Looking to play with THPers while in Raleigh/Pinehurst

I didn't take too many pictures but this place is awesome. PXL_20240210_180545781.jpgPXL_20240210_180341879.jpg

We had a fun round today in great weather. I didn't grab a whole lot of pictures and only one video, but there were some really good shots and some really bad shots today. I still cannot get over how high @Jeff Spicoli hits his ball compared to me. @Carolina Dundee and @BuffaloPlunger and I all seemed to hit close to the same distance on many holes with totally different methods of getting there!

I hope @BuffaloPlunger, @will and @Keith Prater have rain-free rounds tomorrow morning.

@pumbaa, I am glad your shoulder loosened up a few holes in and I am happy @Nick Kane didn't kill the kid with his tee shot!
@Jeff Spicoli He does tend to both launch and move it. Fun to watch, not fun to be against

I have an android phone and this morning I got a "Sylized" version of one from Tobacco Road that I liked.

Attachments

• 20240209_144338-EFFECTS.jpg
    20240209_144338-EFFECTS.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 2
@Jeff Spicoli the position here, wish my Back would let me do that.Screenshot_20240211_051431_Chrome.jpg

Couldn’t take pics of the first few holes because of rain but my god what a course #2 is!IMG_5471.jpegIMG_5475.jpegIMG_5478.jpegIMG_5480.jpegIMG_5482.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5484.jpeg
    IMG_5484.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1
How did you shoot?
92. I was really happy with that considering I doubled 4 of the first 5 holes. Then I had a little swing epiphany😂

92. I was really happy with that considering I doubled 4 of the first 5 holes. Then I had a little swing epiphany😂
That's such a good feeling... "Oh yea, I member this".

Southern Pines was incredibly fun. It rained early, but ended up being a great day. @will and I coined a phrase that we’ve realized we say too much when hitting into a Donald Ross green, “It gonna stay up?”
IMG_7247.jpegIMG_7259.jpegIMG_7256.jpeg

Southern Pines was incredibly fun. It rained early, but ended up being a great day. @will and I coined a phrase that we’ve realized we say too much when hitting into a Donald Ross green, “It gonna stay up?”
Yeah, it's known as a GVIR (Green Visited in Regulation). And when it doesn't stay, "You got Ross'd".

Easy to do if you’re just a hair off. It’s an 18 hole chess match and one wrong move as you see means you’re dead meat.

Fun course isn’t it lol

Easy to do if you’re just a hair off. It’s an 18 hole chess match and one wrong move as you see means you’re dead meat.

Fun course isn’t it lol
It was a ton of fun. Honestly the doubles, outside of maybe one, weren’t even from a bad approach or chips. I lost 3 balls through the first 5 because I had a nasty hook pull with driver. 2 went into someone’s yard and 1 probably should have been found but we couldn’t locate it

It was a ton of fun. Honestly the doubles, outside of maybe one, weren’t even from a bad approach or chips. I lost 3 balls through the first 5 because I had a nasty hook pull with driver. 2 went into someone’s yard and 1 probably should have been found but we couldn’t locate it
Oh no, left’s the one direction you can’t it the first 4 holes!

Yeah, it's known as a GVIR (Green Visited in Regulation). And when it doesn't stay, "You got Ross'd".
Donald Ross is a sadist. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It seemed like the response after every shot that hit the green was "is it gonna stay?" lol

It was ridiculously fun though, trying to figure that course out. People that skip that course because it's short, don't know what they're missing out on.

Back