CONTEST Live Update Thread - The 2024 GOAT Cup with Callaway Golf

They have some pretty cool special edition Truvis balls coming, but the Year of the Dragon edition will be can't miss...
already released and sold out in case anyone is looking out for them:

1710805400703.png

Looking back through it all this picture may be one of the biggest lasting memories for me. The pure joy!IMG_5128.jpeg

Question to those who participated:

From the photos that were posted it appears to me that Briggs is a very minimalist layout; in other words it doesn't look like they moved a lot of dirt around to make the holes, but rather let the contours dictate the shape of the holes. Most of the bunkering appears to be rugged, with the fescue around the edges.

Please don't think I'm talking down about the course, because I would absolutely love to have the opportunity to play it someday. I'm just wondering how others would describe it?

It is a very natural looking course, but they absolutely moved some dirt to create the green complexes - in a very tasteful and natural looking way, of course. LOTS of subtle and not so subtle movement on and around the greens (false fronts, sides, backs...). Bunkers are surrounded by thicker grass but the other areas are straight fairway up to the greens in most places, so if you catch a false front it might roll back well off the green into a collection area. I started using my 6 hybrid to chip with instead of wedges and that worked out great for me. My wedge chipping has sucked lately, and the fairways were thin and springy and I kept bouncing wedges into the ball and hitting thin chips, so playing them on the ground whenever I could was safer.

@MBrennanCG was playing them... they were cool
I was until I lost them all. Just kidding. Sort of.

We will have a bunch of new launches this year @Mikey D. I'm excited for y'all to see them. Who knows, they may be here sooner than you think 👀 Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not. Stay tuned!

@JDax @JB

We will have a bunch of new launches this year @Mikey D. I'm excited for y'all to see them. Who knows, they may be here sooner than you think 👀 Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not. Stay tuned!

@JDax @JB
We will have it covered : )

@JDax @JB
Sneakin in dropping nuggets- love it! Hopefully the boss has eased up on you....

@JDax @JB

I needs a Peeps 🐤 Chrome Tour for Easter :ROFLMAO:

@JDax @JB
Ohhhh, I am picking up what you’re putting down and love seeing new Truvis released!

@JDax @JB
There are some cool ones coming, no doubt.

Whoa .... Congrats @Nappy :cool:

I have the boot with the spinning spur to give away. Needs to come from within the thread. Who should it go to everyone?

Back