Minor League Baseball Team Names

Nice! Our local team already has a local craft brewery affiliated. They make great beer! I will buy theirs, at whatever price, rather than the big, national swill! Still, you can enjoy some pretty good baseball on the cheap!

Wasn’t aware of this team in my backyard until recently. I like it!
1623084320579.jpeg

untitled 2.png

I like the El Paso Chihuahuas logo. San Diego's AAA team.

A new leader in the clubhouse. The Morehead City Marlins, who play as the Fish Tacos, suited up in their alternate uniforms as the MotorBoaters.

IMG_9492.jpeg

My hometown minor league baseball team announced they were changing their name to the Burlington Sock Puppets! 😳🤔👎 You might remember them as the Burlington Indians (Cleveland affiliate) in the movie Bull Durham. They were purchased by the KC Royals in the mid-2000s and became the Burlington Royals. Several MLB Hall of Famers have made stops in Burlington... Jim Thome, Manny Ramirez, CC Sabathia, Bartolo Colon. They are now unaffiliated and decided to rebrand themselves. Burlington had a booming textile industry including big manufactures like Cone and Gold Toe, so I understand the homage. But, couldn’t you choose the Blue Sox, Gold Sox etc.?! Burlington is also the home of Lab Corp, so why not a take off that? You hear about weird minor league team names a lot. What is your opinion? What’s the weirdest minor league team name you heard of?

View attachment 8991343
Hahaha, my son is a minor league baseball team aficionado. The Sock Puppets are one of his favorite logos along with the Montgomery Biscuits.... Here in CT we've got the Hartford Yard Goats (named for the switch engines that move the cars in the adjacent rail yard) They do a really nice job at the stadium and get pretty good attendance.

Lansing Lugnuts who have also Locos for Copa de la Diversion. Cool ballbark with apartments overlooking the outfield as well.

1686678656766.png
1686678784611.png1686678795005.png

IMG_9891.jpeg

The colors of the Lancing Locos reminded me of this! They are actually the San Antonio Missions, AA for the Padres, but they play under this name & with this jersey on every Thursday. For those who dont know, this is a play on traditional Mexican stereotype of grandmas & moms throwing sandals (chanclas) at their kids when they act up. With the hispanic & large Mexican population here in SA, it gives people a good laugh.

The colors of the Lancing Locos reminded me of this! They are actually the San Antonio Missions, AA for the Padres, but they play under this name & with this jersey on every Thursday. For those who dont know, this is a play on traditional Mexican stereotype of grandmas & moms throwing sandals (chanclas) at their kids when they act up. With the hispanic & large Mexican population here in SA, it gives people a good laugh.

I can vouch it wasn’t just Hispanic children who got hit with a flip-flop.

I can vouch it wasn’t just Hispanic children who got hit with a flip-flop.
Fact, my best friend since we were like 5 is Haitian. His mom has hit me multiple times with one.

IMG_8752.jpegIMG_8751.jpeg

The Wisconsin Udder Tuggers
IMG_1827.jpeg

We got tickets to the Savannah bananas at the beginning of May.

I got an email that I didn’t win in the lottery and took my daughter to school. Got home and wife told me she won. Stoked.

I need to get out to one of the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp games.

Well, there’s a recent story that a Dodger’s affiliate changed its name to a word that has a slang meaning of masturbation. So I’ll go with Masturbators as the weirdest name I know

Back