Looking For Testers: Callaway JAWS Full Toe Wedges

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 9022590

How to Signup
1. What wedges are you using right now?-- Kirkland 52/56/60
2. Tell us what makes you want to test them?-- I liked the PM Grind but felt that they had a bit too much offset. Loved the look and feel of the JAWS, but wanted a full face for my next set of wedges. These have a blend of both and are from my favorite brand :D
3. What is your favorite loft in wedges?-- 50-54-58

SO Excited for these wedges. Do they test in the black finish?

1. What wedges are you using right now? Ben Hogan Equalizer 50 & 56
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? The potential of having extra spin on partial shots is intriguing. Would love to have the ability to stop the ball where intended on partial shots instead of playing for the added roll out.
3. What is your favorite loft in wedges? 56

1. Currently using Taylormade HI-Toe Wedges, 54 and 59 degrees.
2. The piece about less offset and a straighter leading edge is intriguing. Being able to confidently use the wedge on full shots is a must for me.
3. Favorite loft is 54, my sand wedge gets the majority of work from 100 yards and in.

1. What wedges are you using right now?
The Cobra MiM wedges in 50/54/58
I mix in the TM Hi toe in 58 from time to time

2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them?
The Raw Face Chrome/the unique groove design/ the reported feel of these wedges

3. What is your favorite loft in wedges?
54* is my go to around the green and almost all approach shots within 100 yards

• Jaws MD5 52° S-Grind
  • MD4 56° W-Grind
  • Jaws MD5 60° X-Grind
  • I'm most interested in the new CG weighting and how it will affect performance. I'll also be doing a head to head comparison with the Jaws MD5 and the MD4.
  • 56° is the loft I gravitate towards the most because of its versatility.

1. Callaway Mack Daddy 4 - 52°, 56° & 60°
2. The "spin machine" grabbed my attention. It's part of my short game that needs more consistancy and these look like clubs to help in that respect.
3. My 56° has been my go to

That raw black finish looks incredible.
Thanks for the chance

1. What wedges are you using right now?-- BH Equalizer 50/54/58
2. Tell us what makes you want to test them?-- Anything referred to as a "spin machine" has my undivided interest and attention.
3. What is your favorite loft in wedges?-- I'll go 58*. I find myself reaching for that club for anything from 5-70 yards from the green and out of the bunker. Might not be the wisest choice but I'm just more comfortable with that club than my other wedges.

I currently play MD5s

The full toe is the most interesting part of these wedges for me. The added surface area makes intrigued to see how much more versatile they are, and how how much more creative I can be.

My 54.12w is my favorite wedge.

I currently have standard Jaws wedges in 48, 54, and 60 degrees

2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? Since I already have the standard Jaws, I would like to compare them with the new full toe one to see if I get even better spin and green control. I’m a big fan of my current Jaws wedges and feel that I can offer a unique perspective given that I am also a female golfer.

My favorite is my 60 because I love being able to easily use the loft to get out of bunkers.

Currently Vokey-52,56,60

I consider myself very good at getting back spin on my wedges and making consistently great bunker shots. I’d like to see how they perform in both aspects

Favorite loft is 56

I’m using the Cobra King MIM in 54 and 58.

I want to test the Jaws Full Toe Wedges because they were referred to as a “spin machine” with increased spin on partial shots. Since those are the type of shots that I would utilize these wedges for, the increased spin would be helpful for my game.

54 is my favorite loft in wedges.

What wedges are you using right now?
Jaws 56° W-Grind shaft +2
Jaws MD5 60° X-Grind shaft +2

Tell us what makes you want to test them?

The new design is very appealing to my eyes, very important as I tend to hit the ball better add the fact I am familiar and use Callaway wedges.

What is your favorite loft in wedges?

60 is the loft
Versatility is the key with 60* I can use it for all my shots inside 70 yards. The one club that I can always depend on.

Good luck to all.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Currently using MD5 Jaws 54/60.
I'm interested to try them and see the next evolution of Jaws and the full face. They look great and the MD5s are fantastic.
My wedges are 50.5/54/60 I'd LOVE to slide right in and have a 52 and a 58 that I could move in and out of my bag w my current wedges.

