Michigan hackers, check in here

Hit the driving range with both my kids for the first time. Usually it's just me or me and our daughter.
90b3c7cf20dc3d661dd3fb9517834327.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I haven't done the loop yet. Take some pics and let us know how it is!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

e720f58356b2d0444728e792b14ee8e4.jpg

Hole #1 on Loop Black. Played this today, shot 86. Will be playing Loop Red setup tomorrow, basically it’s the same course except you play in reverse order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got to play forest dunes last week with my father in law. It was definitely a treat. If you haven't played before here are some tips that might help you out: Hole #6 is one of the scariest tee shots I've ever seen. The bunkers look massive when they're right in front of you; trust your shot and definitely don't block it right into the woods like I did. Hole 14 is the # 2 handicap for a reason, avoid the fairway bunker straight ahead at all cost and Hole 16, if it's raining or windy take a lot more club because that forced carry is a bear! The 19th hole is definitely a treat at the end of the round. The course is in amazing condition and good luck!

Thanks for the tips. Playing tomorrow morning.

I played Treetops tradition course yesterday. We only paid 60 bucks, I think it was worth that. I'm not sure why the greens were a little slow. Maybe due to all the rain we've been getting. I'm not sure what's up with that house flies but there were thousands of them! They don't bite or anything but they sure are a nuisance and a distraction.

The pace of play wasn't bad. One issue we had was at the turn on hole 10 we could see a group on the green, a group in the Fairway, a group waiting on the tee. This is what we pulled up to after 9. That made four groups on hole 10. I went and and complained about that. Especially since we had not seen a ranger all day. I'm not sure what happened but seems sped up pretty good. Even with the holdup on hole 10 we played in just over four hours.

It's a decent layout, generous Fairways, good Landing areas, and the greens are reasonable, pretty straightforward. I will play it again.

One thing I didn't care for was the lack of cart path. It seemed that lots of areas were damaged by too much rain, this made for some very very rough areas to drive over.
3ae68b10fe2afbf31dcc92e06160e453.jpg
f2f8bdaeb290d809b0443e7797b0eed5.jpg
df4a979211a28d48bfe3d24ce4217d49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hey guys. Has anyone been to Lakewood Shores Resort lately? Just wondering about course and lodging conditions. Thanks in advance.

I was at Lakewood last October. The courses were okay nothing special and the club house is out dated in my opinion. The lodging was fine basically your standard hotel room. I think we paid $160 for two nights and unlimited golf so the price was great.

I was at Lakewood last October. The courses were okay nothing special and the club house is out dated in my opinion. The lodging was fine basically your standard hotel room. I think we paid $160 for two nights and unlimited golf so the price was great.

100% agree with this assessment

Played Twin Lakes today with @lions81, would play again. Really enjoyed the links 9 and the Woods 9 was not as enjoyable even though it did have a up north feel to it. We played the tips and all the par 3’s were 180-220 which isn’t super fun: Greens were totally different on each course which I don’t like.

Hole #1 on Loop Black. Played this today, shot 86. Will be playing Loop Red setup tomorrow, basically it’s the same course except you play in reverse order.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised; yes you are playing the course in reverse order but it's completely different than what you might think. You think you're just going up the fairway in the wrong direction but it's a different angle to the green so it doesn't seem like the same green.
I can't remember the hole number without looking at my pictures from last year, but there is one green that is long and narrow with the back end plateau real skinny and steeply sloped left and right. Playing red if you're short it comes back if you're long it goes over into a corner bunker. Black you think "hey that won't be a problem" but then you realize that if you're left or right of the plateau you're still screwed. Hopefully the pin was on the other end for you.

One think I am interested in, however, is if they have done anything special to mark off the hidden fairway bunkers since they've allowed carts. I would expect some type of small pole / marker but maybe they didn't do anything.

Okay thanks. I was thinking of taking my group of 24 up there next year. We have stayed at The Ridge the last couple years and was thinking of trying something new.

Just got back to Ohio from my annual golf trip to Kalkaska. Grandview was in great shape. Fairways were not as good as past years but tough winter and wet spring could be what causes that. Absolutely great weather. Sorry for not bringing it up earlier. With our Ohio flooding problem, farmers were not sure until the last minute whether we would make the trip. The forecast was for rain, so we came up. 3 inches here on Thursday depressed everyone but we enjoyed the weather and the golf at Grandview. Hopefully I came get back up and play with you Michigan boys this summer. Send me a private message if something gets put together.

Just got back to Ohio from my annual golf trip to Kalkaska. Grandview was in great shape. Fairways were not as good as past years but tough winter and wet spring could be what causes that. Absolutely great weather. Sorry for not bringing it up earlier. With our Ohio flooding problem, farmers were not sure until the last minute whether we would make the trip. The forecast was for rain, so we came up. 3 inches here on Thursday depressed everyone but we enjoyed the weather and the golf at Grandview. Hopefully I came get back up and play with you Michigan boys this summer. Send me a private message if something gets put together.
Sorry I missed you coach.

New ownership has Grandview on track for greatness!

Sorry I missed you coach.

New ownership has Grandview on track for greatness!

I agree. Price went up but looks like they are more progressive with promoting the club.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Playing Lenawee Country Club on Wednesday, first time playing a private track since I was about 10. Won't be private much longer however (supposedly).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I played Treetops tradition course yesterday. We only paid 60 bucks, I think it was worth that. I'm not sure why the greens were a little slow. Maybe due to all the rain we've been getting. I'm not sure what's up with that house flies but there were thousands of them! They don't bite or anything but they sure are a nuisance and a distraction.

The pace of play wasn't bad. One issue we had was at the turn on hole 10 we could see a group on the green, a group in the Fairway, a group waiting on the tee. This is what we pulled up to after 9. That made four groups on hole 10. I went and and complained about that. Especially since we had not seen a ranger all day. I'm not sure what happened but seems sped up pretty good. Even with the holdup on hole 10 we played in just over four hours.

It's a decent layout, generous Fairways, good Landing areas, and the greens are reasonable, pretty straightforward. I will play it again.

One thing I didn't care for was the lack of cart path. It seemed that lots of areas were damaged by too much rain, this made for some very very rough areas to drive over.
3ae68b10fe2afbf31dcc92e06160e453.jpg
f2f8bdaeb290d809b0443e7797b0eed5.jpg
df4a979211a28d48bfe3d24ce4217d49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The tradition was originally only a walking course, which is why there aren't any cart paths. It's also usually the slowest playing course because it's wide and people are all over the course looking for their balls. If you get the chance, you need to play the Masterpiece and Signature. They are great courses and both have the ability to play very difficult, but they also allow you to score.

I'll be visiting my folks near Holland from 7/15-7/20. Was thinking of playing Harbor Shores, and possibly something else in the relative area.

Anyone wanna get a round in?

I like Sarandella best, the Gailles is too tricked up, NOT true links as advertised

So, I played golf with oldest daughter yesterday. She took the game up a few years ago and we have talked about playing together forever. Schedules and family and work always got in the way. It was amazing for both of us, we have this easy natural rapport that lets us just relax together and have fun. We both have committed to playing every couple weeks for the rest of the season!!!

Have my tee time reserved for Arcadia Bluffs on 9/9 and Forest Dunes on 9/10. Can't wait.

That is an incredible double dip buddy! My brother and I argue over which is the best in Michigan but it’s always these two at the head of the class, have a great time!

Getting back into THP after a bit of time , any Lansing area guys on here? Where’s everyone from?

Getting back into THP after a bit of time , any Lansing area guys on here? Where’s everyone from?

Bounce between Ann Arbor and Downriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kalkaska!

Bay City here.

Back