I think I would like mine more if I had them re-shafted.
I needed to reshaft mine as the X-flex were a little harsh after I broke my arm. And my swing speed has slowed. So I chose to just get the 923 HM with new stiff shafts instead. I now am getting the same distances as I was getting before. But it may have been more do to the shafts than the head.

I love mine and to be honest don't find the 923 are any kind of improvement.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

C-Taper Lites in S. I feel like the counterbalancing is offing me.
What was the original thought going with this set up? I suspect you might be losing the feel of where the head is at the top and not able to transition into the ball with confidence

What was the original thought going with this set up? I suspect you might be losing the feel of where the head is at the top and not able to transition into the ball with confidence
You nailed it.
When I got fit, they gave me a bunch of shaft options and this was the best in terms of 'performance'. I think when I am swinging out of my shoes it works, but I sometimes just also get the sensation that they're too stiff for me.

You nailed it.
When I got fit, they gave me a bunch of shaft options and this was the best in terms of 'performance'. I think when I am swinging out of my shoes it works, but I sometimes just also get the sensation that they're too stiff for me.
Not sure of your options locally, but maybe sourcing some Tour 90’s should help. Recoils are also an option for weight and stability.

C-Taper Lites in S. I feel like the counterbalancing is offing me.
I had the C-Taper Lites in X flex and you definitely needed to have an aggressive swing to get the desired results. After I broke my arm I couldn't swing as aggressive and my scores suffered.

Playing project x io shaft in mine and love them. 5.5 flex with about 84mph 7 iron speed.
I don't load the shaft a ton and prefer going softer even if I can handle a stiff.

I had the C-Taper Lites in X flex and you definitely needed to have an aggressive swing to get the desired results. After I broke my arm I couldn't swing as aggressive and my scores suffered.
Yea - I really feel like when I got fitted, my swing was in a place where I had to swing out of my shoes to get a good contact, and am slowly changing from that with lessons. So I am assuming these shafts were the ones that just reacted best to my snap acceleration.

Just when I think it’s time to tinker and find some new irons, these shine for me. I’ve been working on being more consistent with my irons and these allowed me to hit some shots today. Early on it was a little soggy and they handled the turf perfectly. As the round went on, I hit some great shots to help save a score or get back into position. On 18 I was 178 into the green and pulled the 6 out of the rough/dirt patch. I still managed to get the ball to stop where it landed (thank you CSX) and the sole handled the less than ideal lie.
Now that I can practice and play more, I’m hopeful to get these even more dialed in.

Love the feel and looks and performance of these irons.
First time in a while I have no upgrade desires.
Even the ZX7 didn't have me feel that way as I always felt I was leaving a bit of distance and forgiveness on the table in search of looks and feel.
The 921 HMP were my 1st purchase and while they performed well the feel and look didn't quite match the 921 forged. Also did not get enough spin on them.

These really are best of all worlds.

I was 128yrd from the pin hitting into a headwind which I felt was 2 clubs. Pulled out my Forged 921 9 iron, took a few looks, little waggle and hit the ProV flush. Hit it high into the wind, watched the ball climb and have the wind hold it then drop it. The ball landed 14" from the cup dead stop. I think the wind killed the spin and allowed the ball to drop without any movement. The 921Fs are so predictable I have full confidence approaching the greens from and position.

Another great day today. Huge wind again, but that's golf. Got to the par 3 148 into the wind, 2 club wind again! This time I brought out the 921F 8 iron, thinking I'd drill the ball into the wind and let the ball penetrate and drop. Nice 3/4 swing, cupped the ball, it just soared into the brisk wind fighting directly towards the flag. Final result is the ProV 1ft past the flag.

I will only play Mizuno's since they are just frighteningly solid.

A half decent round today with my JPX-921 Hot Metals. Finally refinding a bit of success with them again after some early season struggles this year. Better ball striking, better distances. Fewer mishits.

The biggest issue I have been running into is with my PW and GW. I've had my hangups about the GW, wish it had more forgiveness built into it (more like the PW). PW and GW use to be my absolute favorite irons in my old Wilson Staff C200s that I had prior to the hot metals. I would hit partial PW and GW with ease, and i just straight up have problems with the Mizunos with those shots.

Been playing my 921 forged all year HCP at its lowest 4.2

Played with a friend at a local muni and couldn't get to my bag as was an hour away and was last minute. Grabbed my old 921 HMP. Forgot how much I liked them.

Shot 72 with 4 Birdies. Hit 14 greens.
My only issues with them and why I went forged was my home course has hard fast greens so need a bit more launch and spin which the forged gave me.

