Mizuno JPX-EZ Irons Review

Good review Jake, I guess the new trend or the new norm is aggressive lofts with some forgiveness mixed in. Seems Mizzy found their set and made them look good. My only fear would be the finish coming off the iron.

due to holidays and winter weather here. im ordering one club per pay check here from a local shop
i have the 4 fli hi ordered, next will be the 5 fil hi, then 6-9. there is no real discount for ordering the entire set at once
and having a frequent buyer key chain card allows me a bonus for every 300 dollars spent. win for me in the end when spring comes around
i havent seen much out there on the jpx fli hi for this year so when it gets here ill put some photos up of it

I am in the market and have really narrowed the field to these and the PING G25. One of the things that has me leaning toward the PINGs are they combo set with Hybrids. Any thoughts?

I am in the market and have really narrowed the field to these and the PING G25. One of the things that has me leaning toward the PINGs are they combo set with Hybrids. Any thoughts?
I'll say that the long irons in this set are extremely easy to hit. I found them to be long, accurate and I hit the ball quite long with them. It all comes down to personal preference though, are you more comfortable for a 4 iron in your hand or a 4 hybrid?

Funny, I am a 26 handicap and I think I hit 3 iron better than hybrid, but I am sure it is mental. I am going to go be fitted and hit both and see which one I like better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

get the set up with some of the mizuno fli hi which are suppose to be iron replacements and hit similar distance as the iron equivelant i.i.r.c.

You can get the JPX EZ's combo sets, my set is JPX Fli Hi 4 and 5 and then 6-PW in the irons. Bare with me and I'll post some pics up of the Fli Hi's later. They might be my favorite hybrids I've ever hit, I used the 4 several times off the tee Sunday and it was automatic, I also hit a really good little punch shot with it out of the trees, threaded it through and it ran out really nicely for me when it hit the fairway. In my first post on these I stated I didn't hit them any off the deck during my round but I misspoke. I hit the 5 once from the rough, put a terrible swing on it and just barely came up short of the green. I'll have those pics up for you later.

Last edited:
get the set up with some of the mizuno fli hi which are suppose to be iron replacements and hit similar distance as the iron equivelant i.i.r.c.

You are correct, these are different than the JPX EZ hybrids like the one Luke Donald has in his bag. Mine came shafted with the True Temper XP 105 shafts like the ones in my irons which makes for better distance gapping, and don't let the steel shafts scare anyone off, they get the ball up in the air just fine.

Thanks for all the info and updates. I didn't go get fitted this week, but plan on going on the 19th.

Here are a few pics of the Fli Hi's at address

7 Iron works pretty darn well too!

Good stuff, Bogey! Are the JPX EZ still treating you well? Mizuno is supposed to be at a local demo day tomorrow and I'm going to give these a try. I like the color scheme on the cavities, they match my golf bag perfectly. :cool:

Haven't had a chance to demo these particular Mizzies but if they're like the mx line or the 800 or 825s then they probably leave a lot to be desired in the distance category.

I just bought a set and wondering if there are more members using theses irons?

Not that I'm aware of. But be sure to let us know your thoughts as you get time with them, congrats on the new sticks!

I play the 825s and like them

Not that I'm aware of. But be sure to let us know your thoughts as you get time with them, congrats on the new sticks!

Will do Jman and thank you for the response.

I play the 825s and like them

FWIW, the EZ's aren't a continuation of the 800 line, they were designed as a completely different line. I much prefer the 800's to the EZ's.

FWIW, the EZ's aren't a continuation of the 800 line, they were designed as a completely different line. I much prefer the 800's to the EZ's.

Hmm learn something everyday

I'm AdamW238/283 and I approve this post

I use them, I came from a set of 714 AP2s, the EZs make the game so much easier and enjoyable for me, so easy to hit, very very forgiving and very long, ok they are big and have a lot of offset but it took me no more than a round to get used to them, brilliant irons and Mizuno will have to a long way to beat these, the new 850s do look good, ( non forged version) might try those but won't be selling my EZs...oh and I play off 8.7 (uk handicap) ...Mark Crossfield off you tube uses these as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been playing these for about six months and love them. Had the 800 Pros before these, and the EZs give me much more forgiveness across the face and a nice high launch. On off center strikes I do not have a significant loss in distance. My biggest concern was being able to flight the ball lower when necessary, but this has not been an issue.

Back