CONTEST Live Update Thread: The GOAT Cup with Callaway Golf

After a couple of days of Goat Cup/Ballyhack withdrawal here are some reflections on the inaugural Goat Cup.

Firstly, I have been a member of THP for awhile, lurking in the weeds and posting when I can when life doesn’t get in the way. Had never been to a THP experience before and often found myself with a full range of emotions (mostly jealousy) experiencing the other experiences from afar. So you can only imagine the excitement when my name was called to participate in the inaugural Goat Cup.

Well the Goat Cup was one of the few things in life that exceeded its highly lofted expectations. I had a few simple goals for the Goat Cup and how I played was not actually one of them-till things got tight on Tuesday. My main goals were to properly and respectfully represent THP and Callaway Golf, have fun and make some friends.

Well, let’s start with my Cottage #10 suite mates:

@BuckNasty and @ccjimmy2001 , two guys from Joisey so you really had to screw up to not have a good time with them. Only played golf with Bucknasty-his tee shot on 17 is still killing me- but from hanging out, poker and eating together they are both +5 cappers in my book. Look forward to heading back to NJ to hanging with them again soon.

@pumbaa -my alternate shot partner. Given our opponents we had a slim chance to win but he kept on grinding away and his passion for the game and THP and work ethic to get better is very inspirational.

Cottage #9- The braintrusts/inspiration behind the Goat Cup-and the adults in the room.

@JB-what can I say-you are THP and THP is you. Big thanks for putting your heart and soul into making sure everything and every detail was just right for us Goat Cuppers. Now-if we only made some putts…we had more lip outs then made putts.

@JasonFinleyCG -El Capitan, our fearless leader. While we didn’t play together thank you for leading the troops and your words of encouragement down the stretch. More importantly thank you for your support of THP from all of us THP’ers. Awarding prizes to all of us just shows how classy and professional you and Callaway are.

@AT_CG - played against you all three matches, poker till 2 am, meals together. Outside of my wife this might be the second longest relationship i’ve been in. Grinding it out with you on the golf course the last day was a hell of a lot of fun. Got a little tired though of just seeing your backside as your drives were still in the air as they got to my ball. Loved talking life with you.

@Canadan Mr. THP podcast himself. Great to meet the man behind the mic himself. Enjoyed talking golf and gear with him-the man knows his stuff. Eagles, birdies-unfortunately I experienced them all first hand. If I could hit that piercing driving iron and those high soaring irons like you do I would quit my day job.

Lastly @GolferGal-just want to say I appreciate you and all of the work you did behind the scenes. Making sure 8 pain in the neck golfers are well taken care of is not easy-so a big hats off to you and all of you do.

Till the next experience…..

Wasn't able to follow this event live at all but, as usual, it didn't disappoint. Thanks to everyone for bringing us along. The pics and updates were so much appreciated. The fact that this is an Inaugural Event makes it that much more special. Can't wait to see this pop up again next year! :love:

All, wanted to make sure to follow up with everyone after The Goat Cup. What a great experience and couple days we had. Ballyhack was a great location for the event and a good golf course for the match play format. The food and accommodations were great and I love the idea of pulling onto property and never leaving. Think I may have gained a couple pounds between the Big Beef Experience and Big Lick Platter for breakfast!

To the THPers who took time from their busy lives to come out and spend some time with not only fellow THP brothers but @JB and @Canadan and a couple of working stiffs in @AT_CG and I. Personally, I always love being at these events and seeing the passion and energy for the game we all love but also hearing the feedback and questions we get - always makes for some interesting insight.

The matches were all fun and I love the competition and energy around it. While i always prefer to walk away as a winner and be able to talk about beating someone else, I truly think this outcome was great. Two great squads, all had a great time and had some good, dominating wins and also some comebacks - we all walk away winners. Really looking forward to getting my ring and getting it right next to the Belt and all my Cringe worthy THP accessories!

Hope everyone made it back home safely, you all know where to find me here and let me know if any questions.

