CONTEST Live Update Thread: The 2023 GOAT Cup with Callaway Golf

How is the Post experience feels going this morning?
This morning, was hoping I could just restart this past week and head to the airport :ROFLMAO:

Such an amazing experience

Just awesome that this experience thread continues to rage on!!!

What a great trip!

Huge thank you to @JB @GolferGal @JasonFinleyCG @AT_CG and Callaway for setting up this fantastic event call The Goat Cup! @jdtox knocked it out of the park with this logo!!! My favorite for THP events 🔥

Team Tudor was so good to be a part of! @AT_CG was everything great I've heard about him and Velvet Hammer describes him perfectly! Said it earlier in this thread, I've never seen a tee shot hit so high and far in person....seeing a legit 332 yard drive is crazy. His irons look to start out way too long only to land softly near the pin. Unreal golf skills and a such a nice man!

@Trmpt98 and @sunshine were the best teammates I could hope for. Our zoom calls flowed easily from the start and this friendship carried on throughout the event. Glad we got 2 practice rounds in with these guys! Was so fun to cheer @Trmpt98 on to victory in singles! Can't wait to see the golfer @sunshine becomes with his ever present smile and drive! Was a pleasure to share this event with you two and can't wait til we tee it again.

Getting to play two rounds with a @JasonFinleyCG during the event was an absolute pleasure! Im glad he saw me play 14 good holes, unfortunately, they were the first 9 and last 6 holes of these 2 rounds with crap golf in between! Hoping I get another shot some December!

Fun to meet and compete against @TRyan and @outlawx aka Terrell Hatton. Look forward to seeing @outlawx inTexas sometime

Arbor Links is a great course to compete on, tough enough to require good shots but not pucker scary!

Dormie Network properties are first class all the way. Every detail is thought of and covered! The smell greeting us going into the clubhouse/restaurant started each perfect day!

Thanks to everyone who followed and supported this Goat Cup 2023 👊🏻

I'm honored to have participated in this great event.
#LLGC 🔥View attachment 9178583View attachment 9178587View attachment 9178588
Great recap @USAF Retired, it was a blast following along with you all. You guys did such an awesome job keeping the forum updated with scores and photos!

Okay, just finished reading this thread. Thanks to all who participated and followed along. Amazed at all of this engagement and am glad you all seemed to have enjoyed it too! Shout out to @jlew and @Mmaynard11 for keeping the scorecard and @PharaohHB for the flyovers. Great work guys

Recap....I'm going to need a thesaurus for all the superlatives i am about to use

What an amazing experience. This was my first THP experience. I have played with some THPers before and it was absolutely stellar, but an official THP experience is next level.

First, shout out to @JB and @GolferGal for planning this experience and for Callaway Golf and @AT_CG and @JasonFinleyCG for sponsoring this event. The whole experience was so well-planned and the meals were knock-your-socks off good.

@JB it was very good to meet you. I think you are even funnier in person. You are a great competitor. It was a very impressive comeback between you and @outlawx in our shamble. Thanks for the new forum name. I think it fits great.
Thanks for all you do to keep THP the best place on the Internet.

@JasonFinleyCG I don't know why you get compared to Darth Vader. Jason is top-notch in every aspect. He didn't talk trash to me in our alt-shot round. Maybe he was in power-save mode after the shamble or just felt bad seeing some of my sorry swings. Or perhaps he knew he couldn't get in my head or was just in awe of my head of hair or short game. Not quite sure, but it was good to play with him. Jason is hilarious and very generous. Thanks for sharing some of your dinner 👊👊
Appreciate that tip about the chap stick. Will be utilizing that esoteric knowledge going forward.

