Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

Are there any local courses it would work for?

You would need to travel. Dallas and Atlanta have a ton of courses and flights right now are cheap and plentiful. I did sign up.

How I look at it is if you play 6 times on the trip it would cost you roughly $450 ($300 for the yearly membership and $150 for the cart fees to play the courses.). So one trip would do it for me unless you are the type looking for really cheap golf when on a trip. I am looking for hopefully nicer courses that are less packed when I am traveling.

Went to Rush Creek today to get fit for the new Titleist Driver. One of the best experiences i have ever had. They have a really nice indoor studio as well as obviously a range as well.

Asked the guy about tee times for Ryder Cup...they ate pretty much booked. Right now the course is really wet, after last nights rain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We got some bad news from rush creek today they will be closed for the Ryder cup weekend. We need some course recommendation's for the area. We would appreciate it

We got some bad news from rush creek today they will be closed for the Ryder cup weekend. We need some course recommendation's for the area. We would appreciate it

Rush Creek received 10" of rain on Wednesday night. Here is a link to pictures from today - https://www.facebook.com/rushcreekgolfclub/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf Hard to believe the damage. This is the second time the course had to close because of storms. They lost 38 trees about 2 months ago. My guess is they will reopen on Wednesday or Thursday but don't want to mess with Ryder Cup visitor tee times. In addition, there will be some lingering damage which makes it hard for Rush Creek to put their best foot forward. Reputation means something to them.

Unfortunately, my tee times for today and tomorrow were also cancelled.

I'm sure you can find tee times for next week. The Links at North Fork in Ramsey and Wild Marsh in Buffalo are worth considering. Assume openings on courses in the west and southwest metro will be harder to find.

Great courses in my rank order

Legends
Meadows
Stoneridge
Willingers
Northfield Golf Club
Stonebrooke
Bluff Creek

Rush Creek received 10" of rain on Wednesday night. Here is a link to pictures from today - https://www.facebook.com/rushcreekgolfclub/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf Hard to believe the damage. This is the second time the course had to close because of storms. They lost 38 trees about 2 months ago. My guess is they will reopen on Wednesday or Thursday but don't want to mess with Ryder Cup visitor tee times. In addition, there will be some lingering damage which makes it hard for Rush Creek to put their best foot forward. Reputation means something to them.

Unfortunately, my tee times for today and tomorrow were also cancelled.

I'm sure you can find tee times for next week. The Links at North Fork in Ramsey and Wild Marsh in Buffalo are worth considering. Assume openings on courses in the west and southwest metro will be harder to find.

Was out there yesterday for my driver fitting. Course just needs a few days to dry out. 18 was really wet.

Thanks boys, appreciate the info. I'll check that list. Based on what you saw at your driver fitting will they still be closed in a week?? Seems like a long time, no?

Also, what have you heard about Mississippi Dunes? Golf Advisor has them ranked pretty high.

Thanks boys, appreciate the info. I'll check that list. Based on what you saw at your driver fitting will they still be closed in a week?? Seems like a long time, no?

Also, what have you heard about Mississippi Dunes? Golf Advisor has them ranked pretty high.

NO, They WILL be open. Mississippi Dunes? Meh. It is golf not bad but not memorable IMO. If you are going to drive an hour to Mississippi dunes you should drive to Morton and play Dacotah Ridge. That is what a few people I know are doing.

http://dacotahridge.com

NO, They WILL be open. Mississippi Dunes? Meh. It is golf not bad but not memorable IMO. If you are going to drive an hour to Mississippi dunes you should drive to Morton and play Dacotah Ridge. That is what a few people I know are doing.

Hopefully you're right and Rush Creek will be open! The gal I talked to said they're keeping the tee sheet in tact, just taking precautionary measures. Dacotah Ridge, I was trying to remember the name of that place. I'll check it out. Legends has openings, unfortunately not until 3pm though.

Hopefully you're right and Rush Creek will be open! The gal I talked to said they're keeping the tee sheet in tact, just taking precautionary measures. Dacotah Ridge, I was trying to remember the name of that place. I'll check it out. Legends has openings, unfortunately not until 3pm though.

What is the day you are looking to get out?

