Loyalty to a Brand

Coming in late here...I just came off the Grandaddy so my perspective is possible skewed. I will have a hard time looking at anything other than Callaway for a long time, primarily due to the people and relationships. I'm intrigued by other equipment and love gear but the experience in California took equipment I already liked, and games in some cases, and married it to fantastic interactions with the people behind the brand. I know great people exist behind all great brands but these are the ones I know. I'm not particularly loyal on ball brand, but I do look at Callaway first when I go in the store.

Will I ever change? I think it would be more impactful if I were maybe 20 years younger and the player I was then. The gear works for me and I will use it until it doesn't perform with my swing or future limitations...and even then, Callaway gets the first look.

It is just gear, I can make bogies with anything...the people behind the gear matter more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thats a good phrase, the people behind the gear... and I also second what shred said!

I have gravitated to one brand now(Callaway), just because of what ive seen on here and i talk to a Callaway guy. I would have no problem trying other manufacturers equipment and reviewing it but i cant say i wouldn't go back to Callaway though.

I have to echo T4K's sentiment. I experienced it with Wilson Staff and have seen it on display in threads detailing events hosted by Callaway, Cleveland, Ben Hogan, Cobra, UST and True Temper (and there are more that I'm probably blanking on right now). These folks are passionate about their jobs and love taking the time to interact with THP. If you left the event without bumping up "experience with a manufacturer" to at or near the very top of your list, I'd be floored.

I hope I get the chance to prove you right. I haven't been around THP long enough to really understand everything that goes on at these events. I can certainly see how developing a rapport and bond with representatives from a manufacturer could instill some loyalty toward their products.

I hope I get the chance to prove you right. I haven't been around THP long enough to really understand everything that goes on at these events. I can certainly see how developing a rapport and bond with representatives from a manufacturer could instill some loyalty toward their products.

If you choose, check out the Grandaddy Recap thread or live update thread. Both really suck you in and make you feel like you are there.

Of course I could do it. I would do it without batting an eye. We as Hackers aren't under contract so there is nothing holding us back from playing other gear. Sometimes you have to play new gear from other OEMs....you do if you want to be part of some THP events

I do not have brand loyalty when it comes to golf, but I have brands that I look at before others. When it comes to equipment I am always open to new things, I want the best equipment for "my" game. I need equipment that allows for a lot of confidence throughout the course.

Loyalty to a Brand

I have had time to think about this response. Pertaining specifically to THP, I think a lot of brand loyalty comes from events or experiences members have had with companies. And that plays a huge role. And would definitely play a huge role in this case. Now let's say a THP member has never been to THP event there brand loyalty may be going to be where ever there heart fancies and whatever they want to spend their money on.

For me personally I like a lot of different companies. I mean I just switched entire srixon bag to an entire w/s bag. But I am bit of a W/S Homer. So that's really not a shocker. But let's say I get into a THP event and Titleist is the sponsor. I haven't had a titleist of tclub in the bag in years. But if the requirements were to review and keep the equipment in the bag for an "X" period of time, I would absolutely do that as responsibility not only to THP, the members but to Titleist as well. I'll take it one step further and put an event like the granddaddy out there. I completely understand why past members of the granddaddy are loyal to Callaway and I would 100% be as well if I was lucky/fortunate enough to attend that event. No knock quarrels there. That can be said for any company though. If "x" company went out of the way to give me a "tour level experience", to me that's the fulfillment of the ultimate pipe dream for most of us amateur golfers and would have some sort of loyalty and respect for that company regardless of who they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll preface by saying I've never been overly brand loyal (can't afford to be lol), though most of my clubs have ended up Nike so could argue otherwise.

If I were ever given a full bag of stuff by somebody, I think it would make me extremely loyal to that brand in the future. But, if given a second opportunity with a different brand, I would have no problem gaming the new sticks for the rest of the season. I would be honest (though when given a full set immediately not 100% unbiased anymore) and thoroughly test, and then after that season I would probably go back to the original sticks or brand unless something from the new brand blew me away.

I admit I am very loyal to Wilson Staff. When I found THP I was just out of a job and I enjoyed the various threads.It was a stress reducer. I grew up in golf with Wilson but the feeling here at the time was that W/S a Walmart type brand. I keep looking at their new product online and it conflicted with the Walmart sentiment. Then I met some of their folks at various demo days and I knew they were on the right track. Also they appeared to be ok if it took some time to become relative again.
It seems they are there or very close. I like their products their story and their people.

It would be a very difficult decision for me. It took a lot for more to move away from Ping to Callaway and it might be even tougher to consider anything else given how well the Callaway equipment performs for me. Right now, for example, I am just anxiously awaiting the new driver that all the guys got fit with at the Grandaddy.

I use to be a Ping homer and then got into sites like this and it opened my eyes to the plethora of solid clubs out there. At this point I have no brand loyalty or nothing I won't try. If it performs I will play that club.

Back