@TRyan I thought I had muscular legs. It is clear this man does not skip leg day. Or arm day for that matter. It was fun playing Table Creek with you and getting to be a part of your group on Day 2. It was fun to talk a bit about baseball and next time we get together I'll put on my tin foil hat and talk to you about my diet :ROFLMAO:
I don't know what your lowest index has been but I think you have the game to be a single digit handicap in a very short period of time. Keep it up, let's see 140 on that green stick! Sorry for calling you Tyler and Ryan. I finally got your first name right by the end of it 🤷‍♂️(y)
Congrats on getting a win in a Callaway event (y)(y)

Love this pic of us :ROFLMAO:
I think I was telling @TRyan something along the lines of:
"I could throw a football like, 70 yards"
Or maybe I was telling him about my diet. Not quite sure.....
He got a 2nd dessert from Jason View attachment 9177593

@outlawx Bandito. I went 0-2 against the outlaw this event. Stand up guy. Great competitor. Tyrrell Hatton look-alike. Good sense of humor and easy-going. Very fun playing with him. For both of us, it was our first THP event. Maybe even the first time playing with other THPers for him. What say you @outlawx ?

I think he comes out as MVP having gone 3-0 in his matches. In our singles match, I was down 2 early and I was a little frustrated and had my game face on and he came over and told me to just play my game and have fun. I told him I was having fun! (I just knew I had to get it together or it was going to be a boat race with some of his pop holes) :ROFLMAO:
He played very well and I am very impressed with his game. That index is going to drop fast friend. Me and him are going to be holding each other accountable in our journeys to scratch. I don't know if he will be coming to Florida or if I will be going to Texas first, but we will be having some matches in the near future 🔥(y)(y)

@Trmpt98 Alt-shot partner. We had a shot there. Kept it closer than a lot of people thought. That was fun. I am glad to have gotten to get rounds with you at Hillcrest and Table Creek because we were only together for 9 holes during the event. Your driver and 3 wood are weapons. I hope 2023 brings you better golf like you played in 2021. It sure looks to be trending that way! I also enjoyed being able to sit next to you at dinner both nights. It was cool to talk some music with you. And lunch and dinner on Sunday was a blast.
I am very grateful for the team gift. That is going to make its way into the shadow box, if I ever get to making it. Hope to see you down in Orlando soon!

@USAF Retired Craiggrs. (That is Craig + GIRs for all those who don't know). USAF can be a GIR machine. I am glad to have gotten to ride with you at Table Creek and to have gotten a round with you at Hillcrest. USAF is hilarious and is a true competitor. He also has a huge passion for golf. He is quick witted and was probably the perfect match for Finley in singles. Lunch and Dinner on Sunday were great. Thanks again for the hotel room on Sunday 👊👊👊
Another killer team gift. This one is going in the golf bottle rotation, and I bet it will bring a smile to my face every time I see it.
He also is easy going and rolled with the gramps jokes. Such a pleasure USAF!
Thanks for teaching me some nuanced golf rules (and what muddling a blueberry was!) 👊

@AT_CG Last but certainly not least, Captain of Team Tudor. Too bad we couldn't get that piece of hardware. Thanks for being the best captain we could ask for. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to be paired up with you for 36 holes. That was a real treat. Thanks for hanging out with us around the bonfire both nights and talking shop about all things Callaway Soft Goods. Looking forward to seeing what soft goods has in store for the coming year(s). If I ever get selected for Grandaddy, I think it would be fun to play you in singles but only under the condition that it was straight up (meaning that means I need to get to scratch!) :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for carrying me off the tee box in shamble and providing moral support! And thanks for looking at some of my swings. I really appreciate that. That was really cool.
#tempotown

To the staff at ArborLinks. I doubt any of you see this... But it was top-notch and made us feel like family. Thanks for a great stay!

