MI/OH and Anyone Else 2015 Gathering - August 29th

ANNOUNCEMENT: Numbers Call For Friday Afternoon (8/28)

We would love to have more people join us! If you want to drop your preferences on time and price in a PM, that will be taken into consideration. Trying to keep it within an hour of the airport and 45 min from the hotel and around 3-4 pm. I am going to begin calling courses in the area for rates regarding this round so I will have to have a general number by 7/27 when I begin.

So far confirmed for Friday I have:
1) Michigan Slice
2) tpluff
3) sposey#s
4) sparksjr
5) e1iterate
6) rbarthle17
7) golfinff
8) Possibly you??????

Also, if I missed anyone, please PM me or message here and comment how much of an idiot I am! Thanks.

I am in for Friday.

Ahem!..... Friday you say?
I have league...

Count me in, I'm skipping league!

Haven't gotten that far yet. I'm trying to get numbers to try and get a group discount from courses on my preliminary list I made. Still a month out and numbers aren't final.

Do you have a set time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a set time?

Looking between 3 and 4. Lots of twilight's start right at 4 too.

We would love to have more people join us! If you want to drop your preferences on time and price in a PM, that will be taken into consideration. Trying to keep it within an hour of the airport and 45 min from the hotel and around 3-4 pm. I am going to begin calling courses in the area for rates regarding this round so I will have to have a general number by 7/27 when I begin.

1) Michigan Slice
2) tpluff
3) sposey#s
4) sparksjr
5) e1iterate
6) rbarthle17
7) golfinff
8) Robozeo
9) Possibly you??????

Also, if I missed anyone, please PM me or message here and comment how much of an idiot I am! Thanks.
Might as well bump this too. Let's get some peeps up for Friday (I know it may require a hotel Friday night which eliminates some people).

Looking between 3 and 4. Lots of twilight's start right at 4 too.

I sent you over the price they gave me for The Grande, in Jackson. Kinda far(45 mins from Eagle Crest) but it's a Top 50 public course in Michigan. Also I would really give Moose Ridge a hard look. I played there today and it's probably the best course outside of Treetops I've played this year.

Mike I'm 100% in for Saturday .

Tyler I'm in for Friday depending on Location.

Why is this not here already!?!?!?

Can't wait to welcome Mike Dean and his bevy of HOF tags to Michigan!!

Should be locking down my hotel for this tomorrow. Can't wait for a weekend full of golf and THPers

1) Michigan Slice
2) tpluff
3) sposey#s
4) sparksjr
5) e1iterate
6) rbarthle17
7) golfinff
8) Robozeo
9) Possibly you??????

1 last heave ho before getting rates from courses. Bigger the group, better potential for discounts.

Just a little preview of what I've got on my list. If anyone has suggestions, feel free. Going to be a killer rate anywhere, I can tell you that much.

Golf CourseDistance From Eagle Crest
Northville Hills24 mi/25 min
Tanglewood20 mi/32 min
Cattails22 mi/30 min
Moose Ridge27 mi/25 min
Pheasant Run9.6 mi/14 min
Coyote Preserve46.2 mi/42 min
Majestic38.3 mi/36 min
Grande48.9 mi/44 min
Stonebridge 10.7 mi/16 min

Last edited:
Mike I'm 100% in for Saturday .

Tyler I'm in for Friday depending on Location.

First post updated

I give my opinion i wouldn't take them to Pheasant Run(very subdivision course)It's overpriced and there aren't really any memorable holes. I do find it funny that the Arthur Hills designed course I suggested is closer than all of them and it didn't make the cut over Tanglewood. I also think the Coyote Preserve only makes the list because it's an Arnold Palmer course. Once again I don't feel that there are really any memorable holes. I'd say that Moose Ridge the nicest of all the courses listed. I'll be writing a review of the course tonight.

Just a little preview of what I've got on my list. If anyone has suggestions, feel free. Going to be a killer rate anywhere, I can tell you that much.

Golf CourseDistance From Eagle Crest
Northville Hills24 mi/25 min
Tanglewood20 mi/32 min
Cattails22 mi/30 min
Moose Ridge27 mi/25 min
Pheasant Run9.6 mi/14 min
Coyote Preserve46.2 mi/42 min
Majestic38.3 mi/36 min
Grande48.9 mi/44 min
Stonebridge 10.7 mi/16 min

I give my opinion i wouldn't take them to Pheasant Run(very subdivision course)It's overpriced and there aren't really any memorable holes. I do find it funny that the Arthur Hills designed course I suggested is closer than all of them and it didn't make the cut over Tanglewood. I also think the Coyote Preserve only makes the list because it's an Arnold Palmer course. Once again I don't feel that there are really any memorable holes. I'd say that Moose Ridge the nicest of all the courses listed. I'll be writing a review of the course tonight.

We good?

Why would we not be good? I'm giving my opinion on courses I've played, so everyone can make the best decision. If you don't want opinions just pick a course for everyone.

Looks like you all are going to have a great time! Lots of great folks and I wish I could attend... but the 5th wedding of the year calls that day :)

Looks like you all are going to have a great time! Lots of great folks and I wish I could attend... but the 5th wedding of the year calls that day :)

That's wardy's excuse and been beat to death find a new one

I looked up Moose Ridge and browsed the pics quickly, looks nice. I could probably donate a few balls to the woods there. I'll look into the others when I get home but just give me a course that is well maintained.

I looked up Moose Ridge and browsed the pics quickly, looks nice. I could probably donate a few balls to the woods there. I'll look into the others when I get home but just give me a course that is well maintained.

It's surprising quite open, only a few holes is it really tight.

I believe I hit 9/14 fwys with my misses just off the edge(except the one where the fwy bunker was dead in the middle and I tried to carry it)

Last edited:
Back