Thanks to @JB and @GolferGal for putting together another great event and providing the home for the great THP family. And to the community who followed along as we all experienced this event, thanks for following along.

Now, onto some 2022 Grandaddy planning and working on the next W!

All, wanted to make sure to follow up with everyone after The Goat Cup. What a great experience and couple days we had. Ballyhack was a great location for the event and a good golf course for the match play format. The food and accommodations were great and I love the idea of pulling onto property and never leaving. Think I may have gained a couple pounds between the Big Beef Experience and Big Lick Platter for breakfast!

To the THPers who took time from their busy lives to come out and spend some time with not only fellow THP brothers but @JB and @Canadan and a couple of working stiffs in @AT_CG and I. Personally, I always love being at these events and seeing the passion and energy for the game we all love but also hearing the feedback and questions we get - always makes for some interesting insight.

The matches were all fun and I love the competition and energy around it. While i always prefer to walk away as a winner and be able to talk about beating someone else, I truly think this outcome was great. Two great squads, all had a great time and had some good, dominating wins and also some comebacks - we all walk away winners. Really looking forward to getting my ring and getting it right next to the Belt and all my Cringe worthy THP accessories!

Hope everyone made it back home safely, you all know where to find me here and let me know if any questions.

Thanks to @JB and @GolferGal for putting together another great event and providing the home for the great THP family. And to the community who followed along as we all experienced this event, thanks for following along.

Now, onto some 2022 Grandaddy planning and working on the next W!
Well said and thank you all you & Callaway Golf does for THP and golfers! It was a great follow from the outside and Ballyhack looked amazing!!!

@JasonFinleyCG It is amazing that with all of the things both on your plate (and Callaway's), that you choose to make time for yet another incredible event with regular golfers here at THP. This was an awesome follow from home. Thanks for spending the time, and it was so much fun to see you and Austin out on course living it up.

@JasonFinleyCG It is amazing that with all of the things both on your plate (and Callaway's), that you choose to make time for yet another incredible event with regular golfers here at THP. This was an awesome follow from home. Thanks for spending the time, and it was so much fun to see you and Austin out on course living it up.
Both @JasonFinleyCG and @AT_CG were awesome, of course Finley as my captain was cooler but Austin is an awesome guy and golfer. They answered a ton of questions too about what's new and coming up. Truly an awesome experience.

Great recaps guys!

A big thank you to @pumbaa for picking up a shirt and hat from Ballyhack! Also, thank you for the extras! Classy guy!
057CCB87-5B34-441C-88D0-ED715CEF353A.jpeg0A52D9D6-397B-4CDF-8FD3-DEF9C9501C9A.jpeg73D6D735-BE3B-4F20-BE5A-7E2C03AA0FC2.jpeg

Good to hear all the love for Ballyhack. It was so great to re read over a lot of this thread.

I need to see the ring setup everybody has.
@Canadan Finley and AT will all have theirs soon.

Are we not supposed to wear them to the office each day? It’s quite the power move slapping that thing down on a conference room table during team meetings

Are we not supposed to wear them to the office each day? It’s quite the power move slapping that thing down on a conference room table during team meetings
Then we definitely need to see that. Setup a video camera.

Great color combo on that shirt. (y)
I sent him about 45 pics of every pink combo of shirts they had :D. He wants the one folded into a triangle in a wooden crate, the only 1 in his size left so i grabbed it while we waited on a food order.

I sent him about 45 pics of every pink combo of shirts they had :D. He wants the one folded into a triangle in a wooden crate, the only 1 in his size left so i grabbed it while we waited on a food order.

I'm ready to follow The Goat Cup again, already. So good. 👊

Mine sits on my desk in front of me. I know you will just love the Funko and pin sitting on top. Also the cup is my go to now

PXL_20220824_190244009.jpg

Man these things are sick. Again thank you @GolferGal @JB @AT_CG @JasonFinleyCG and everyone else who made this possible. Not sure I will use any of them they are too nice.

PXL_20220824_202019766.jpg

Last edited:
Back