Great opportunity!

2019 PM Grind in 54 and 58

2. What makes you want to test them?
I've really enjoy my PM Grind wedges, but have been struggling with anything over 1/2 strength shots. They're great around the green and for touch shots, but when I want to put a little more on them, it's been hit or miss.

54 degree. That's the loft I'd be doing the 3/4 (and even sometimes full swings with). But, I'd still be using for various shots around the green.

I'm currently using the Callaway PM Grind 58° and Mack Daddy CB Full Toe 54°.
My only gripe, if there is one, is about the PM Grind 58° not integrating visually with my set. The write-up states that there is going to be a seamless transition so I'm excited to see that.
As stated above, I go 54 and 58. My favorite is the 54 because I can use it on a full 115 yard shot, chips, and bunker shots. I use it exclusively around the greens.

Cleveland RTX ZipCore 54° & 58°
The Design making it easier on Full Shots than a PM Grind.
54°

1. What wedges are you using right now? Right now I have some older wedges in the bag until I can get newer release wedges. These had a lot less where than my MD 5 Jaws that I just took out of the bag. I have Hopkins CJ1 in 52° and 60° and a Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 56°.
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? Full face grooves and the strighter leading edge has me excited.
3. What is your favorite loft in wedges? Kind of a toss up between a 56 and a 60, but I think the 60 wins out.

Mizuno
The full toe. That and the “help” with a full shot. Hitting off of weird lies, any help with that would be huge. And the potential for a “full” shot from close in...
Thank you for the opportunity.

How to Signup
Comment below and answer these 3 questions.

1. I'm currently using Mizuno T20 wedges in 54/12 and 58/8 degrees of loft.
2. I had a PM Grind wedge previously and actually quite liked it, and I like the grooves extending to the end of the face. For shorter chip or pitch shots, I find myself favoring the toe strike slightly.
3. 54 easily gets used more. It's versatile and can also be used for some full shots. However, I'd like to start using my 58 more particularly when I don't want too much roll out.

1. Right now I’m playing some old TaylorMade Hi-Toe wedges and a 60 degree wilson wedge that barely have grooves.
2. For me? That grind within a grind looks the best for me. I’ve been working on trying to get more spin and based on your preview and other youtube channels I’m VERY curious about these
3. 56 degree.

- Currently using TM HiToes 50*, 56*, 60*. Loved the MD3's I gamed for a couple years but got drawn in by the raw full grooved face so went to TM. Just couldn't look at the PM grind.
- Callaway's always made my favorite wedges in terms of feel, but wanted a raw face and full faced grooves. Look forward to test if it still feels great with the added benefits out of thick rough and sand.
- 56* with the right bounce and grind can be used for almost any shot you need to execute.

Good luck to everyone who enters!

1. What wedges are you using right now? Vokey SM8

2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? The refined shaping of the wedge and the toe grooves.

3. What is your favorite loft in wedges? 58 has become my new favorite.

Very cool, thanks for doing this! Regardless if I win or not, Im super interested to hear what the reviewers say about their experience with these wedges. I have been looking at these the past couple months but haven't pulled the trigger. Love the look of them!

1. Excluding the pitching wedge with my set of irons, I only have and have only ever had 1 wedge. I have a 60-degree Cleveland 588 REG Tour Action.
2. I am interested in seeing the Spin control that these have. When I am inside 100-yards, I am usually wanting & expecting the ball to check and have a bit of backspin when I hit the green. I would like to see how these perform in that!
3. I like my 60-degree wedge but it is all I've ever know. I am most interested in a 56-degree. I have a large gap in my bag and so a 56 would be a nice benefit for my game to avoid either muscling my 60-degree or having fractional swings with my pitching wedge.

1. I am currently using a mix of PXG (P,G), Ping Zing 2 (S), and Vokey (58).
2. Would be interested to see how the full face improves the dreaded greenside pop shots.
3. I love the versatility of a 54* wedge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back