Played a par 4 today, and had a terrible drive. Needed to go 220 yards to get the green. Pulled out my 921F 5 iron. Laid into a nice swing tight draw of 10ft and had the ball come to rest 12ft from the pin.

Mizuno's rock.

The more I use these irons over the past couple years, the more I want to hit the long irons on the course. 4 iron primarily off the tee, but 5 and 6 irons from the tee and fairway, I just really want to hit them more and more.

I don't rhink there is any better feeling for me right now than a well struck 5 or 6, that takes off and just goes and goes. Without a doubt the 921 hms have been great for my game in those long iron slots. They suit my eye great, and even without a perfect swing, I keep getting shots that just surprise me, like "wow did I just do that?"

This year has been a struggle score wise for sure, but I am definitely not dropping shots with my irons like I used to!

Just picked up a set of 921 Hot Metals with graphite recoil 95 f3 shafts. They were listed as standard length and lie, but I measured the 7i at 37.5. Anyone know if the stock graphite shafts come in .5in longer than the steel shafts?

Just picked up a set of 921 Hot Metals with graphite recoil 95 f3 shafts. They were listed as standard length and lie, but I measured the 7i at 37.5. Anyone know if the stock graphite shafts come in .5in longer than the steel shafts?
Congratulations on the purchase! 921 Hot Metals with Recoils should be an awesome combo (it is definitely what I had hoped to be fit into.

The graphite shouldn't be longer by stock length.. Stock length is 6 iron 37.5", 7 iron 37" on the 921's I believe.

Thanks! I got a pretty darn good deal on them, so might keep them and cut them or just choke up on them a little bit. Was deciding between these and the 2019 T300s

921 forged have now gotten me down to a 3.7 index.
Had not been below 5.5 in my 30 years of golf prior.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk
Best irons on the market bar none.

Hit a 4 iron during my last round that got me a GIR on a stupid uphill par 4.... that I may have never had a GIR on before.

How did I capitalize? 3 putted for bogey.Screenshot_20230907_203805_Shot Scope.jpg

Played today. 921F's were on the money. Draw, fade, high and low ball movement was awesome. Nice par three playing 140 uphill, pin in the back. 9 iron, flew it high little draw about 10-12ft, ball landed soft with 4 inches tap in bird.

Still quite rare for me to actually bottom my swing in the right place, but when I do, these clubs still feel great - especially those 4/5 irons

This latter part of this year has been a struggle with the 921 Hot Metals. On the course it has been passable. At the range, trying to practice and work on things? Complete junk.

In the back of my head, I keep thinking about graphite shafts, and how much I regret not getting them. The Neo GH shafts I was fit into, they are fine, I just have a harder time feeling connected with them. Though my previous graphite shafts I could feel where the head wise.

Mishits are creeping up in frequency, and the big fade is coming back. They can't all go straight, but until swing issues popped up I had no problems hitting a cut on a misshit.

4 iron off the tee is still great, 5 and 6 from the fairway are doing good. Its 7 to AW giving me fits. If there were an award for hitting all your clubs the same distance.... i would be a frontrunner.

Just picked up a brand new set of 921 forged with modus 120 s for 500 uk just hoping theyre all I’ve heard they are

Back in CA for a bit and played my 921 HMPs with Recoil 95s.

Hit a lot of greens!

:)

Back in CA for a bit and played my 921 HMPs with Recoil 95s.

Hit a lot of greens!

:)
With my new 921F's I'm now shooting par at the links. Best feel and sound of any iron I've ever used. Spin and descent angle get those greens held. All the new irons are nice but the Mizuno's are in a league of their own. The 921F's are long and forgiving. If you like to score low these should be on your short list.

Every time I think it's time to go search for the next set of irons, these perk up and say "not so fast my friend". My irons are arguably the weakest part of my game and these manage to hide a ton of flaws. What I keep coming back to is the distance I am getting out of these from mishits and the ability to scramble knowing hitting it at or near center gives me some stupid numbers. I had a tee shot flare right on me today and left me about 178 to the middle of the green. Anything short would give a not so fun uphill chip shot, right would be eaten up by some deep bunkers. I was able to get my 6i to the top shelf and two putt for par. A few other iron shots come to mind but overall whatever I do in 2024 needs to be special to knock these out of the bag.

First year I haven't had urge to switch to newer irons.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I really like shiny and new, but I just can't seem to get the courage to make a change from my 921 Forged irons. Forgiveness on mishits is there, distance is there and since I have had these in the bag, I've played courses i'm familiar with and I am at least 1/2 a club if not a full club longer on center strikes. GIR is the weakness of my game but my last round I hit 5 greens and another 3 were just short or off to the side in the fringe. Turf interaction is ideal and when I get out of my way and swing easy, these irons deliver.

I am sure I will test out new 2024 gear, but it is going to take something special to knock these out. These came out in September of 2020 and I have had them in the bag since the fall of 2020. That is the longest run of irons in my bag. Only my CF-16 Apex irons lasted as long.

My kid plays the 921 HM's. Weird, half the time listening I think he missed it, the ball goes right on line.

Back