Looking For Testers: Edel SMS Wedges

1. What wedges are you using right now? TaylorMade milled grind 50° and 54°
2. Watch the video below and tell us your favorite feature of the Edel SMS wedges. Concept of adjustable weighting. My 50 and 4 have different swing weight and bounce.
3. What is your favorite loft in wedges? 50° is my go to for 100 yards and in including pitching and chipping.

I just started playing this past year, but I have an awesome set of pro shaft irons and wedges by Wilson that I got from a thrift store! I really like the way you can customize the club and change the weight. The clubs I use now don’t have that feature. Lefty clubs are hard to find so I can’t be too picky. I played a ton my first season. Definitely happy with my progress! The 58* wedge is awesome for me it’s a perfect in between club for right around the green!

Last edited:
Currently, I am using a Callaway Jaws 56 degree S grind wedge, Callaway Mack Daddy 50 degree wedge, a Cleveland RTX 60 degree lob wedge.

I really like the adjustability of the wedge, being able to move weighting to accommodate the player.

My favorite club to use would be my 60 degree lob wedge, though I really enjoy anything from 50 to 64 degrees. My favorite clubs to hit are the wedges for sure.i l would love to try one of those beautiful looking wedges! Thanks!

1. What wedges are you using right now? - Apex CF 16/Pro Combo set 45° & 50°, Titleist SM7 54.14 F grind, TM Hi-Toe 58.10 4 way sole.
2. Watch the video below and tell us your favorite feature of the Edel SMS wedges. I’m steep, so the grind options are what stood out.
3. What is your favorite loft in wedges? My 54°!

Last edited:
1. What wedges are you using right now? Callaway Mack Daddy 4, 52°, 56° & 60°
2. Watch the video and tell us your favorite feature of the Edel SMS wedges.: The adjustable weights definitely get my vote.
3. What is your favorite lost in wedges? The 56° I have the most confidence in. From 100 yds in, it's my go to.

I'm new to the site but not new to the golf world. It's exciting for a chance to possibly test out a few set with an interesting features and a great look to them.
Thanks for the chance.

1. What wedges are you using right now?
Cleveland CBX2 - 50, 54, 58

2. Watch the video below and tell us your favorite feature of the Edel SMS wedges.
The adjustability is like nothing I've ever seen. Love that I can micro-adjust the weighting to dial in accuracy!

3. What is your favorite loft in wedges?
50-54-58

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

1. What wedges are you using right now? Vokey SM7 54.10 F grind, SM6 50.08 and Callaway Jaws 58 W 8 bounce
2. Watch the video below and tell us your favorite feature of the Edel SMS wedges. Weight system and versatility of bounce
1. dial in feel
3. What is your favorite loft in wedges? 58

Bryan

OG PM Grinds 53° & 60°.

Like the looks of the Edel and would like to try the SMS weighting. Too bad the four grinds were not explained.

Has to be the 53°, 'cause if I'm pulling out the 60°, it's 99% some kind of trouble.

Cleveland 588 rotex 2.0 - 50,54,62 (righty)

2. Watch the video below and tell us your favorite feature of the Edel SMS wedges.

The adjustability alone is huge for a tinkerer like me. The effect of movable weights on the flight is magnified on drivers and hybrids (and helps with putter MOI), but I'm skeptical of its effect on wedges other than feel (which alone is reason enough to try it) I'm also a numbers guy and I'm not convinced that the data in the video is legit due to the extremely small sample :) So, this has me really curious.

62/64 - love the lob

Thank you Edel and THP for this opportunity.

C300 Forged Gap, Cleveland CBX2 54/12, Cleveland CBX2 58/10
The swing match weighting. Being a sweeper, I'm interested in seeing if I am part of the 44% that improves their accuracy by placing the 8g weight towards the toe.
58. I use it for everything from full swing approach shots to touch shots around the green.

First of all, I hadn't watched the full review before this, and I want to say I really liked the video with Dan and disembodied voice aka Koske :p It really did an awesome job of explaining the weighting system and how it could benefit different swing types.

Currently playing Cleveland RTX3's, CB 50*-10* V-MG and MB 54*-11* V-MG and 60*-9* V-MG.
Like many others have said, the swing match weighting. I'm really intrigued to see what a heel position does for me to help come through squarer - my miss is a tendency to leave the face a little open/fanned with a wedge, which leads to a short, right miss.
My most used wedge is my 54*. It gets used for probably 60% of my chips, as well as for most sand shots as well as full shots in the 80-95 yard range.

First of all, I hadn't watched the full review before this, and I want to say I really liked the video with Dan and disembodied voice aka Koske :p It really did an awesome job of explaining the weighting system and how it could benefit different swing types.

Currently playing Cleveland RTX3's, CB 50*-10* V-MG and MB 54*-11* V-MG and 60*-9* V-MG.
Like many others have said, the swing match weighting. I'm really intrigued to see what a heel position does for me to help come through squarer - my miss is a tendency to leave the face a little open/fanned with a wedge, which leads to a short, right miss.
My most used wedge is my 54*. It gets used for probably 60% of my chips, as well as for most sand shots as well as full shots in the 80-95 yard range.

Testers were announced this morning.

Testers were announced this morning.

Had the post in draft status and before I finished looks like it got posted. No worries, congrats to the testers!

Back