Masks on the Golf Course?

Do not need to wear one on the course or outside unless in a crowd.

I wear one inside commercial centers/stores to protect others. "Stop the Spray"

I dont really see the sense in wearing a mask on the course because you are out in the open air. I could see wearing it if you go inside the clubhouse but not on the course.

Nope won’t do it. You really shouldn’t be wearing any mask for any exercise type activity.

Where do you stand on the subject THP?
I haven't worn a mask anywhere, I'm sure as hell not going to wear one on the golf course.

Nope won’t do it. You really shouldn’t be wearing any mask for any exercise type activity.

What if it's a role playing exercise type of activity, asking for a friend?

Drives me bonkers when there are masks as people are in metroparks, golf courses and the worst mowing lawns or walks in the neighborhood. I understand in the stores and such where there are tons of people. But literally you have acres to work with here. If you wont want to go to the pro shop without it I get it, but why do you need one on the 9th fairway playing by yourself ? With your buddies and you still wear one more plausible, but just stay away and dont sneeze on eachother.

Drives me bonkers when there are masks as people are in metroparks, golf courses and the worst mowing lawns or walks in the neighborhood. I understand in the stores and such where there are tons of people. But literally you have acres to work with here. If you wont want to go to the pro shop without it I get it, but why do you need one on the 9th fairway playing by yourself ? With your buddies and you still wear one more plausible, but just stay away and dont sneeze on eachother.

I told one of my buddies to wear a mask so we don't have to look at his face 🤷‍♂️

It was a mean joke, but a funny one haha

Have to keep a bandanna around my neck at work & will not wear 1 when I'm out & about & especially when I'm on the gold course out in the open. The guys at the course I played last Friday weren't even wearing masks, but did have another single I let play through that was wearing a mask. Hey no problem if that's what makes you feel safe then go ahead but I don't believe in the placebo of a mask.

I told one of my buddies to wear a mask so we don't have to look at his face 🤷‍♂️

It was a mean joke, but a funny one haha
About the only thing those masks are saving you from on 6,500 yards of green grass and fresh air

nope, haven't worn a mask yet on the course and probably won't ever...hopefully

Unless it is mandatory at some point i will not be wearing a mask while playing golf. I have not seen anyone here with a mask on the course yet.

I haven't worn a mask yet since this whole thing began. I don't plan on wearing one unless I have to.

I think the only store requiring them around me is Costco...

Personally, I don't think they're doing any good unless they're the N95 or N100 type.

I saw a couple of people with masks last weekend on the course, but I won't wear one there.

I have only been walking solo with prepaid. I call in to check in and I am on my way. I never get close to anyone to cause any issues. I’ll wear it in the store because I have allergies and if I want to make sure I don’t spray anything on anyone or anything. I go into a lot of plants and I have to wear one in there in order to gain access. I will wear it because it lets me makes sales and keep my guys working. No need for the golf course IMO.

Everyone protesting masks should protest pants too. See how that works out.

Do not need to wear one on the course or outside unless in a crowd.

I wear one inside commercial centers/stores to protect others. "Stop the Spray"

I'm with Desmond on this one. I'm not in contact with anyone on the course. When I go into Kroger I wear. Not sure if it helps me but does not hurt and more importantly helps others. This notion I refuse to wear a mask I don't understand. Seems to me like saying f my fellow person. The only thing I take as fact any longer is that people with no symptoms give to others. being conservative helps others.

I have not, nor seen anyone, wearing a mask on course. Most of the courses I play one didn't even go inside a building. However as the Governor opens the state up more and more, entering the clubhouse will become the norm. I may wear a mask for check in only.

I have not seen a mask anywhere on the 3 courses I've played in the last month and there is Zero chance I'm wearing a mask on a course. I'll wear one into a store but that only happens about once every 2 weeks so my mask time is limited to about 20 minutes a month.

Been getting out to my course now that they've allowed golf to resume in my state.

State and local ordinances require masks in public and most stores.

I have not/will not wear a mask on the course.

It appears to be a 30/70 split people wearing masks on the course vs not.

I wear a mask any other time I leave my house, but for this I just won't do it.

Where do you stand on the subject THP?
I have played 15 times in last 2 months....I have played 8 different places, mostly public but a couple privates too.....I have seen one dude with a mask....Of approximately 500 people I have seen...All this golf in VA. I have not worn a mask anywhere....and won't...

I haven't seen any masks, so I don't see the point in being the only one with one.

I haven't seen any masks, so I don't see the point in being the only one with one.

Depends what state you are in. Most blue states require masks and most red ones don't.

I've been driving extra distance to go do my shopping and whatnot in VA as opposed to MD as they don't have a mask requirement. They outlawed masks 50+ years ago because of the KKK. Additionally, if you are carrying a firearm you are not allowed to wear a mask. Given that VA legislative bodies are all controlled blue they are seething they cannot impose their will on the serfs.

My course sent a memo that they will be reopening the clubhouse next week, but masks must be worn at all times when inside. I wouldn’t want to wear one while on the course though.

If you're out on the course or in the open, seems fine. If you're near people - at any occasion these days - mask up. Even if it's minimally effective, it's worth the tiny inconvenience. We just don't know enough about this virus to be confident about anything. We don't. The selfishness and arrogance of the "NOPE NEVER. BUT MUH FREEDUM" crowd is appalling.

There is an exception to your statement. When running outdoors in winter or cold weather, I would highly recommend a mask or scarf covering your mouth.

Havent been to a golf course yet but i would lean towards no. It's like when I see people walking with a mask on or driving, I'm just not sure why they have it on. I just dont get it. However, I will not make a rude comment to a person if they have one on. It's their choice.

I will likely have one on hand for the Pro shop or if there are places people start congregating.

Back