Looking For Testers: Cleveland CBX Wedges

Review Cleveland CBX Wedge.

Review Cleveland CBX Wedge.

New wedge line from Cleveland Golf is a different type of design. THPers were some of the first in the country to get their hands on them at the THP Event with Cleveland Golf a couple of weeks ago. Now, we are going to put them in some more hands of members of this community.

CBX%20Testers-L.jpg

Want to test some out? We have a number of them to ship out for review and when the review period is up, you get to keep the wedges.

1. Watch the new video located on the THP TV YouTube Channel
2. Subscribe to THP TV on YouTube
3. Leave a comment on the YouTube Channel page and in this thread with what features John Rae mentions that sound perfect for you.

Good luck everybody.
Watch the whole video

Never thought of Wedges requiring Game Improvement Technology. I currently play a 52 degree Cleveland 2.0 RTX and a newer 3.0 RTX 56 degree. Bringing CG more to the centre intrigues me as i feel i do not get enough distance. Perhaps this could solve it !

Not too much longer and then we will get some wedges out to people.

I like the idea of the forgiveness of the cavity back iron with the feel and spin of the muscle back wedges. I think this would be an awesome addition to my bag in a 52 and 56 degree wedge. Especially my 52 degree gap wedge where I tend to have some inconsistency. The playability out of the rough is a nice plus

Would love to try out this wedge. As much as I think I am a good golfer I am part of the 84% that needs a game improvement club. The fact that it has the Rote face is icing on the cake.

Dual V sole is a great idea as it moves the center of gravity towards the center of the club face, while retaining the versatility to open the face if needed.
I probably need the forgiveness too!

Man I would absolutely love to try the new 50 degree out. I have the RTX 2.0 in 50/56/60. I think the 50 CBX would suit my full shot needs from roughly ~100 very nicely. Full swing forgiveness.

Last edited:
Not too much longer and then we will get some wedges out to people.
Crazy to think how many CBX Wedges THP is putting into play before they even hit shelves. THP bringing you the equipment before anyone else, so cool!

They look cool, but the centered CG is what makes the latest gen wedges work better. It's a night and day difference for me and I'm never looking back.

Crazy to think how many CBX Wedges THP is putting into play before they even hit shelves. THP bringing you the equipment before anyone else, so cool!

yes sir. That was the plan.

They look cool, but the centered CG is what makes the latest gen wedges work better. It's a night and day difference for me and I'm never looking back.

Not sure I understand. As mentioned in the video with their R&D, these feature that as well as their other lines.

I'm in !! Great video........I've always been a big Cleveland fan and have been looking to replace my gap wedge for some time now, and the cavity back forgiveness seems right up my alley since I've never been a great striker of the ball!! Would love to give that 4 way sole grind a try!! Thanks for the opportunity!

Back