CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Shaft Up #1 with UST Mamiya

Something tells me that isnt the only way you two are different.
We will be the judge based on pace of play.

And darn right, I will be arriving in style with my new THP Limited Series item

Community is still leaning towards Team Jewamese:

Team Jewamese: 59.49%
Team Amiish Cheedar: 40.51%
Episode 9 Reaction GIF by Law & Order

Something tells me that isnt the only way you two are different.
We will be the judge based on pace of play.

And darn right, I will be arriving in style with my new THP Limited Series item
As long as we play fast 😁

As long as we play fast 😁
I have yet to met a THPer that doesn't play fast.
Until we actually play.
Im confident you will not be fast.

But we won't hold that against you.

I have yet to met a THPer that doesn't play fast.
Until we actually play.
Im confident you will not be fast.

But we won't hold that against you.
Why is it that the pace always slows down?

Because people are not ready.
They wont stop talking. They wont get out of the cart. They dont play ready golf. They look for balls for way too long. They take forever to read greens when they dont know what they are looking at. Chipping is terrible. Driving is not good. Have I mentioned that people are not ready when its their turn?

They overthink it and play golf swing, spray the ball more, go on search and rescue expeditions more… that’s some of the reasons off the top of my head.

I think it's a little bit of everything. People are not fast golfers, they are spending a lot of time not golfing for what might be the first time for a lot of people and they stress out with it. Last time I didn't bring enough balls, and I came to regret that - especially in the shamble situation, if it's gone it's gone don't bother. People don't practice live posting, so they are trying to do it and there is a lot of fumbling around.

Star-struck playing next to JB.

also the combination, of new, fantastic courses, now trying to figure out how to use caddies, new people, good conversation, trying to keep up with the forum, etc.

not playing shamble before my first thp event i was shocked at how much time we took just debating which drive to take. overthinking, especially when naiive to competative golf, is a big thing.

also the combination, of new, fantastic courses, now trying to figure out how to use caddies, new people, good conversation, trying to keep up with the forum, etc.

not playing shamble before my first thp event i was shocked at how much time we took just debating which drive to take. overthinking, especially when naiive to competative golf, is a big thing.
See you say star struck, I was going to say too focused on next drink to realize to be in the moment.

Does a Kentuckian eat Ranch in the woods?

Been packed. I've repacked and I've been inspecting my luggage almost daily making sure I haven't missed anything.
Travel day is Monday?

See you say star struck, I was going to say too focused on next drink to realize to be in the moment.

I've had to go the other way. I get frustrated with even semi-slow play and then play faster to try and make up for it. it gets me in almost any competitive round i've ever played.

They overthink it and play golf swing, spray the ball more, go on search and rescue expeditions more… that’s some of the reasons off the top of my head.
Definitely been guilty of this in the past. I'm trying to get well past that before I step foot on the Ballyhack property this year.

Travel day is Monday?
We don't need to arrive until Tuesday afternoon, but I am heading out Monday so that I can check in with the Ranch King of Louisville. He seems to need to some help.

They wont stop talking. They wont get out of the cart. They dont play ready golf. They look for balls for way too long. They take forever to read greens when they dont know what they are looking at. Chipping is terrible. Driving is not good. Have I mentioned that people are not ready when it's their turn?
Wow! So...really not so bad!? 😳😂

Let's be honest- the community as a whole hasn't done a great job in picking the winner in the last few experiences.
60% of the time, it works every time.

They wont stop talking. They wont get out of the cart. They dont play ready golf. They look for balls for way too long. They take forever to read greens when they dont know what they are looking at. Chipping is terrible. Driving is not good. Have I mentioned that people are not ready when its their turn?
Was just waiting for my turn to respond, can I go now? 😏

What is a shamble? Own ball off of best drive?

I will say having played with JB that's he's quick, but it's not breakneck pace that is unbelievably difficult to keep up with.

Travel day is Monday?
I’ll be driving down Tuesday! Meeting some friends in Louisville KY on my way down for lunch.

Back