I hope the GOAT Cup returns in 2024. I think it should. It is an amazing experience. Can't wait to get in the weeds using / reviewing some Chrome Soft and soft goods

Team Finley, congrats.
BE0DA5F0-AECA-4647-B87D-54B2F252344A.jpeg
Team Tudor. It was a pleasure!
C155FA8A-3623-44A7-A297-F64896D5F3B0.jpeg

Okay, just finished reading this thread. Thanks to all who participated and followed along. Amazed at all of this engagement and am glad you all seemed to have enjoyed it too! Shout out to @jlew and @Mmaynard11 for keeping the scorecard and @PharaohHB for the flyovers. Great work guys

Recap....I'm going to need a thesaurus for all the superlatives i am about to use

What an amazing experience. This was my first THP experience. I have played with some THPers before and it was absolutely stellar, but an official THP experience is next level.

First, shout out to @JB and @GolferGal for planning this experience and for Callaway Golf and @AT_CG and @JasonFinleyCG for sponsoring this event. The whole experience was so well-planned and the meals were knock-your-socks off good.

@JB it was very good to meet you. I think you are even funnier in person. You are a great competitor. It was a very impressive comeback between you and @outlawx in our shamble. Thanks for the new forum name. I think it fits great.

@JasonFinleyCG I don't know why you get compared to Darth Vader. Jason is top-notch in every aspect. He didn't talk trash to me in our alt-shot round. Maybe he was in power-save mode after the shamble or just felt bad seeing some of my sorry swings. Or perhaps he knew he couldn't get in my head or was just in awe of my head of hair or short game. Not quite sure, but it was good to play with him. Jason is hilarious and very generous. Thanks for sharing some of your dinner 👊👊
Appreciate that tip about the chap stick. Will be utilizing that esoteric knowledge going forward.

@TRyan I thought I had muscular legs. It is clear this man does not skip leg day. Or arm day for that matter. It was fun playing Table Creek with you and getting to be a part of your group on Day 2. It was fun to talk a bit about baseball and next time we get together I'll put on my tin foil hat and talk to you about my diet :ROFLMAO:
I don't know what your lowest index has been but I think you have the game to be a single digit handicap in a very short period of time. Keep it up, let's see 140 on that green stick! Sorry for calling you Tyler and Ryan. I finally got your first name right by the end of it 🤷‍♂️(y)

@outlawx Bandito. I went 0-2 against the outlaw this event. Stand up guy. Great competitor. Tyrrell Hatton look-alike. Good sense of humor and easy-going. Very fun playing with him. For both of us, it was our first THP event. Maybe even the first time playing with other THPers for him. What say you @outlawx ?

I think he comes out as MVP having gone 3-0 in his matches. In our singles match, I was down 2 early and I was a little frustrated and had my game face on and he came over and told me to just play my game and have fun. I told him I was having fun! (I just knew I had to get it together or it was going to be a boat race with some of his pop holes) :ROFLMAO:
He played very well and I am very impressed with his game. That index is going to drop fast friend. Me and him are going to be holding each other accountable in our journeys to scratch. I don't know if he will be coming to Florida or if I will be going to Texas first, but we will be having some matches in the near future 🔥(y)(y)

@Trmpt98 Alt-shot partner. We had a shot there. Kept it closer than a lot of people thought. That was fun. I am glad to have gotten to get rounds with you at Hillcrest and Table Creek because we were only together for 9 holes during the event. Your driver and 3 wood are weapons. I hope 2023 brings you better golf like you played in 2021. It sure looks to be trending that way! I also enjoyed being able to sit next to you at dinner both nights. It was cool to talk some music with you. And lunch and dinner on Sunday was a blast.
I am very grateful for the team gift. That is going to make its way into the shadow box, if I ever get to making it. Hope to see you down in Orlando soon!

