Mixed Tour Event??

Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
Meaning a PGA player paired with an LPGA Player. Do you think this happens soon? Would you watch? Any teams you think would be really cool to watch? Where should it be played? Maybe a really cool unique track to help build an audience and get the biggest names to play?

I probably would given the fact that I also watched Barkley, Manning play. Would need to have 2 entertaining women, or some good rivalry. Pit the Korda sisters against each other would be intriguing.

Personally I really hope this happens soon and would help grow the game and yes I'd definitely watch. I think putting it at an exclusive, seldom seen course would help attract the biggest names and viewers. Something like Pine Valley or Cypress Point, along those lines.

I would watch for sure. I use to enjoy the Wendy's 3 Tour Challenge and it was a lot of fun.

I'd love to see a mix of generations too.

Pair up like Bryson & Lexie but also have teams like Mickelson and Annika. Could even get senior teams and let them play up a tee box or something.

I could watch a two day event. I just can’t see the buy in from the PGA to compete in a four day event. The LPGA would absolutely love this. I would want to see alternate shot though.

I probably would given the fact that I also watched Barkley, Manning play. Would need to have 2 entertaining women, or some good rivalry. Pit the Korda sisters against each other would be intriguing.

I'm more talking about at least a limited-field event. But I absolutely think The Match should have some women included at some point.

I could watch a two day event. I just can’t see the buy in from the PGA to compete in a four day event. The LPGA would absolutely love this. I would want to see alternate shot though.

Agreed that a 2-Day Event seems right.

I also think the Olympics should be a Team Event with the Top Male/Female from the countries paired up. But different idea.

I'd watch it. I know they've tried similar stuff before, but I think it'd be cool to try and bring attention to some of the great women golfers out there.

Being a big LPGA fan, I would enjoy it as long as it were some fun and interesting formats. Alt shot type stuff.

I would love to see this and would want my kid to watch with me. He somehow thinks only men can play as seen on the range the other day when a lady arrived there to practice and blurted out loudly that women are not allowed to play golf. Thankfully she did not hear him and he and I had a little conversation.

Would having it at a great course make you more likely to watch it, or still no?
It would depend on the course and the courses that would draw me in I don't think would host this type of event. Maybe I'm wrong.

Would definitely watch a mixed tour event. It’s more interesting than parent -child, celebrity - pros or extremely limited field events. I watch lots of golf; I don’t watch them.

I’d watch just because it’s something different and would probably be a lot of fun. Including different formats like alt shot and better ball and mic up players would be fun to see

I would absolutely watch

Bring back the JC Penney Classic, played in the 60s thru the 90s. John Daly/Laura Davies were the last winners in 1999. Davis Love III, Fred Couples, Tom Kite, Curtis Strange were also part of winning teams. The course they played in the 90s was Innisbrook in Florida. I'd watch, but with the year long wrap around schedules they now have, finding a time to play it would be difficult.

I think this would be fun as something like the Zurich where each player picks his partner. I'd probably watch

Hoping they get some LPGA players in an upcoming The Match

Meaning a PGA player paired with an LPGA Player. Do you think this happens soon? Would you watch? Any teams you think would be really cool to watch? Where should it be played? Maybe a really cool unique track to help build an audience and get the biggest names to play?

I’d love to see a real tournament featured yearly on the Tour where this would occur... not a Pro-am or play around deal either but a real tour event .....I think it would be great TV and would garner a lot of attention.

Back