CONTEST Live Update Thread – The 2024 WorldWide Golf Championship

Where the hell were you on Friday. @Deebo76 and I had quite the adventure in alt shot thanks to those fairways…
Sorry my man. I was at the hospital with my Granny. I really feel bad I couldn't follow along this weekend, but life was crazy this weekend.

I told you guys it was gonna be good right?
We even got swag you had no clue about haha.
2nd hole on Saturday...
Scott: Deebo, where did you get that awesome ball marker?
Deebo: Scott, you gave one to all of us.
Scott: I did?
Deebo: Yes it was next to the tees I believe..
Scott: I gave you guys tees too?
Deebo: I love you mannn

We even got swag you had no clue about haha.
2nd hole on Saturday...
Scott: Deebo, where did you get that awesome ball marker?
Deebo: Scott, you gave one to all of us.
Scott: I did?
Deebo: Yes it was next to the tees I believe..
Scott: I gave you guys tees too?
Deebo: I love you mannn
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Haha sorry but those greens on Friday were tricky. We had to see 1 go in.
fair enough but pretty sure that was the first hole :ROFLMAO:

fair enough but pretty sure that was the first hole :ROFLMAO:
Haha I cant remember which hole it was but I was talking to your partner and got distracted.

Its all good I made the putt I just remember thinking what the heck :ROFLMAO:
I was still reeling from this opening debacle… Poor Kyle he had that rake in his hand the entire round IMG_6304.jpeg

Finally caught up through the last day. This format is really fun to follow along with.

Congrats @mantan and @KY Golfer, and thanks for the coins 😎

Excited to see @JB, @jdtox, and @Parrot will be in it next year!

Congrats @JW Smoove on the prize win!

Ok, got a few minutes here lets see what we can get to.

First off, I can’t express how happy I am that Whiskey Business got to ride. Everyone there was awesome but Will is just a perfect partner for something like this. He popped in on the way home to ride some of the weather out and have a commiserative whiskey. During that time I think my wife already began planning couples trips unknown to Mrs MarMill, haha. We hit the ground running when he swung by to pick me up. We had planned to play golf somewhere this morning, in retrospect it might have been able to shake some of the first round issues, but wcyd. Flew down I35 and met up with most of the squad at twin peaks (now it’s a tradition). Wasn’t planning on drinking there but they had a legit whiskey list soooo.

Off to Briggs and it’s always a whirlwind landing, unloading, shaking hands with friends young and old. Relaxed, got a few holes of golden tee in with @outlawx and @Deebo76 . spent some time trying to spend money in the proshop, but to no avail. The swag has been covered but Trevor and the guys went hard, It’s all legit high quality stuff, top notch all around. The new WorldWide logo came up at some point and I really like it, and looks great on some of the swag. Trevor is a passionate golfer and golf equipment-er, it wasn’t going in the swag bag unless he would have used it.

Time to turn on business mode and sportscoats came out. Fajita dinner great as always. Scott gave a great intro speech about worldwide and why they are doing this and what the vision is. Really cool stuff. Im not sure he quite was ready for a full hoarde of THPers (who is) but he jumped in and ran with it. The mid-round apparel change during the first round was legendary. Full-on THPer move.

Bunker contest is just a mainstay at Briggs. I don’t need to explain it much more. Some really good shots that night and some less. I had planned to get a few practice swings in with my gamer LW, but just slipped my mind with the fun of dinner so it was one bad shot and done for me. Casita 3 was the place to be after that. I’ve never seen someone so committed to get a fire pit going than @blazinden . We shut it down pretty early and got prepped for the next day.

Day 1: Best I’ve felt the morning of a big match or THP event. It was hard to explain, I was so relaxed. Woke up like 2 minutes before my alarm. Hot shower. Rolled into breakfast right when it opened. Coffee was perfect. Didn’t overdo the tacos (which would have been so easy). Planned to go easy on the range for about 10 minutes or so.

I was a bit confused where this was coming from because the weeks/months leading up to this really were a trainwreck. I had completely lost my short iron game, I really did hurt my foot, I’ve had some career stress and changes which limited golf practice that was planned, daughter was sick for a week then I had a bad cold the weekend before that cancelled my last planned round.

So then the range. I posted it in the thread, but it was perfect. I probably didn’t hit 20-25 balls but every one was perfect. 3 ½ to ¼ 8irons to loosen up, perfect. Full 8 irons, 4 or 5 perfect. 2 utility, 3 balls dead straight on the button. 4 or 5 drivers, soft fade all center cut. I was freaking out at this point. That was all I had planned to hit. I went back to the cart and pulled out the PW because the ZX7s can expose me a bit more at times. 3 stock swings dead nuts straight. ****. Ok. 3 fades, right on the flag I was hitting to. 3 draws to the same flag, all probably hit within 15 feet. I knew exactly what was about to happen, but I just packed up and headed to the putting green. Foreshadowing: It would be #5 of the alt shot round later in the day I would hit an above average iron (for me)

Round 1:

Saturday the ball was NOT going anywhere. The air was super thick with humidity and the wind was always hurting it felt like.

Our caddy even said it's a club longer than you think on every hole.
Yep I feel that. The last round I played in TX, I had 20+ mph winds the entire round.

I haven't gone through the full thread yet so I am not sure if this was posted yet. Coming off 18 on Saturday every group received a refreshing frozen Transfusion which was freaking excellent!!! However, the last group on Saturday Southern Twang and Whiskey Business received ice cold water... 😂 that was sent to them by @JB .
This is pretty damn funny 😂

I haven't gone through the full thread yet so I am not sure if this was posted yet. Coming off 18 on Saturday every group received a refreshing frozen Transfusion which was freaking excellent!!! However, the last group on Saturday Southern Twang and Whiskey Business received ice cold water... 😂 that was sent to them by @JB .
I drank it all. :D

@Nerdy and I were warned by @JB not to have one of those Transfusion after the first 18 as they were basically all liquor.
Nerdy did take one and about the 3rd sip, choked and said "Wow that's a lot of liquor in that drink"

I can say that I had no idea that was happening. I didnt arrange it, nor know until it was brought out.

So I can just bring polos and I get $15 off each time??
I believe this to be correct. They may have a maximum allowable though

Back