@USAF Retired Craiggrs. (That is Craig + GIRs for all those who don't know). USAF can be a GIR machine. I am glad to have gotten to ride with you at Table Creek and to have gotten a round with you at Hillcrest. USAF is hilarious and is a true competitor. He also has a huge passion for golf. He is quick witted and was probably the perfect match for Finley in singles. Lunch and Dinner on Sunday were great. Thanks again for the hotel room on Sunday 👊👊👊
Another killer team gift. This one is going in the golf bottle rotation, and I bet it will bring a smile to my face every time I see it.
Thanks for teaching me some nuanced golf rules (and what muddling a blueberry was!) 👊

@AT_CG Last but certainly not least, Captain of Team Tudor. Too bad we couldn't get that piece of hardware. Thanks for being the best captain we could ask for. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to be paired up with you for 36 holes. That was a real treat. Thanks for hanging out with us around the bonfire both nights and talking shop about all things Callaway Soft Goods. Looking forward to seeing what soft goods has in store for the coming year(s). If I ever get selected for Grandaddy, I think it would be fun to play you in singles but only under the condition that it was straight up (meaning that means I need to get to scratch!) :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for carrying me off the tee box in shamble and providing moral support! And thanks for looking at some of my swings. I really appreciate that. That was really cool.
#tempotown

To the staff at ArborLinks. I doubt any of you see this... But it was top-notch and made us feel like family. Thanks for a great stay!

I hope the GOAT Cup returns in 2024. I think it should. It is an amazing experience. Can't wait to get in the weeds using / reviewing some Chrome Soft and soft goods

Team Finley, congrats.
View attachment 9178667
View attachment 9178666
Great recap Matt! You embraced this event and did it your way!!! Thanks for taking us with you!

#tempotown

Team Finley, congrats.
View attachment 9178667
View attachment 9178666
Awesome review man!! You guys gave us great insight!

This group keeps killing it, the recaps are awesome!

I wanted to echo the sentiments of @Trmpt98 and @sunshine.

This event has been the highlight of golfing for me thus far. I want to give a special thank you to @GolferGal. Its hard enough to herd cats for the weekend foursome and you put things like this together on the regular and it was flawless. The service, menus, planning and timeline was all top notch and it made us all feel like VIPs. Thank you again.

@JB Thank you for carrying us early on in the shamble. I am very pleased to have not ruined your reputation as a back nine bully. It was also a pleasure to hear all the stories of different events throughout the history of THP. Thanks for sharing that with me.

@Trmpt98 and @USAF Retired you gents played well and I wish I had some extra rounds with you. You both were incredibly gracious dealing with some one from the dark side :LOL:

@TRyan That swing speed work you put in was plainly evident on the course in alt shot. I think you were the only one "keeping" up with AT off the tee. It was great to have you as a partner for the alt shot and singles round. You have a great game and I can't wait to see it improve further.

@sunshine Man when your long game matches your short game you will be single digit overnight. I truly enjoyed our rounds and it was an absolute blast playing all the golf with and against you. I am definitely looking forward to keeping each other accountable. I think I'll start a thread called chasing scratch. Again that short game was pure.

@JasonFinleyCG It was a little bit of a bummer we didn't get paired up on the course, however I really appreciated spending time with you and learning more than I could ever hope to about golf balls and the industry.

@AT_CG Thank you again for helping me after the rough start. The fairy tears and nights by the fire will be my favorite memory from this event. I was also a blast getting to watch you pick apart Arborlinks. If we ever get to complete again I'm hoping I won't need any pops, but then again to see that look on your face when I ask "So I get a pop here right?" is rather humorous to me.

Finally thank you all to those who interacted and followed along. It makes rereading this thread that much better and the memories that much more solid. I hope my posting style was not too abrasive (I like to joke around a bit) and make it more interesting to follow. I also hope the pictures helped, sorry about no videos as the files I had were too large in most cases.

#tempotown

Team Finley, congrats.
View attachment 9178667
View attachment 9178666
my man, Sunshine 👊🏻

I was catching up on the Worst Golf Podcast on YouTube and I was looking forward to keeping up with the thread. Then realized the GOAT cup already happened! Oops. Glad the attendees didn’t miss it! Great recaps and no doubt everyone had an amazing time. Thanks for all the pics too.

#tempotown

Team Finley, congrats.
View attachment 9178667
View attachment 9178666
Awesome recap. Also the name change is perfect.

iPhone made this “memory” video from day 2. Thought it was cool

Back