Minneapolis 2015 Outing aka Jucy Lucy & Friends - May 16, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • LAS VEGAS: Las Vegas is a fun game that really rewards birdies and at the same time can softenen the blow of a weaker player's score. Played in teams of two, the players scores are paired rather than combined in order to determine a team score. So if one teammate scores a six on the hole and the other teammate scores a four, the team score is a 46 (lowest score is always posted as the front number). If the other team scores a pair of fives, their score would be 55. The differential is calculated (55 - 46 = 9) and points are tracked throughout the round in order to determine the winning team; or points can have a monetary value (5 or 10 cents each for example) in which to pay out bets on.

Thank you. I've never played that format but wouldn't mind giving it a whirl

Never heard of that but I like it

Vegas was pretty fun last year, it works well across handicaps as well.

• LAS VEGAS: Las Vegas is a fun game that really rewards birdies and at the same time can softenen the blow of a weaker player's score. Played in teams of two, the players scores are paired rather than combined in order to determine a team score. So if one teammate scores a six on the hole and the other teammate scores a four, the team score is a 46 (lowest score is always posted as the front number). If the other team scores a pair of fives, their score would be 55. The differential is calculated (55 - 46 = 9) and points are tracked throughout the round in order to determine the winning team; or points can have a monetary value (5 or 10 cents each for example) in which to pay out bets on.
That's awesome, would totally want to play it!

Same teams both rounds???

Sounds like a really fun format. Having never played it before, definitely looking forward to learning a new game!

Same teams or mix it up? (upon refresh I see Mix it up suggested, sounds good)

So, Minnesota that time of year, what is the weather usually like?

Well in May last year it snowed.... So hopefully this year it'll be better lol.

Weather underground says the average high on May 16th is 66 degrees (low 47). Record is 81

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well in May last year it snowed.... So hopefully this year it'll be better lol.

Hah almost forgot about that.

Hah almost forgot about that.

I have a love hate relationship every year with the weather here haha

Im pretty excited. Bringing a slew of drivers. Launch monitor. Some live testing will take place.
If you have not read the Tampa Live Testing thread from last week or watched the 1 minute video, I strongly urge it.
Its all about the reviews guys and its going to be a great time.

Might even make sure there are some prizes for competition for those that help Folds of Honor with 2015 Albatross Club Membership.

I'm down for any format. Just looking forward to playing all day and having a good time.

That thing is giving me the stink eye. Watch out! My teeth are coming....

9597d16be52bb543a7a6b5c334546eed.jpg

I still can't give a definite yes because I have a lot of things going on right now, but I am am seriously looking for a way to make it work (Even if I have to drive up and back the same day).

I still can't give a definite yes because I have a lot of things going on right now, but I am am seriously looking for a way to make it work (Even if I have to drive up and back the same day).

Appreciate the heads up. Keep us posted. I am going to count you as in for the course head count and such so let me know if something changes.

I believe these drivers will be on hand to test out.

Drivers Available To Test
Srixon Z545
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Double Black Diamond
Callaway XR
TaylorMade R15
TaylorMade AeroBurner
Bridgestone J715
Bridgestone J815
Cleveland CG Black (2015 edition)
Cleveland CG Black Custom (2015 edition)
Cobra Fly-Z+
Cobra Fly-Z
Wilson D200
Ping G30 LS Tec
Nike Vapor Speed
Nike Vapor Pro
Nike Vapor Flex

You can add a Callaway XR with a Prototype UST shaft as well. The more people that can experience that shaft the better.

Appreciate the heads up. Keep us posted. I am going to count you as in for the course head count and such so let me know if something changes.

Thanks, will do

You can add a Callaway XR with a Prototype UST shaft as well. The more people that can experience that shaft the better.

Nice! I'm sure you'll have plenty of folks interested in taking a few swings with that combo.

Attention:

We are approaching the 45 days out mark. I am going to start making the teams and selecting the format here shortly. Please pm me or post your handicap in the thread so I can make sure we have an even playing field. If your handicap is posted under your avatar and it is accurate, I can just grab it from there. I think we are still 5 guys away from 100% Albatross participation. Would love to give away some cool stuff at the event but we need everyone on board to make it happen.

No clue on index. I haven't posted a score in 8 months.

I'll guess higher than lower, so call me a 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back