I generally disregard anything titled "Miracle Drug," but being that melanoma is in the family and my mom and grandma have both had it, this interests me.

THPing on Tapatalk

I've heard about aspirin preventing certain cancers, but overtime, it would have a serious damaging effect on the liver lol

Baby aspirin is safe for nearly all. It's prescribed for reducing risk of stroke and heart attack for many at risk; high blood pressure, a major treatment for those at risk of blood clots, is a frontline treatment for some forms of Leukemia and significantly improves life expectancy for many at extremely low risk of side effects.

Aspirin's utility is growing into an impressively long list and risk of adverse effects are extremely low. Any pill you take, vitamin, acetaminophen and virtually any OTC drug are likely to have greater risks. Of course your mileage may vary, always consult a physician.

Anyway, this usage for melanoma is new and of interest to anyone out in the sun a lot.

I think it's fantastic that something invented many many years ago is still a go to in the medical industry, especially it has very few side effects. I hope it continues to cure ailments! Go Aspirin.

Baby aspirin is safe for nearly all. It's prescribed for reducing risk of stroke and heart attack for many at risk; high blood pressure, a major treatment for those at risk of blood clots, is a frontline treatment for some forms of Leukemia and significantly improves life expectancy for many at extremely low risk of side effects.

Aspirin's utility is growing into an impressively long list and risk of adverse effects are extremely low. Any pill you take, vitamin, acetaminophen and virtually any OTC drug are likely to have greater risks. Of course your mileage may vary, always consult a physician.

Anyway, this usage for melanoma is new and of interest to anyone out in the sun a lot.

I've had and still are having issues with sun damage. At my age I certainly need to get on the one a day aspirin diet :thumb:

I've had and still are having issues with sun damage. At my age I certainly need to get on the one a day aspirin diet :thumb:

I have been taking one "baby" aspirin daily for years, sounds like I need to throw in a couple of grown up aspirins per week as well.

Back