Machspeed X vs Burner 2.0 Irons

Grod

Reaction score
Handicap
I am new to the site and I have probably read every review that exists online for each of these iron sets because I am looking to buy a new set for my birthday next month. I can't seem to come to a conclusion about which one I want to buy. I have been playing golf for about 1-2 years only played one full round the rest of the time I have worked to improve my swing at least twice a week on the range
I am basically looking for opinions from those who have tried or played with both sets on which would be better for a set that could last at least a few years

Both could last many years.
Both are similar in feel and performance.
Get fit for the right basics such as lie, length and shaft and buy the one that fits your wallet better.

JB makes some great points Grod, also welcome to THP.

I am currently using the Burner 2.0 HP, and I also used the Burner 1.0 for a while and I loved them alot. First off they look great and although they are GI irons, they aren't as bulky as they could be. The stock shafts are pretty decent if you can't get a shaft fitting and I have really found the Burner 2.0s to be really forgiving. They have just enough offset to help me out and I can get some really consistent shots with them. I've noticed that the black burner 2.0 lose the black finish after a while and the HP more metally finish don't have that problem but scratch up a bit. Most pro shops have the 2.0s for about $400 or less so hopefully you can find a great deal

I got a fitting for lie, length etc and it made a big difference in my ball striking and I consistently hit in the middle of the face now, most places do this for free or cheap when you buy clubs from them since it's relatively easy to do

cheers

Uriel

I've tried the burner 2.0s, weren't for me. Haven't tried toe nike though.

Id go and get a fitting, try every single option available to you and then decide from there based on the results

Welcome to THP. I echo the other comments. Try as many different clubs as you can. Get fitted. The fitter may actually suggest different clubs that you may have not thought of. As was said above, the cost of the fitting, and the refinement of the clubs to you and your swing usually are included in the costs of the clubs.

thanks for all your input, i have demoed both and i enjoy the feel and looks of the burners and that is what i will most likely get I will follow up once i purchase and play a round or two

I think you made a solid choice with the burner 2.0's Grod. They are sturdy irons that give sweeeeet distance. Looking forward to your updates.

thanks for all your input, i have demoed both and i enjoy the feel and looks of the burners and that is what i will most likely get I will follow up once i purchase and play a round or two

awesome choice, which ones are you going to get,

the HP-my favorite-

8069636088_41496b8dee.jpg

8069636566_1d962747b8.jpg

or the black ones from 2011?

6a00d8341caaef53ef0133f40fd49c970b-800wi

I ended up getting the ones with the black finish, simply for the fact i just have a thing with liking all my gadgets in black, I am probably going to get them next month as a gift for my 21st.

A simple question when i buy the set from the store and i do the club fitting, are the clubs with my specs going to need to be custom ordered or will I get them the day of my purchase

I ended up getting the ones with the black finish, simply for the fact i just have a thing with liking all my gadgets in black, I am probably going to get them next month as a gift for my 21st.

A simple question when i buy the set from the store and i do the club fitting, are the clubs with my specs going to need to be custom ordered or will I get them the day of my purchase

Unless you fit into standard length and lie and whatever shaft flex they have in the store, they'll have to be custom ordered. Taylormade, in my experience, is pretty snappy with custom orders though so you should have them fairly quickly.

I would hate to actually go buy them and then have to wait like another two weeks before i can actually use them

I would hate to actually go buy them and then have to wait like another two weeks before i can actually use them

I understand. However I would argue that it's better to wait 2 weeks or less and play better golf over the course of owning the irons (potential 10 years say) then get two weeks of extra play out of them (again say over 10 years. Or even 2 years) and not play as well as you could.

What if i went teh route of getting the clubs from a friend or a place like ebay how would I go about getting a club fitting , I know Places can do it for a fee since I didn't buy the clubs from them but for example would they send them in to have the long shafts put in

What if i went teh route of getting the clubs from a friend or a place like ebay how would I go about getting a club fitting , I know Places can do it for a fee since I didn't buy the clubs from them but for example would they send them in to have the long shafts put in

You can just walk into a local shop and the employees can fit you, I believe it's pretty cheap and then if you need an extension or the lie to be adjusted, they'll do it there for you, the only thing is that you have to pay for new grips if you need to cut the shafts down or extend them.

Taylormade has these as discontinued so I;m not sure how easy it will be to order them already made to your specs unless you buy the current line.

I know that Dicks had the 2.0 HP for 350 this weekend here, not sure about everywhere else though

most shops around me in orlando have them for 400

most shops around me in orlando have them for 400

Ah I see, I hope you can find them for a great price, I found them for 400 and with my trade in I only paid 250, I got them fitted for length and Lie immediately for free with a lie board, and luckily I didn't need extensions but after my fitting the ball marks were right in the center of the face.

Hopefully you get a good deal somewhere or maybe someone has one in the marketplace somewhere for you

Thanks everyone for all the great advice

Step dad has the burners. He loves them. I hit them but didnt like them as much as the R11s. The stock specs didnt suit me and my stance. They were too long and upright. Im only about 5'10" where he is like 6'4"

Back