Mallet Or Blade; Do You Ever Switch Off?

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Just wondering how many of you THPers might rotate between a blade and a mallet putter? I've played so long now with a blade putter I'm wondering if it might be good to switch off every now and again. What say you THPers?

I've played a mallet or mini mallet since 1995. The few times I've used a blade I have trouble with the speed no matter how nice the putter is.

I play an Anser style putter. The Taylormade Spyder X is tempting. But, at $349, not that tempting yet. lol

I played nothing but blades for ever, the Double Wide is the closest I have come to a mallet. It is definitely different using it for sure, but I do think I have putted bit better (we are on rough winter greens though)

Needing to go back to a mallet, love my DW but just not getting the distance down like I can with my Ghost Corza mallet. And.....something blue is calling my name. ?

I use to switch back and forth, but have stuck with the mid-mallet for a while now. I have more trouble managing speed with a blade.

Yep. My 2 putters are are Scotty Newport 2 and an Odyssey #7

Yep, I switch back and forth throughout the season. I don't really have much of an issue adjusting but I also don't use real big mallets so it's not as drastic of a change.

I have 2 putters, older Odyssey 2 Ball and a Cleveland Frontline 4.0.

Really wanting to get a putter fitting and also to try out some of the Triple Track putters. Have my ponder eye on the TT Ten.

I tried but had little to no success with a blade. Have had much more success with mallet's, the only blade that I think I may try in the future is a SC 2.6 if I can find one for a decent price.

I have a few different putters, 2 mallets and a couple of random blades. The blades never really worked for me. Too easy to twist and cause me to miss left or right. I currently have the Tommy Armour Impact #3 and there is no reason to pull it from the bag unless I start completely falling apart with it.

Blade for me. I've tried mallets in the past, but I've always come back to my Scotty Newport and before that my 8802 style knock off.

Yep. I have blades, mid mallets, and mallets all in the rotation.

I usually play a blade or double wide blade, I tried messing around with a fang and really liked it. I'm definitely considering alternating between my blade and a larger mallet or fang putter to see if I'm any better with it.

I enjoy a good blade but I just putt much better with a mallet head.

I've been using a mid mallet & just bought a blade at the end of the season & will be giving a go this season. So we will see if I stick with it, go back or rotate them.

I've been using a mid mallet & just bought a blade at the end of the season & will be giving a go this season. So we will see if I stick with it, go back or rotate them.

So what blade did you buy? :unsure:

I have a few Putters that I rotate from a 8802 style, to Answer style, to a double wide style, to a Kombi. What ever looks good that day.

I played a bullseye shape when I was first learning to golf back when it was still the nike tour. Then in college I bought a cleveland classic 1 bronze putter when I won a free cg15 wedge to match. But that only lasted 5 or six rounds until I traded it in towards a odyssey sabertooth. Every other time I've been a mallet putter...but I just picked up a new newport I'm going to give a blade a try this year.

I love my Sabertooth. So a fang style is my go to but I wouldn't be opposed to trying a blade if I found one I liked.

I switched Blade to Mallet. I'm not sure I'm going back the other direction anytime soon.

I've been a mallet user for about 15 years. I have tried pulled out my old Ping anser a couple of times just to try it out, but no way. It looks and feels so foreign in my hands I could only make one round with it.

Just wondering how many of you THPers might rotate between a blade and a mallet putter? I've played so long now with a blade putter I'm wondering if it might be good to switch off every now and again. What say you THPers?
i have both but love the feelof a mallet better go with what works for u

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yep I switch throughout the year from my Byron bombora and mallet putter (last year it was a ping fetch this year it’ll be a strokelab Tuttle). As long as the weight feels right and I get a little practice before the round when switching I can usually putt with whatever is handed to me.

I dont as a rule but I sometimes do experiment with a mallet. I really want to like mallets because they are supposedly so forgiving but I just dont like them. Sometimes I need to remind myself of that though.

Back