Looking For Testers: Callaway Epic Super Hybrid

A 24°. I mean, I would rather it replace my 4iron than a hybrid or fairway wood. It's an unforgiving club that goes just fine sometimes, but maybe some extra forgiveness there would change my game.

Just give me the performance and confidence to take a "much less than driver" and know I won't be a nautical mile away from the hole on my approach.

X flex

I’ve only got googley eyes 😍 for my cobra forged Tec hybrid right now but good luck all. Being a big hybrid fan, I will certainly be following along on your journey.

Not an entry: There are some beautiful hybrids out there. I would love to find one that worked past the tour level strikes I had at the fitting.

Last edited:
The club this would be replacing is my Taylormade SLDR S 4 hybrid, this club has always been a safe 200-220 yard option for me and I have found it easy to shape

the reason I want to test this club is because I am a very big gear nerd and all about new technology coming to the game of golf and My favorite thing about this club is how callaway packs all of their technology into this club and keeps it simple and the bold claims about the technology of a driver in a hybrid

the shaft flex of all of my clubs is stiff flex

1. Would want to try one of these in the 4 wood spot. Either 16° or 18°

2. I haven’t played a fairway this season as I don’t hit them as well as hybrids. This is intriguing.

3. Stiff or C stiff depending on the shaft.

Could use a 3h, have a Callaway Razr 4h in the Fl bag and a Adams 4-5-6h in the NC bag. This would be a fairway for me since I can't hit them. I'm only getting one round a week in so not sure that's enough.
Just in case, R or Senior shaft.

Currently in my bag I’m using a fairly outdated 4 hybrid which is the mizuno EZ which matches my 3 wood and driver. Currently get along with the driver and 3 wood but with the hybrid I often find a too low of a ball flight.
From reading the article and a few posts online I can understand that the hybrid is being designed more in line with a driver which is an interesting idea as it makes me think will I get more distance with it off the tee. Possibly giving that option in the bag when the driver isn’t behaving. Also the new jailbreak technology which I have heard so much about with the epic range of drivers.
Currently in my woods and hybrid I’m using a regular flex. But think my swing speed is breaking into the stiff category.

Good luck everyone.

This would replace my Ping 5 wood.
Really intrigued by the driver technology in a hybrid.
Regular flex, please.

1. Either my cobra speed zone 5wood or tour edge 2 hybrid.
2. The extra distance... when I play 6700 yards I'm usually in that long range on a few par 4s where this could be a huge help.
3. Stiff

This would be replacing my current TaylorMade M2 Hybrid.

I am able to get up to my club daily to put it through its paces on the range and on course. Have the ability to use it off the tee and on approach shots. I have the Epic Max LS Driver and Epic FW, I loved the Epic Hybrid and never bought one so I'm really intrigued by this as it's getting time to get a new hybrid. I love my Callaway gear and what they have been doing for the last few years.

XStiff is my shaft flex.

thank you for the opportunity!

What an opportunity! Thanks THP and Callaway!

1. This would be replacing the spot in my bag currently occupied by a Cobra Speedzone 4i that I use as a driving iron.
2. All the tech Callaway has to offer, in a hybrid package :oops: Sounds like a club that can be versatile and long, which would be great for anyone to have in the bag. Would love to see if this could become a reliable club off the tee for me, for those tight courses where accuracy, and distance, are key.
3. Shaft Flex is Stiff.

Keep them coming! 👀

This would be replacing my Apex 4 hybrid. Curious to see how is matches up to their fairway wood like they claim. I play a regular flex.

This would be replacing my Sim hybrid. I got fitted for the new Callaway Epic Max LS but TM Sim woods/hybrid as I hit those 30 yards further. Would be nice to see if this matches more to the driver.
2. Getting all that AI tech into something so small.
3. What is your shaft flex? Xstiff or stiff

I presently use a cobra h-3, and taylormade sim max h-5. Would like to evaluate the new cobra hybrid...

1. Replacing Cobra Baffler 3R

2. seems forgiving, need an upgrade on a 10 year old hybrid.

3. Stiff

It would be replacing an Epic Max 5w that I’ve just sold cause it spun up too much and I think there’s a better alternative.
The A.I. face with FW matching ball speeds sounds like an absolute treat.
I play a stiff flex.

This thing looks incredible. The range of loft options is a huge bonus for it too.

1. I would debate to replace my 3 wood with this, depending on how good it is! I also have a 3 iron that I could swap out, all depends on the yardage I could get with this off the tee.

2. The forgiveness and speed off the face are awesome. I haven’t played a hybrid in the bag for a few years now, so I’m sure the technology is lightyears better than anything I’ve used previously.

3. Extra Stiff

1. This would be replacing my 3H Callaway x-hot 2 (love this club)
2. With a price tag to to match a driver im curious to see the improvement over the xhot model I currently play. I have yet to test any jail break models.
3. Stiff

I would love to try this new hybrid! I currently carry a Ping G400 3 hybrid with an x-stiff shaft...I dont have a fairway wood, and have been considering adding one, this may be the club I need. I haven't had the opportunity to be a tester yet, and would love the chance. I think I would need a stiff shaft in this hybrid. Thanks for the chance.

1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing? SIM2 MAX 3h or Wilson fybrid 5W
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? (seriously read it, its good). Sounds like the Epic may reduce my left misses
3. What is your shaft flex? Stiff

1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing? It would replace the original 17* super hybrid. That club basically replaces a 4 wood, sitting between a mini driver and a 3h
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? (seriously read it, its good) Seems they've packed even more tech into it, and ideally that club is as long as possible so I don't have tonhit mini driver off the deck
3. What is your shaft flex? Stiff

1. I would be replacing my 19 degree Taylormade RBZ Hybrid that I swear I said I wouldn't replace unless something better came along. If it's adjustable I would even consider taking my 3 wood out and just having a 17 degree club that launches!

2. I want to test it because the jailbreak technology has proven to be very good, it's a very intriguing club. It looks like something that would go far for me. A club to rely on when the driver isn't behaving.

3. What is your shaft flex? Stiff flex please.

Back