MM⛳️

Reaction score
Handicap
Used one for the first time Sunday. Played 18 and the ball seemed to perform well. Usually play the Sirxon Q-Star tour. Anyone else try the Maxfli Tour X and have reviews or opinions on them. I decided to try them because of the price and being a 4 piece ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen these at Dick's and been tempted as I've heard good things. I do tend to try to bargain shop for balls also, but right now the CS practice is my budget go to.

I've only tried the Tour and not the X. It's a nice ball but perhaps not quite the higher spin I seem to prefer. I might still try it some day.

I was chosen to test these for another forum - Tour and TourX. I thought the X were very spinny especially with the short irons and wedges. Tended to balloon for me. But both models are good balls at a great price point over all.

The Maxfli line is made for Dicks and they own the brand. They do not own a factory but the balls, according to them, are made to their specs.

To the OP, don’t get too wrapped up in number of layers, that doesn’t mean better, just designed differently. There are 2-6 piece golf balls and more doesn’t necessarily equal more performance.

I played the Maxfli Tour X for a few rounds earlier this year. They are a pretty hard ball if you're used to gaming the Srixon QST. I found it just a bit too hard for my liking, especially off the putter.

They are manufactured by Foremost in Taiwan, which also makes golf balls for Vice, Wilson, and TaylorMade. So the quality should be fine.

The Maxfli line is made for Dicks and they own the brand. They do not own a factory but the balls, according to them, are made to their specs.

To the OP, don’t get too wrapped up in number of layers, that doesn’t mean better, just designed differently. There are 2-6 piece golf balls and more doesn’t necessarily equal more performance.

I don’t usually get wrapped up in number of layers but I like to stick with a 3 or 4 piece ball. I think it’s more of a mental thing lol

I was chosen to test these for another forum - Tour and TourX. I thought the X were very spinny especially with the short irons and wedges. Tended to balloon for me. But both models are good balls at a great price point over all.

What do you mean when you say balloon? I suppose I have never heard that before while describing a gold ball lol

I played the Maxfli Tour X for a few rounds earlier this year. They are a pretty hard ball if you're used to gaming the Srixon QST. I found it just a bit too hard for my liking, especially off the putter.

They are manufactured by Foremost in Taiwan, which also makes golf balls for Vice, Wilson, and TaylorMade. So the quality should be fine.

Yes they are a bit more firm compared to the Sirxon QST. However it’s not enough to discourage me lol. I don’t mind kinda firm off the putter but I also don’t like a ball that feels like a melted stick of butter

The spin tends to make them fly higher and shorter than expected. Especially with my steep descent swing with shorter irons and wedges, I would need to try to shallow out my swing to keep them from spinning too much and kind of floating.

I played both the Tour and the Tour X model. I found the Tour X model to be a bit too firm for my liking. The Tour X definitely spins a little bit more off shorter irons and around the greens. I prefer the ball flight with the Tour. Both are durable and long!

I love the alignment aid on them. I love the price. I just bought 4 dozen for $105 + tax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've played both and am currently gaming the Tour X for the year. I felt like that Tour was a bit soft and didn't have the distance that the Tour X does for me. I like the amount of spin off the short irons and wedges. Off the tee it has a good flight path and I really like the alignment/CG markings. Previously was playing the Kirklands and I was able to average about 5 yards more overall distance with the Tour X. I will say the ball feels a touch hard off the putter face.

I liked the Tour but definitely missed the additional spin around the greens. Knowing myself, I'm sure I'll try the Tour X someday.

I played both the Tour and the Tour X model. I found the Tour X model to be a bit too firm for my liking. The Tour X definitely spins a little bit more off shorter irons and around the greens. I prefer the ball flight with the Tour. Both are durable and long!

I love the alignment aid on them. I love the price. I just bought 4 dozen for $105 + tax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm looking for a new ball. What other balls have you played, and how does the Maxfli Tour compare to them? I really like the Callaway ERC Soft, but I don't like the price. I have tried the Snell MTB Black, but find it shorter (at my age I can't afford to give up ANY distance - LOL). The Vice Pro Plus has been a pleasant surprise both in regard to distance and spin, and the DTC pricing is attractive. So is the 4 dozen pricing at Dick's for the Maxfli Tour.

Add me to the list of those that have recently tried the Maxfli Tour and Tour X. I got a dozen of each to try out when I'm too chicken to sacrifice my CS X LS to the deserts around Tucson/Phoenix. My initial reaction was the Tour was a bit shorter off the tee and irons than the Tour X. The Tour X played more closely to the CS X LS than the Tour did - so I was a bit pleased with that. I've played several rounds with each ball now and though I wouldn't make them my "gamer" I do feel like I can still shoot reasonably well with either when I am not playing a premium priced ball. My preference, though, would be the Tour X over the Tour.

Forgot to include this in my last post.

These balls are fantastic and an amazing bargain. As a die-hard TP5X user, I’m finding more and more favoritism to the TourX especially at the price point.

The guys at TXG put up some nice numbers with these last year, against the ProV1.

8795F36C-E930-49D0-95DB-E46F37E9B719.jpeg1706EFFE-7F23-457A-8A77-4F1ECDAF90BF.jpeg4730C375-4478-427E-8D02-7BF75BA90DB6.jpeg5F32EC74-FFE9-4FEF-BD75-1B09CD83164B.jpeg

Last edited:
I picked up a dozen of these and played them tonight. I really enjoyed them!!!

For the price, these are a treat.

@MattyD-MPLS hit one of mine (with a wedge) at True Blue and said it had some spin to it.

This is the ball I've been playing recently, and I'm enjoying it. Performance is good, and I like the alignment on the ball. This could become my gamer, but I'll need to do a more direct comparison with the Pro V1X at some point. I'll be especially interested how each perform comparatively in the short game.

I currently use the Callaway X LS but have the maxfli tour x (48 pack for around a 105) as my backup/not playing well/losing X LS in the rough ball.

I've been playing the tour as my gamer and really enjoying the ball! I've never tried the Tour X. Wondering if it will give me that extra few yards? Is 1-3 yards even worth it if I like the ball? Just shot my PB at Bethpage Blue with an 82. 170 yd. par three over a gully and hit a 5 iron that landed 5 feet from the pin and rolled out about 15 feet. Went in a bit hot and not expecting any hop and stop so I was very happy with the shot. My wedges are hop and stop with a foot or two from pitch mark. I'm not a bomber by any stretch of the imagination (230 yd carry is a good drive)

Last edited:
I’ve been playing the Maxfli Tour ball a lot lately. The Tour X was a little too firm feeling for me, especially off of the putter.

Back