Mitsubishi TENSEI TENSEI 1K Pro Red

Their Online Shaft Fitting tool recommended 1K Pro Red, so who am I to dispute it? 🤣

Currently playing the AV Blue, but the Red is an interesting profile. Definitely curious about this one.

Hard ponder on this one too for the Mitsubishi Experience, even though Tensei and I haven’t historically been besties haha

The profile of this shaft definitely interests me.

Think about this in a 19 degree UW.. in a 80TX..

Not many heavier “red” profiles out there..

I've been testing this shaft out for a few weeks now in my 3 wood. Had been playing an 80x ADTP at 43", built this one 80x tipped half an inch at 42.25". For reference, I swing about 105-110 with a driver.

TL;DR : Fires lasers and is easy to swing yet will hold up to my 110% swing when needed. Great fairway shaft.

This shaft is a revelation. Easy to load/swing, but it'll hold up to whatever I throw at it if I step on it. Feel is very smooth and linear, and it doesn't have a distinct kick that I can feel, unlike the ADTP which I feel kicks strongly. The best part of the shaft, for my swing anyway, is the lasers that come off it. Ball flight is strong, doesn't balloon, and just goes arrow straight. The TP didn't like to hold its line nearly as well. Actually was on or at the back fringe in 2 on two par 5s yesterday. That hasn't happened in awhile. Might still be in the honeymoon phase, but I don't see this leaving the bag anytime soon and may experiment with one in the driver.

Using a full swing kit LM and hitting into a net, peak and average ball speeds were higher with the TP1K Red than the longer shafted TP as well.

I'd say it almost feels like a tighter LA golf DJ shaft with better dispersion. Great shaft!

I've been testing this shaft out for a few weeks now in my 3 wood. Had been playing an 80x ADTP at 43", built this one 80x tipped half an inch at 42.25". For reference, I swing about 105-110 with a driver.

TL;DR : Fires lasers and is easy to swing yet will hold up to my 110% swing when needed. Great fairway shaft.

This shaft is a revelation. Easy to load/swing, but it'll hold up to whatever I throw at it if I step on it. Feel is very smooth and linear, and it doesn't have a distinct kick that I can feel, unlike the ADTP which I feel kicks strongly. The best part of the shaft, for my swing anyway, is the lasers that come off it. Ball flight is strong, doesn't balloon, and just goes arrow straight. The TP didn't like to hold its line nearly as well. Actually was on or at the back fringe in 2 on two par 5s yesterday. That hasn't happened in awhile. Might still be in the honeymoon phase, but I don't see this leaving the bag anytime soon and may experiment with one in the driver.

Using a full swing kit LM and hitting into a net, peak and average ball speeds were higher with the TP1K Red than the longer shafted TP as well.

I'd say it almost feels like a tighter LA golf DJ shaft with better dispersion. Great shaft!
Very nice feedback! Thank you for sharing!

This is what I went with for the upcoming Mitsubishi Experience, I’m pretty excited to work with it!

Very nice feedback! Thank you for sharing!

This is what I went with for the upcoming Mitsubishi Experience, I’m pretty excited to work with it!
Hope it works for you. I bought and tried the lin-q red (I see you have a version of this in your driver) tspx for this club as well, and I think the tensei was faster and more consistent for me. Obviously, YMMV.

What was really shocking is I didn't care for most of the 1k pro lineup. I like the 1k black quite a bit and have that in my 5 wood and had it in my driver last year, but I thought the white, orange, and blue were almost too stiff in a plastic-y sort of feeling way, if that makes sense. They performed fine, but I didn't care for how they felt.

Full disclosure, I may have a shaft/tinkering problem, almost to the point of if something isn't broke, I should still try to make it better, right?

Hope it works for you. I bought and tried the lin-q red (I see you have a version of this in your driver) tspx for this club as well, and I think the tensei was faster and more consistent for me. Obviously, YMMV.

What was really shocking is I didn't care for most of the 1k pro lineup. I like the 1k black quite a bit and have that in my 5 wood and had it in my driver last year, but I thought the white, orange, and blue were almost too stiff in a plastic-y sort of feeling way, if that makes sense. They performed fine, but I didn't care for how they felt.

Full disclosure, I may have a shaft/tinkering problem, almost to the point of if something isn't broke, I should still try to make it better, right?
Hahaha, you’re in the right place then, because we ALL keep trying to fix what doesn’t need to be fixed here haha!

Back