On an average course these are money.
Of the 4 greens I missed one was on a 425 yard he and was pin high 30 feet from the pin but 4 yards off the green.

One was a 180 yard par 3 I hit think and came up 5 yards short.

On was a par 5 where I chunked a long wedge and came up on short fringe. So not the irons fault. And another was a thinned lob wedge from 80 yards over the back.

Think these clubs are money for anyone who doesn't need help with height and spin. Straight as a n arrow long and forgiving and high enough with enough spin for most courses.

It’s funny how your iron swing come as and goes, at least for me. For the longest time the long irons (5 & 6 especially) were a 50/50 proposition at best. Lately, they are becoming clubs I can rely on and has really opened up my game. I’m still amazed at the forgiveness packed into these clubs for such a small footprint. The sole interacts with the turf as well as any thing out there. Distance wise they are as long as anything I’ve played and I’m still about 1/2 to a full club longer with this set.

It’s funny how your iron swing come as and goes, at least for me. For the longest time the long irons (5 & 6 especially) were a 50/50 proposition at best. Lately, they are becoming clubs I can rely on and has really opened up my game. I’m still amazed at the forgiveness packed into these clubs for such a small footprint. The sole interacts with the turf as well as any thing out there. Distance wise they are as long as anything I’ve played and I’m still about 1/2 to a full club longer with this set.
The funniest thing this season, and most of last, the 4/5/6 irons have been the most consistent for me. Where I get messed up is 7 to GW.

Its a great feeling hitting a 5 or 6 iron exactly how you hoped. Its something that has been happening more often than not.

I have no clue what is going on, but this is 6 rounds now where these irons have absolutely come to life. I've worked hard on my swing to make better contact with my irons (long irons especially) but I am now getting a ton of confidence with my 921 Forged set. I have not been this comfortable with an iron since the Apex CF-19 line. The ball speeds I am seeing is pretty crazy and more importantly the turf interaction has been the real surprise. I want to tinker, but right now with not much golf left for me, I am going to sit tight and enjoy the ride.

921 forged have now gotten me down to a 3.7 index.
Had not been below 5.5 in my 30 years of golf prior.

921 forged have now gotten me down to a 3.7 index.
Had not been below 5.5 in my 30 years of golf prior.

Thats awesome to hear! Congrats!!!

The past 2 - 3 outings with my 921 Hot Metals, I have really been hitting them well. Not pressing and trying to swing hard, but being smoother with better tempo.

A tiny bit ball positioning, a smoother feeling swing, and a really good feeling finish/follow through, has led to probably the best ball striking I have had so far this season.

5-6 irons have started coming around, and I don't know that there is any feeling I dig more right now than a well hit long iron.

Hitting more greens from 150+. Better proximity to the pin overall. It really feels as if things are starting to come together!

I have no clue what is going on, but this is 6 rounds now where these irons have absolutely come to life. I've worked hard on my swing to make better contact with my irons (long irons especially) but I am now getting a ton of confidence with my 921 Forged set. I have not been this comfortable with an iron since the Apex CF-19 line. The ball speeds I am seeing is pretty crazy and more importantly the turf interaction has been the real surprise. I want to tinker, but right now with not much golf left for me, I am going to sit tight and enjoy the ride.
Nice Mike! glad these are working so well for you. They've always felt good to me everytime I've tried them. Not that I have a swing for the Forged set :ROFLMAO:

27 holes this weekend with the 921 Hot Metals.

4 iron off the tee? Couldn't have hit it any better this weekend. Flighted high and low.

5-6 iron. Reasonably reliable. More good than bad. Struggled at times with decent contact, but if I thin one, still reliable distance for what I was wanting out of a proper shot.

7/8/9/PW/GW - Here is where things get bad. Zero confidence here right now. Bad contact, chunks, thins, spraying everywhere. I have never had so much trouble from 150 in as I am having this year. Even 100 yds, I can pepper the practice green all day long, eyes closed no problem. Get on a course, i will miss that green 20 yards short or 20 yards left/right.... on greens that are 3x larger than the practice green.

Starting to get desparate, gripping everything too tight, and thinking about it all too much.

Time to start getting a lesson scheduled. Get things looked at and fixed. It usually is just something small but I think its time.

Love the 921 forged.
Won my senior club championship with them shooting 72 on final round with 14 GIR.
They are long forgiving yet workable and have more than enough spin which was a bit of an issue with the HMP and forged tec 2020 model

Picked up some 921 tours for the 2nd time. Getting them re-built this week with fresh ferrules, grips and shafts. Really looking forward to playing them again. Absolutely loved them the first time around.

Back