Friday. We're coming up Friday and playing Friday (originally Rush Creek) and Saturday at Troy Burne then hitting the Ryder Cup on Sunday.

If you are coming from Sioux Falls then I would check out Willingers and then Northfield Golf Club. These are off of 35W. I am playing Willingers on Tuesday and can let you know how he course looks. I see they have tee times available at 1:40.

If you are coming from Sioux Falls then I would check out Willingers and then Northfield Golf Club. These are off of 35W. I am playing Willingers on Tuesday and can let you know how he course looks. I see they have tee times available at 1:40.
Looking at Dacotah Ridge Hox and I are both quite impressed. It's actually almost exactly half-way between Sioux Falls and our hotel. I'm going to call them tomorrow morning. I'll let you know if we need more info on the others.

Thanks for responding to this golf emergency fellas. Hopefully Rush Creek will be open if not the places you guys listed look like a solid back up plan. Again Thanks!!!!

I second this, the Dunes has a few cool holes but it's nothing like Dacotah Ridge.

Didn't love Mississippi Dunes either. Some of the hole routing is interesting but it just seemed like you end up playing to one small elevated green after another. Do want to play Dacotah Ridge someday.

Can't thank you guys enough for your recommendations! We got a tee time at Dacotah Ridge and made the decision to scrap the Rush Creek idea regardless of if they're able to re-open after the flood or not. Even if they do re-open their conditions will not be great. Not to mention, Dacotah Ridge fall rates have us paying just $56 for 18/cart! That's $100 cheaper than Rush Creek this weekend....seemed like a no brainer to us. We will definitely need to get back up there to play Rush Creek next year though, place looks awesome!

Now that we're getting a little closer I thought it would be a good time to take roll call to see who's all going to be around Ryder Cup weekend.

Hox30, Perkis, Jjmorris and myself will be there. We're staying in Brooklyn Park and we're playing golf at Rush Creek (Maple Grove) on Friday, Troy Burne (Hudson, WI) on Saturday and then attending the Ryder Cup on Sunday. I believe the courses are going to be too busy/booked to include any more for golf, but we'd sure like to meet up with some THP'ers for some beers and Ryder Cup coverage when we're not on the course. Then of course on Sunday when we're running wild around Hazeltine we'd love to add to our posse.

I'm game on Saturday to meet up with you all.

Can't thank you guys enough for your recommendations! We got a tee time at Dacotah Ridge and made the decision to scrap the Rush Creek idea regardless of if they're able to re-open after the flood or not. Even if they do re-open their conditions will not be great. Not to mention, Dacotah Ridge fall rates have us paying just $56 for 18/cart! That's $100 cheaper than Rush Creek this weekend....seemed like a no brainer to us. We will definitely need to get back up there to play Rush Creek next year though, place looks awesome![/

Glad to hear it. We may need to do an unofficial Baker National/Rush Creek golf outing next summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I picked up a Ryder Cup ticket for Sunday. Wouldn't mind hangin' out with some THPer's at Hazeltine.

I picked up a Ryder Cup ticket for Sunday. Wouldn't mind hangin' out with some THPer's at Hazeltine.

Same. I'll be there somewhere. Probably on 15. We found a good spot during the practice rounds over there.

Can't thank you guys enough for your recommendations! We got a tee time at Dacotah Ridge and made the decision to scrap the Rush Creek idea regardless of if they're able to re-open after the flood or not. Even if they do re-open their conditions will not be great. Not to mention, Dacotah Ridge fall rates have us paying just $56 for 18/cart! That's $100 cheaper than Rush Creek this weekend....seemed like a no brainer to us. We will definitely need to get back up there to play Rush Creek next year though, place looks awesome!

Well...did you like Dacotah Ridge??

For those going today I am currently on the first green, back right side. Got the grey us hat and camo us pullover.

Well...did you like Dacotah Ridge??
YES! Thanks so much for the suggestion. What a great course, conditions were outstanding and the rate was great at $56 for 18/cart. Some tough holes for sure, but definitely a course with tons of character and challenges on each and every hole. We all agreed that it's a must we get back and play it again sometime!

Anybody want to golf Crystal Lake golf course this Saturday at 8:00 am with Schnergun and I??

Back