Master's Week Questions

RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
1. Could you break 100 on Augusta National in tournament conditions and length?
2. What do you think your score would be??
3. What would you pay to try???

1. For me... no way!
2. (18) 3 putts equal at least 110-115 would be great!
3. $500-$1000

How about you???

1. No
2. 110-120?
3. I'd pay around $500 maybe. I'd rather put that money towards tickets though and watch the pros do their thing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1. No way, only in my dreams
2. 108
3. Not sure on price, I think that would be a priceless opportunity.
It would definitely be fun though!!!!

No way
130'ish at best
$750

Not a chance
I'd be very happy with 115
NOPE

I have a friend who was a plus 2 and had the opportunity to play Augusta some 20 years ago thru a business associate. He told me without a caddie he couldn't have broken 100, but with caddie clubbing him and reading putts for him he was able to shoot 80.

But, in answer to your questions. No, hopefully 110 or less, since I haven't shot that high in over 40 years..lol, and it would probably be the only course I would pay in excess of $500 to play.

1. Could you break 100 on Augusta National in tournament conditions and length? Sure.
2. What do you think your score would be?? 99
3. What would you pay to try??? $500

Master's Week Questions

1. Could I break 100? Sure. Would I? Not likely. I'd have to be putting really well. The green speeds would be what would get me more than the length to stay under 100.

2. No idea honestly.

3. This is where I will most likely differ from most. I'd pay maybe $150-$200

I really do not think I could. Mainly due to the length and the greens.
2. What do you think your score would be?
I would gladly pay $500-1000.

1. I think I could bring it in just under the century mark.
2. About 95. The par 4 lengths would add at least 10 - 12 strokes to my score.
3. $360. $20 per hole is the most I could justify in my mind to pay for a round anywhere.

1. No - I would be so nervous on the front 9 just getting over the fact I am playing Augusta haha
2. About 120ish
3. I would happily pay $500-$1,000

1. No
2. I am going to say 110
3. Name the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master's Week Questions

A good friend of mine that I play with on the regular has played Augusta twice and broke 80. So based on that, yes I could do well at Augusta. I'm working with my dad to get a foursome through a caddy we know. It's gonna cost a good bit but will be worth it if it happens.

1. Could you break 100 on Augusta National in tournament conditions and length? Perfect conditions with a caddie to give me tips on greens and club choice, I think it would be around 100 if I played my best. One thing you realize in person, more so than on TV, so many of these approach shots, especially on the front 9 and 17/18 are a good bit uphill and from 7500 yards or whatever it plays at, I don't think I hit it high enough to hold the greens.
2. What do you think your score would be?? I think I could go between 100-110 if I played pretty well.
3. What would you pay to try??? I'd pay a grand for a chance of a lifetime.

1. Yes
2. 99
3. Im one of the few who wouldnt pay a mortgage to play there. Maybe $400 max

1. Maybe, it would be close and probably depend on having a good caddie and the putting round of my life.
2. I'm guessing it would be somewhere near 100. During a golf trip last year I played a mini tour course at 7400+ when it was 35* 30 mph winds and raining and shot an 84. I'm absolutely sure Augusta would be more difficult but that's almost a shot a hole different.
3. Assuming I'm given enough warning / time to save for it? Probably about $2K

1. I think I could bring it in just under the century mark.
2. About 95. The par 4 lengths would add at least 10 - 12 strokes to my score.
3. $360. $20 per hole is the most I could justify in my mind to pay for a round anywhere.

I agree with this ^^^ and base that off the unofficial rating of 78.1, and an unofficial slope of 137.

I've played courses rated higher and have come in with less than 95 however, this is Augusta National. If I did play it and I didn't break 100 I'm confident I'd break 100 the second time I play it.

1. Could I? Maybe but I'm betting I wouldn't be able to first time out with the awe of it all.

2. I dunno I'll guess 108

3. $100-$150, I get that some private places charge a large amount, but this is ANGC the course and tourney it hosts speak for itself. Grow the game, make a place like this available to people, even if it was a national lottery through the GHIN system or something, and one person wins the opportunity a month. It would be an incredibly cool thing for the game of Golf

1. Could you break 100 on Augusta National in tournament conditions and length? Maybe, would need a lot of things working in my favor - There is no official slope and course rating but supposedly Dean Knuth did an unofficial one that graded out at 137/78.1
2. What do you think your score would be?? 99
3. What would you pay to try??? $1,000

1. Yes I believe I could.

2. Low to mid 80s

3. I would give anything and or pay anything.

Master's Week Questions

1. No way
2. 120ish
3. I would pay 750 or so right now.

1.Tournament conditions and lengths? Not a chance. While it does not have an official USGA Slope and Rating, in 2010 Dean Knuth estimated from the tips it would be 78.1 and slope of 137.

2.105-115. Most par 4's would take me 3 shots to get there. Then have to tackle the greens from there. Just going off yardages, I doubt I could get to 1, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14, 17, 18 in two shots. That leaves only 3 really as a par 4 I could reach in two. I'd be hitting driver off the 4th hole(par 3), but the others would be irons most likely.

3.I'd sell my soul.

Members tees, might have a chance at 100. Course would play 6,300 yards and some of those long par 4's are much more attainable. Greens still have to be dealt with, but if we are talking about non tournament conditions I'd think they would be a touch slower in speed. 1st cut is probably shaved down to what it used to be too.

1. For me... no way!
2. (18) 3 putts equal at least 110-115 would be great!
3. $500-$1000

How about you???

1. From tournament tees and pin locations, probably not. Certainly not my first ever round there.
2. 104. In true nerd form, I actually went through each hole and calculated this.
3. $350-$650

1. Yes I think I could break 100, barely
2. 96
3. up to $400

1. Could you break 100 on Augusta National in tournament conditions and length? Not even from the ladies tees... on Par 3 day...
2. What do you think your score would be?? Is 200 a legit possibility?
3. What would you pay to try??? Pretty much name the price, of course shooting 200 I would get my money's worth seeing every inch of the course as I spray my shots.

Back