Looking For Testers: Cleveland CBX Wedges

I love that these are considered GI wedges. Something I have been looking for in a long time, as I am constantly trying to find the perfect wedge for me. Love the V-sole's!!

Done. The improved contact and improved spin sounds like just what I need. Plus I like how the CBX's are not just focused on rough or sand, but more of a design to be utilized in all short game shots.I have cavity back irons already, and I do struggle hitting traditional wedges. I can consistently hit hit the cavity back P wedge that came with my iron set so much better than my other wedges. I would expect the CBX's to really help my short game.

Awesome. Love the V sole of the club. Feel Balancing Tech to move the CG to the center of the face giving it more consistency across the entire face is what I need. And who doesn’t want more meat in the bunkers

I'm set for wedges but this will be interesting to see the results for those chosen. Good luck everyone!

This wedge is really fascinating to me for many reasons. First, it's a great concept that is hard to believe no one else has thought of it before. Two, it's a "game improvement wedge" but still had the rotex from the players club line. Lastly, the v-sole should really make this club more versatile on all shots.

This wedge is fantastic. Can't wait to hear more THPers' feedback.

The V-Sole and Feel Balancing Technology sound perfect to me. I'd love to get these wedges out, especially if I could compare a 54* to the new MDF I just bought a few weeks ago.

Thanks, THP and Cleveland!

We are going to keep this one open till tomorrow and then shipping some wedges.

Done!

The forgiveness across the face really seems like it would help me out. I like to full swing my wedges and any forgiveness would obviously be beneficial to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that this is a game improvement wedge but also still performs like a blade style wedge is amazing. Being able to hit the ball across more of the face and still have good shots would help my wedge game significantly.

Done and done. I've been hearing a lot of chatter about these wedges and the sole intrigues me along with moving the cg more center. I did not know it was more towards the heal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think what Cleveland's CBX wedges has to offer is pretty exciting. As John mentioned, these are true game improvement irons with a cavity back for more forgiveness to help make the dreaded 100 yard and in game easier for us hackers. Love how they incorporated technology from the RTX3 such as the rotex face patterns, zip grooves, and micro milling to add more spin. Also, adding a wider v sole for better consistent contact and making a narrower heel for versatility. Having the CG closer to center to make it more consistent across the face will help improve my contact, as I usually tend to toe my wedge shots. All of these technologies will hopefully benefit my short game by making it more easier and forgiving and letting the technology in the club do the work.

Thank you THP and Cleveland for this awesome opportunity!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think what Cleveland's CBX wedges has to offer is pretty exciting. As John mentioned, these are true game improvement irons with a cavity back for more forgiveness to help make the dreaded 100 yard and in game easier for us hackers. Love how they incorporated technology from the RTX3 such as the rotex face patterns, zip grooves, and micro milling to add more spin. Also, adding a wider v sole for better consistent contact and making a narrower heel for versatility. Having the CG closer to center to make it more consistent across the face will help improve my contact, as I usually tend to toe my wedge shots. All of these technologies will hopefully benefit my short game by making it more easier and forgiving and letting the technology in the club do the work.

Thank you THP and Cleveland for this awesome opportunity!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I agree with you about the cg. I didn't know this about it being closer to the heal normally and now I'm gonna be thinking about it lol

For a high handicap golfer, forgiveness is the name of my game. Currently play a Cleveland 53 and 60 degree; while I love these wedges, consistency is still a struggle. So excited for an opportunity to try these out. Beautiful design!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Done and done.
Would love the opportunity to test these out. I could use a wedge that will give me some added help while in a green side bunker. Having some added forgiveness along with the v-sole, sounds like a winner to me

I am a 9 handicap golfer who struggles hitting the sweet spot on my wedges. After seeing John explain their wedges they sound like the perfect wedges to help a golfer like me lower their handicap from a 9 to who knows how low. Would love to give these wedges a review!

I'd love to try these out. Forgiveness plus spin sounds ideal! A lot of my mistakes in the short game come from hitting a little low on the face or a little heavy. Having a more forgiving face and larger sole might help with these so I'd love to put these through a thorough review!

Last edited:
With a handicap of around 20, the forgiveness of this wedge is what I'd most need. I catch too many wedge shots a groove or two low or high and struggle with that

Pretty amazing opportunity here.
Finally got to play a round today and realized that I had no confidence in my wedges below my pitching wedge. Got my to thinking about finally looking at new wedges, then I get in here and see the video. Sounds like I need to look into these.

The feature that I'm most interested in is the ability to blend the profile into something similar to what I'm playing in my irons, without giving up the spin/sole design that you get in the Cleveland wedge lines. I'm also really intrigued by the heel-toe V for versatility as well.

Really interested in trying a wedge that actually has the cg more to the toe. Wonder if a side effect is less $hanks. Would be tempted to see how the DG Spinner shafts get along with these wedges.

These wedges and that video really have me thinking about my wedge game. Lol

Wanted to save my 2000th post for accepting my GrandDaddy invite, fingers crossed and thanks for getting me to balls in the hopper OITW. But at the same time I have been lusting after these irons since THP started dropping info on them.

These are exactly what I have been searching for. Spin, from the milling, and forgiveness in the GI category. I have tried the MD2, RTX2, MD3, and RTX3 in the past and while they are all equally pretty good for me around the greens as soon as I have to put a full or 3/4 swing it becomes apparent that my game is Cleveland's target for these wedges. The V sole really gets me going as it seems to be what I need in an iron. I'm not a huge digit taker and imagine the V sole will fit right in with my swing of sweeping through the grass as I make contact.

I currently go PW, AW and SW from the XR line as even though I'm giving up the laser milled created spin I'm gaining that forgiveness that a GI iron gives me. Put me 15 yards and in with the MD forged and I'm good but much further than that and I'm a hack. It's beyond frustrating to be 50 yards from the green, swing the set SW, hit the green and watch it roll out well beyond what I wanted.

Thank you cleveland for answering my wants and putting forgiveness AND spin together in a club. Also thanks to THP for giving me the opportunity to hopefully test these out and report back to the forum if they truly live up to their claims.

The forgiveness of this club sounds perfect for me as well as being able to hit out of the rough a little easier since I deal with a lot of green side chips and pitches

Back