so proto it has only chrome paint and a label with a code

IMG_1546.jpeg

Sorry I couldn't follow in real time, but hell of a thread to catch up on. Well done by everyone making it a fun read!

I came out 1 AC coin to the good. Woohoo!

Instead of a breakfast ball, The Wildcard ( aka @Wildcat ) took a mid-lunch ball on 8. 😂

Great job everyone and fabulous job as usual Edel! Putters and wedges look so nice!

Back