Matt Blois Golf YouTube

I mean I still tuned in from time to time, esp for the driver bracket.
Alas, I don’t think the driver bracket will be the same. I mean I know Matt was superhuman or at least swung like most internet golfers, but some of the recent comparisons were concerning.
I mean, again, why are we comparing these shots. Matt would never have given you this data set.
DB7F5D58-53F5-444C-919B-B67584C221A8.jpeg

I’ll check these out and likely subscribe and follow closely. I enjoyed his work with TXG and hope he does well this way!

I enjoyed the video with Tyler and will tune in for more Matt. The video with @LittleRat on the LTDx driver was very good.

I like how the two interacted. It was like Matt ask the questions consumers usually asked and Ian gave insightful answers. Then Matt responded with the “interesting” comment
I like watching Matt’s swing He has an awesome swing.
Ian by himself can be too dry. I like to see him “lighten” up his channel. Avoid the monochrome colors and what’s with that funeral music at the TXG intro? It’s just too dark for me.

I just subscribed but on his page description he says he isn't sure if this will be an ongoing project. Hopefully it is, but who knows at this point

I'm really glad to see this but I'm wondering how well he'll be able to hold up a channel on his own. I've subscribed and really looking forward to watching. He's just not a big personality and may need a partner to help bring some energy.

Happy for Matt. I mean I am sad to see him go from TXG, however, I think he will have some good content himself. Doesn't bother me that he's a lefty, nor that he hits it 30-50 yards further than I.

On the flip side, I wouldn't mind TXG having 3 demonstrations for their reviews...lower swing speed, mid swing speed, and high swing speed. For example, my wife swings her driver at around 95mph but can get it to 100mph, I am at around 110 right now but in season (after some more speed work, i'm usually around 112-115. It would be nice to see some other guys hitting besides Matt and his 330-350 yard drives. We should get Ian on here!

Ian actually used to be pretty fast, close to 120 on driver and didn't look like he was swinging out of his shoes. However, it's clear he's been busy and is back down to 109-112 with driver. I don't think TXG has a 120+ swinger anymore which is kind of annoying to me since that's the range I am in. I am going to have to stick with my guy Alex Etches!

Alas, I don’t think the driver bracket will be the same. I mean I know Matt was superhuman or at least swung like most internet golfers, but some of the recent comparisons were concerning.
I mean, again, why are we comparing these shots. Matt would never have given you this data set.
View attachment 9062489

Or they would have edited it out.

Matt was definitely the star of the show at TXG.
Watching him hit the ball like a human Iron Byron is what got me hooked on TXG.

TXG has some slick editing and superb analysis with Ian still around.
The recent Ventus shaft video still has all the ingredients of a good show.
But it's not the same with Matt not there ....

Wish them both the best of luck going forward.

Good for Matt. He hits the ball further than 95% of us.

I like Matt, hope his health issues improve leading to a revitalized career and personal life. I think these videos may have been done before the split and before Instagram posts on Matt's account about his mental healthy issues and about taking a break. .

I also liked the videos he and Ian did. But.....

That all said, the fact that you bring up he does hit the ball so far made any comparison on the TXG videos somewhat a non sequitur to the game of most golfers. The few videos he hit right handed were better for me in that regard for interpreting results, though since I'm a senior his speed was still well above mine and I think still above the majority of golfers.

I'll be honest, I felt that for a while now. Not so say Matt and Ian weren't a good watch, but it was the same script...

Si Hi To Matt
Matt hits ball far
Here's how Matt can sneak out even more
Si goodbye to Matt.
See you next time.

Agree 100%. I found the fits with Ronny, as well as the lady who was on recently who swung more like a normal player (she has a really damn good swing and is a single digit female golfer and if I recall was in the 90s) or the really wild builds they would try.

Filming with higher handicap golfers is always going to be harder to get usable shots, but will end up with better content after the fact (IMHO).

I also wonder how those cobra vids work, at work so haven't clicked them, but were they done at the Cobra launch event earlier this year? IF so, he also filmed vids for TXG.... Oh well. I will probably check these out but like TXG vids, they aren't a must watch as soon as they drop like they were a year or so ago.

matt's been releasing some cool instructional videos. he did one last night with ian mellor, the other instructor at MMG golf with tyler. they did some 3d mapping. ty and i did a couple sessions with 3d mapping. it's very cool technology.

He made a good combo before and seems like a decent guy. Like I said good luck to him but he does nothing for me...especially as a solo act

At least he is not be better golf...

matt's been releasing some cool instructional videos. he did one last night with ian mellor, the other instructor at MMG golf with tyler. they did some 3d mapping. ty and i did a couple sessions with 3d mapping. it's very cool technology.
I’ll have to check those out. The instructional videos on the TXG channel are some of my favourites they put up.

Matt needs to add some shot tracer to those videos.
I would really like to see Matt crushing some balls again.

View attachment 9062489

When dynamic loft varies 5* between clubs can you even make a comparison? Just not very good data to work with if you're trying to make real objective conclusions. :rolleyes:

Good for him. I'll subscribe.

Nice Rogue ST review from Matt! :cool::cool:

I think a "Matt n' Manolo" woulda been so nasssssty. #dasssit

Back