CONTEST Live Update Thread - The 2024 GOAT Cup with Callaway Golf

My diet vanilla ice cream doesn’t look so good all of a sudden…
They make diet ice cream? That's like a double negative lol

I have a friend who is a Callaway sales rep and he keeps reporting the gains players are seeing over their Pro V1/x’s … awesome stuff
I have experienced this first hand.

The putter story goes... I have an old TaylorMade center shaft putter and have not been able to confidently replace it. I've purchased center shaft Odyssey V-line and EXO 7, the Microhinge insert felt a bit soft. I tried a heel shafted Triple Track Marxman and even with the alignment I'm still not comfortable with alignment or my constant need to turn over the toe feeling of a heel shafted putter. I now have a 2023 Tri-hot 5K 7 and really like white hot insert but stil not 100% comfortable with the double bend heel shaft. So i reached out to Mr Finley to find out if he had a channel where I could "get a #7 ish, white hot insert, center shafted, 35, 36, 37" 3-4* lofted center shaft putter"

@JasonFinleyCG response was all I could hope for "Will see if i can get one through Tour. No promises but will see what we can do"

Fast forward a few weeks and the words turn to "There may be something waiting for you when you get to Briggs!"

Get to today and utter joy, amazement, disbelief, thankfulness (word???) at what I received... I still have not been informed of the cost but I will happily do what is requested.

View attachment 9248323

View attachment 9248324

View attachment 9248325

View attachment 9248326

View attachment 9248327

I am told it is tour only. I need to get speed ironed out a bit (as well as the Briggs greens) but the new putter will be in play later today.

Getting late and the competition starts early... Good night all and thank you for your support.
Man I just love this. LIKE LOVE THIS!

Alrighty, I took the entries submitted by Team Brennan stans and set up a random selector in Excel and the winner of a snazzy Briggs Ranch Boot ball marker is....

@Kenomikes 🎉

I'll shoot you a message for your address.

Thanks again to all the Team Brennan supporters. (y)

Thank you @PiratePenguin, enjoyed this follow a lot. 😀

Still catching up. Got 26 pages left, but congrats to Team Brennan! Heck of a win!

and thank you to all the participants that brought the forum along. Not everyone is able to follow every event and it's really cool to be able to come back and read through the thread and still feel like you are watching it live. Well done fellas!

Do you think Finley’s charity services are over after this one?
No charity, we got beat and it happens.

Sometimes you just don't get the breaks and you run into a cooler or a buzzsaw (or both)

That's more than I expected. I thought it would be 50-50 or slightly in favor of white. Obviously, the tech works or people wouldn't keep buying it.
That stat was for the Chrome family across the board, it changes a little by model.

Iron covers survived the trip... I don't think @JasonFinleyCG wanted to get close to them for fear something may rub off and the fire pits were only on for a limited time so it would be difficult to have proper disposal :LOL:
Look, if you want to have them on your clubs and be "that guy" that is your choice. Clubs are meant to be free and chatter!

Not enough water to throw them in out there.

Favorite hole: 18, I think. Such a great vista on that tee box, multiple holes in view, trees, fields, ridges, the clubhouse. Being from a flat part of Florida I almost never see more than one, maybe two holes, from anywhere, and most are surrounded by houses. To see NO houses (except on one side of the 11th hole, but those are NICE mansions), and all the terrain and elevation, is really nice. Also played 18 pretty well both times I think.

Least favorite hole: Visually, the 1st. Tee shot to a empty horizon, not visually very interesting. Playing it? Pick a par 3. Long and hard and if I played them all 100 times I'd double or worse each of them probably 40-50% of the time.

Memorable shot: In singles after a disaster on 10 (starting hole), I thin-heeled my drive short, topped a three wood, pushed a 5 wood just far enough right just off the fairway to have an oak tree branch maybe in play. For more 4th from around 140 I hit a 3/4 7 iron with a perfect draw right at the pin, landed a few feet short, released to about 15 ft. Won the hole to get back to even and settled down from there to just play and enjoy and turned it around. Or any of the 8,000 times I used the Callaway Pre-Owned Paradym 6 hybrid to chip, hit full shots out of bunkers to 20 ft, etc. That thing was a life saver.

Favorite aspect of the course: How natural it all is. Going out early, no other people, (almost) no houses, no road noise, just course and birds and golf. Very natural bunkering. The bluebonnets and other wild flowers blooming between the holes. Much prettier in person than comes across even in good photos. Also much more slope than pictures really show.

The ball: Like most i played the Chrome Tour. It does everything great. Very solid feel. Not hard, but not the softest ball ever. Does AMAZING in the wind. In singles we got to the long par 3 third and the pin was playing 190 into about a two club wind. I took one club extra and bounced through the back of the green. We all did. Cross wind didn't really affect it unless mis-hit in same direction. The greens are still pretty firm from their renovation, but the ball would still try to check up when you gave it spin even when the green didn't want to let it. Love the triple track. May need to get some True Track for the #garagesim if nothing else.

As for the "chirping at Finley" in Alt Shot, I honestly for the life of me do not remember what that may have been! I know after we tied it up on 6, when we got to 7 I hit a perfect drive about as hard as I could hit a drive and gave a, "Come on, LFG!" or something to my teammate @Bunker Snot but that's all I can think of. If anyone else remembers me saying something different, please share. I'd love to know! Not that there wasn't some friendly banter happening from time to time. All in good fun. It was a great group.
The chirping was talking about me hitting from in front of the tee markers. And for the record i was not in front of it. And if we want to talk about distinctly sticking to the rules..........

The chirping was talking about me hitting from in front of the tee markers. And for the record i was not in front of it. And if we want to talk about distinctly sticking to the rules..........
I watch a lot of tour golf. Rules are made to be broken. Lots of evidence there.

😂😂😂 Finley with a flurry right now

@JasonFinleyCG did you pick anything up from the Briggs proshop at all?

Oh yeah, the tee markers. I forgot all about that. 🐤 :ROFLMAO:

Broken Briggs coffee mug situation all resolved, got the package today, safe and sound, well packed surrounded in tissue paper that smells like Briggs. 🥰

Back