Mandalorian Season 2

Holy Crap what a final episode. Felt a lot like the final scene in Rogue One. I was sitting there saying wait we have more to go here. Season 3 is setting up to be epic.

Pretty darn good way to end a season.

Just finished the finale and I was blown away! Not much more to say than that. An outstanding 45 minutes and I was cheering to myself watching a certain Jedi tear up those dark troopers. I truly hope we see more of Din and Grogu but I’m definitely interested in what they do with Boba! But with how many Star Wars shows coming, there is room for both ;)

Last edited:
I’m going to watch it for a 2nd time tonight to make sure I didn’t miss anything!!

Last edited:
I shouldve had this last night but didn't see it tucked in the back of the fridge
20201219_190541_1.gif

I’m going to watch it fir a 2nd tone tonight to make sure I didn’t miss anything!!

I may do that myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The music is so bad in the Mandalorian. As soon as I saw the lone X-Wing I knew who it was. I got chills and my chest did that shaking thing when I’m about to cry knowing we were gonna see him at full power but the music killed it. This is Star Wars and the music should have soared. I should have been ugly crying. The Mandalorian has had so many great scenes killed by the music.

I cried. Wow. This was hands down one of the greatest 40 min of Star Wars ever. My 10 year old son however is in tears for another reason. He thinks that is the last of Grogu. I’m guessing that will not be the case because of the $$$.

The season finale was hands down one of the greatest pieces of media from beginning to end.

Have you and your son played The Force Unleashed? I ugly cried at the end.

Won Writers Guild awards cause the story was soooo good.

The music is so bad in the Mandalorian. As soon as I saw the lone X-Wing I knew who it was. I got chills and my chest did that shaking thing when I’m about to cry knowing we were gonna see him at full power but the music killed it. This is Star Wars and the music should have soared. I should have been ugly crying. The Mandalorian has had so many great scenes killed by the music.

I’ve actually enjoyed the music in both seasons. Very distinguishable and thought well done and not over the top.

but the music killed it
I wanted to disagree with this. The first time I watched it, I was in awe of Luke being an absolute badass again. I was fist pumping and cheering to myself the whole time. Saw your thought on the music and figured there was no way the music was bad when I felt the way I did watching it. Just rewatched the scene, and while I don't think the music in the Mandalorian is bad as a whole and I actually really enjoy most of it, this scene does fall a little flat with the score after a second watch. The first time though, it's definitely covered by the greatness of what's going on, on screen.

I wanted to disagree with this. The first time I watched it, I was in awe of Luke being an absolute badass again. I was fist pumping and cheering to myself the whole time. Saw your thought on the music and figured there was no way the music was bad when I felt the way I did watching it. Just rewatched the scene, and while I don't think the music in the Mandalorian is bad as a whole and I actually really enjoy most of it, this scene does fall a little flat with the score after a second watch. The first time though, it's definitely covered by the greatness of what's going on, on screen.

Like the scene where Mando and the child are saved by the other Mandalorians I should have cried like a girl with a skinned knee but same complaint. I wanted the music to soar and uplift but I felt flat. But I’m jaded AF over Disney Star Wars so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I’ve actually enjoyed the music in both seasons. Very distinguishable and thought well done and not over the top.

I’m a overly sensitive, over the top dramatic diva so I need that musical score to swell!

Ok, I have to be the negative person here. I wasn't blown away by the Season 2 finale. I was actually quite disappointed.

1. Can we please have bad guys that are not so easy to defeat? Really Moff Gideon allows his ship to be boarded then loses in a 2 minute battle. Just another in the long list of evil characters that Star Wars just decides are easy to defeat. How did they get control of the universe if they are so easy to beat? The storm troopers can't aim, the death troopers have to boot up, the death star has a design flaw. I am surprised the TIE fighters actually fly at this point.
2. Look we wrote ourselves into a corner so we have to show a Skywalker. Hooray! Really there wasn't another Jedi to use? Ezra was the easy answer but no we now have to use Luke to keep these Skywalkers relevant. So we know that Luke screws up and Kylo probably kills Grogu. Thanks Disney!
3. Asoka is still looking for Thrawn but Sabine wasn't with her. Asoka runs into a Mandolorian and doesn't even mention Sabine?
4. No resolution on the Dark Saber at all. So is Din Djarin now the Mandolorian leader?
5. Hey look it is an all female assault team that took over the ship, where have I seen that before. Oh just like the Avengers not so subtle girl power moment.

Ok, I have to be the negative person here. I wasn't blown away by the Season 2 finale. I was actually quite disappointed.

