Brianbigoats

Reaction score
Handicap
What do you prefer
I seem to play better with a milled face

i prefer a milled face but the odyssey RSX 001 is exactly what I would prefer if I played an insert putter.

I haven't had an insert putter since I last bagged a Tour Edge Non Exotics. I think I wouldn't mind having an insert putter for when I'm playing a firmer ball, mainly since they seem to sound a bit harsh coming off a milled face.

I've played with both and had success with both. I suppose if I had to choose, I'd take an insert over milled though.

No preference. I will play either.

I prefer milled.

Milled copper insert.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Milled provided it isn't too soft like the Scotty GoLo I had.

I prefer milled!

Milled carbon steel

Milled! The last insert putter I owned was a TaylorMade Nubbins (God I did love that Nubbins Though!)

Milled for me

Switched from using milled to an insert and its growing on me.

I prefer milled. Not for feel, I just far and away prefer the sound of a milled face and feel like once I've learned the sound for the sweet spot knowing my miss or poor strike is easy.

I have them both but like the milled face.

Definitely milled for me

Milled for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insert for me. I just love the feel of the inserts.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

milled currently has the top spot in my bag

Milled FTW

After trying both pretty extensively I've learned I'm better with an insert. No idea why, it just works for me.

I have better feel with a milled face.

I really like milled better, I think that has to do with playing a low compression urethane ball. It might be mental but the combination of milling and a softer ball sounds, feels great. Inserts almost seem pillowish with a softer ball. IMHO

Back