Mizuno JPX919 Irons

The size looks so close to me, you can see a few minor detail differences. Need to see these in person.

I wonder how the HM Pro fits into the lineup. It almost seems like it would fill the same slot as the 919 Forged, except that it would blend in better with the HM.

HM Pro looks great as a 4i to go with the 919F.

HM Pro looks great as a 4i to go with the 919F.

Except the HM 4-iron loft is 20° and the 919F 5-iron is 25° - some adjustments need to be made unless you want that huge gap.

Except the HM 4-iron loft is 20° and the 919F 5-iron is 25° - some adjustments need to be made unless you want that huge gap.

Just order the 5 iron hm and then 5-pw/gw in the forged. The 5 hm is 23 correct? Then bend it strong to 22 haha. Or do original idea and bend the 5 forged to 24. Then you have 4* gaps throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The size looks so close to me, you can see a few minor detail differences. Need to see these in person.

Yeah, I'm confused on how they fit in as well... just a bit smaller and less offset than the regular HMs?

The forged were too spinny for me. I wonder where the pros will fit in?

Yeah, I'm confused on how they fit in as well... just a bit smaller and less offset than the regular HMs?

The forged were too spinny for me. I wonder where the pros will fit in?

Was the spinny the shaft? I was getting 5600 rpm from 7i. Not too spinny.

Weaken it a degree or two and add some bounce - not a bad thing.

I've heard sometime in Feb, but that might not be official.

I might need to check them out, also want to hit the 919 forged allthough I probably dont have the game for them that hasnt stopped me from watching some on ebay

I might need to check them out, also want to hit the 919 forged allthough I probably dont have the game for them that hasnt stopped me from watching some on ebay
I think you could. They got some extra spin in them and are a solid all around iron.

I think you could. They got some extra spin in them and are a solid all around iron.

extra spin sounds lovely.

How much more over the regular hotmetal you think?

extra spin sounds lovely.

How much more over the regular hotmetal you think?
I haven't hit the hot metals, so I wouldn't be the one to answer that. I have seen some stuff out there that they are within 100 rpm, but everyone's results will vary. I will say compared to a lot of other irons out there today in the same realm, they spun a little more for me (which I remedied with a L/L shaft pairing).

Weaken it a degree or two and add some bounce - not a bad thing.

Yes, they'd have to be ordered that way from Mizuno and bent by them.

They are essentially identical in size to the 919 Forged. For players wanting to stay with a cast club, but not needing the offset and blade size of the regular HM's, these would be it. Not sure about spin data, but the lofts are the same for both as far as I know.

Yes, they'd have to be ordered that way from Mizuno and bent by them.

They are essentially identical in size to the 919 Forged. For players wanting to stay with a cast club, but not needing the offset and blade size of the regular HM's, these would be it. Not sure about spin data, but the lofts are the same for both as far as I know.

A prior post in this thread stated that the HM Pros have the same loft as the HMs, but smaller profile and less offset. If they are the same loft as the HMs, the HM Pros would have stronger lofts than the 919 Forged.

A prior post in this thread stated that the HM Pros have the same loft as the HMs, but smaller profile and less offset. If they are the same loft as the HMs, the HM Pros would have stronger lofts than the 919 Forged.

That is correct. Same size as the Forged, same lofts for both HM sets. The Pro gets the benefit of the regular HM, but in a smaller package.

Spin wise when I was fitted I was spinning HM’s at 55-5600. The forged I was only getting another 2-300. I haven’t had any issues holding greens at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

919F are good from low to mid capper - rather forgiving.

919F are good from low to mid capper - rather forgiving.

Agreed. The 919 Forged are really good irons that many could use successfully.

Good to hear. Gonna try them out this spring for sure

Heck, I'm playing them; can't be that difficult. Picked up a club or more in distance, too.

any idea when they come out?

I listened to a podcast a few months ago, and the Head of Mizuno club design mentioned February as the date for a new release including HM Pro.

Back