1. Can we please have bad guys that are not so easy to defeat? Really Moff Gideon allows his ship to be boarded then loses in a 2 minute battle. Just another in the long list of evil characters that Star Wars just decides are easy to defeat. How did they get control of the universe if they are so easy to beat? The storm troopers can't aim, the death troopers have to boot up, the death star has a design flaw. I am surprised the TIE fighters actually fly at this point.
2. Look we wrote ourselves into a corner so we have to show a Skywalker. Hooray! Really there wasn't another Jedi to use? Ezra was the easy answer but no we now have to use Luke to keep these Skywalkers relevant. So we know that Luke screws up and Kylo probably kills Grogu. Thanks Disney!
3. Asoka is still looking for Thrawn but Sabine wasn't with her. Asoka runs into a Mandolorian and doesn't even mention Sabine?
4. No resolution on the Dark Saber at all. So is Din Djarin now the Mandolorian leader?
5. Hey look it is an all female assault team that took over the ship, where have I seen that before. Oh just like the Avengers not so subtle girl power moment.
A5C8A0F8-3600-40AC-AA2F-201A3A20415A.gif

I kind of was ‘meh’ about the season after 4 episodes.

Mando: “I have a quest”

Someone: “I can help... but...”

Mando: kill bad guys

Someone: “Thank you... go to....”

Mando: “buckle up kid, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride”

it picked a bit for the last 2, and various spoilers tipped off the finale, but it was obviously done for the fan boys. I was more surprised that Boba Fett was back!! And the REAL Boba, not just his voice laid over CGI. (Which, BTW, was marginally better than the Rogue One attempt)

Am I the only one that was severely disappointed with the cgi for Luke? It was worse than Henry Cavil's mustache edit in Justice League. Can't Disney afford something better?

I loved season 2. My wife loved season 2, my two teens loved season 2. My old dog loved season 2.

while I respect your opinion, I will disagree.

1. Star Wars has always been a battle between good and evil. Good winning most of the time and evil prevailing when we least expect it to.
2. given the timeline in the Star Wars universe only Luke would be the one to save Grogu and Mando. Ezra is trapped with Thrawn in the light speed jump via the Purrgil’s so who knows where they are.
3. Ashoka not mentioning Sabine is probably because that’s a story line for Ashoka’s series that is upcoming which most likely surround her tracking down Thrawn and Ezra with Sabine.
4. Dark Saber is Din’s and he is the defecto leader by its possession. To me season 3 has one hell hell of a storyline to build on.
5. While I recognize the Marvel similarities, I don’t think the “females” being the main reason the ship was taken a bad thing. I never once thought it was the director trying to make a “woke” statement or an ode to girl power. It came across and great story arcs for the characters who just happened to be females.

As much turd soup that we’ve been fed with the prequels and the last three movies, we need to step back and appreciate how this show brought back the Star Wars galaxy to where it should have been all along. Thank you Favreau for redeeming the universe imo.

Am I the only one that was severely disappointed with the cgi for Luke? It was worse than Henry Cavil's mustache edit in Justice League. Can't Disney afford something better?
As I mentioned, it was ‘marginally’ better than the Leia attempt in R-One. For that they tried too hard to “de-age” her. Along with the reanimated Peter Cushing, they just can’t get the eyes right. To paraphrase Quint from Jaws- “they got dolls eyes. Cold dead eyes...” Also- the mouth. They can’t seem to get that inside the mouth isn’t a black hole of nothing.

Oh my oh my!!! I will be watching this one again!!!!

Finally got around to watching this episode. I had chills and was fairly emotional with Luke returning and the Grogu farewell, it was a very solid season ending but overall the episode was not perfect. I also agree with whoever said above that they could have made the Luke vs Dark Troopers fight way more climactic with the music.

Does anyone else think that this show lacks real stakes? I kind of get Superman syndrome with Mando and his armor, being basically invulnerable to everything including lightsabers. With most of the characters wearing veskar, storm troopers being even more useless than we are used to, and this being a very family friendly show it feels like they are never at any risk of dying or failure. Moff Gideon has been a pushover, but that may be my fault in expecting Giancarlo Esposito to be more Breaking Bad-esque.

Love the show but after enjoying the hell out of Fallen Order last year it is definitely missing something for me. Also loved how they handled the Boba Fett and Ahsoka appearances this season and I think Din with the helmet off is a much less stiff, better character. Wanting the show to be a little bit more PG-13 is something I just have to deal with. So far I would rate the show a 7.5/10

Just watched the last episode again. Missed so many one liners and hidden gems from the first time. So so so good. Might be the best 40 minutes of Star Wars history but the opening scene in the original Star Wars movie will always live in my heart forever.

And another thing!

629452804790d95d66f941fd30021fac.jpg

Back