Match play pressure situations with the match on the line

I would prefer to go first but either way I'm going to play the same way I always do. If I try to change my approach on the fly I'm more than likely going to get myself in to trouble.

I’m wired just a little different I guess, I want to go second in any situation and feed off the pressure. It just brings me to another gear and I’m able to focus in a way that I wish I could all the time.

Wow. Tough call. First is able to put pressure on the opponent if you hit a fantastic shot but second can capitalize on a mistake and play smart or aggressive depending on the circumstances.

Pretty sure I’d choose second. I like options in that scenario. If I hit first I really only have one option. Fairway...and if I miss I e got a ton of pressure to execute a great approach. If I tee of second I now have more options. Depending on the length of hole I could go iron or 3wood for safety if my competitor is in a bad spot. If he is in the fairway....again...I have options for either a confident swing with driver or a smooooooooth swing with and iron or wood. Good question though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This past year on Day 1 of the Morgan Cup, the 18th green had all of the carts lined up on one side, the ocean waves breaking on the other side and some serious competition coming down to the wire. Last year Staff Proto had a playoff on the 18th hole from 100 yards and all of the THPers lining TPC Vegas watching it unfold. Just awesome.

Come now JB, nothing can match the drama of me and White Rhino at True Blue in 2013. :)

This is why I love THP events. There's nothing like the feeling of having a group of THP buddies to go to war with and experiencing the incredible highs and lows of match play.

Come now JB, nothing can match the drama of me and White Rhino at True Blue in 2013. :)

This is why I love THP events. There's nothing like the feeling of having a group of THP buddies to go to war with and experiencing the incredible highs and lows of match play.

Nothing quite like the 10 year anniversary.

I’m playing my game and the course. I don’t care what my opponent hits or in what order. I focus on the task at hand, getting the win.

Back