On HMP, how's the front/back consistency? Any regrets not getting or waiting for 923 forged?
I was lucky enough to be a participant in The Victory Cup presented by Mizuno experience and was provided my HMPs and T22 wedges. The forged was not made available to us as a choice. No biggie because I'm super happy to have the HMPs in my bag. I love the way they look at address and they perform extremely well for me. Front/back consistency? As far as the look of the club?

I was lucky enough to be a participant in The Victory Cup presented by Mizuno experience and was provided my HMPs and T22 wedges. The forged was not made available to us as a choice. No biggie because I'm super happy to have the HMPs in my bag. I love the way they look at address and they perform extremely well for me. Front/back consistency? As far as the look of the club?

Distance...... fairly tight and predictable or erratic.....if you've had success, I'd think the latter

Distance...... fairly tight and predictable or erratic.....if you've had success, I'd think the latter
Ahh yes very tight and predictable. Definitely longer than my previous set of irons P790 (2019). And now I see what everyone talks about when they say that Mizuno feel. These irons are really good for me. You can't go wrong with any version of the 923s or the Pros.

If I’m wanting to buy ferrules for a new shaft install is .355 Taper Tip what I’m looking for?

My two career best rounds have happened in my last 25 rounds using the JPX 921 forged with a 70 and 72 both on par 72 courses.

I can't imagine finding a better club but if the 923 forged is better all of yous who bought it enjoy!

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

My 923 Hot Metals arrived about two weeks ago. Have put a just a little bit of mileage on them since they arrived; four rounds and seven range sessions so some but not tons of thoughts. Lofts are 2.5° stronger than my 2014 Apex's they replaced so distances are (sometimes) longer. I say that because I'm sometimes seeing a half to a club longer on some shots, but then the same distance as my Apex for others and the part that makes me nervous is the 10-15 yards longer AND shorter than normal shots I'm hitting.

Needless to say I'm still working on distance with them. Some examples:

PW Apex was 130 ave.
HM is 135 ave and my fliers are over 150 (had one again last night).

7i Apex was 162 ave.
HM is 173 ave with an oddly great feeling and sounding shot last night that went 144.

9i Apex was 142 ave
HM is 151 ave with a 163 yard flier last night.

Work in progress for sure, I'm an amateur so I'm well aware that I don't put the same swing on each time. However, the variance is more than I'd grown accustomed to and is something I need to figure out.

My 923 Hot Metals arrived about two weeks ago. Have put a just a little bit of mileage on them since they arrived; four rounds and seven range sessions so some but not tons of thoughts. Lofts are 2.5° stronger than my 2014 Apex's they replaced so distances are (sometimes) longer. I say that because I'm sometimes seeing a half to a club longer on some shots, but then the same distance as my Apex for others and the part that makes me nervous is the 10-15 yards longer AND shorter than normal shots I'm hitting.

Needless to say I'm still working on distance with them. Some examples:

PW Apex was 130 ave.
HM is 135 ave and my fliers are over 150 (had one again last night).

7i Apex was 162 ave.
HM is 173 ave with an oddly great feeling and sounding shot last night that went 144.

9i Apex was 142 ave
HM is 151 ave with a 163 yard flier last night.

Work in progress for sure, I'm an amateur so I'm well aware that I don't put the same swing on each time. However, the variance is more than I'd grown accustomed to and is something I need to figure out.

I think as time goes on, you will eliminate the fliers and become more consistent. My personal opinion is that it takes about 5-6 rounds and a few range sessions to get new clubs dialed in. I recently went through this after playing the Titleist T300's for almost 2 1/2 years. Switched to the Ping G430 HL and they are just starting to feel consistent after 5 rounds and lots of range time.

Initially, I was flying the greens with almost every club and then at other times, I was coming up short. Give it time, they will work for you.

I was able to check these out recently. I have played 919 tours in the past but I would 100% game the 923 forged. Very tempted to grab some. There are some 921 floating around I may have to pick up.

I still can't get over how forgiving these are on my toe misses.

This is a repost however look on how much better my JPX 923 HL are for me over the same period in 2022:
Data also shows that my move to the JPX 923 HL irons was the right move.
I'll tell you when I catch them Flush, they just go for me.

1684711154062.png

1684711203219.png

Getting comfortable with my HM's, had a great day on the course yesterday.

Just picked up a set of HMP 5-GW PX LZ 5.5 been used once but the guy fancied the forged so swapped them in! 550 quid UK he’s had them 2 weeks….could this be the clubs to kick out the TM PSI after 6+ years

Played a sim round with the HMP again after a week at Ballyhack and have the distances pretty figured out. There isn’t much I don’t like about them. Long, forgiving, sound good, look nice. Just impressed.

First round and I ask why haven’t I changed irons in the last few years! Though I’d chuck myself into the first big medal of the year…well 78 blows later and 2nd in the net I think I’m sold on these bad boys already! Now an s23 52 and 57 plus a mizzy 3 wood and I’m all in on the mizuno set up 😂

I’m looking to go “game improvement” or “players distance” and these HMPs keep coming to mind. It’s one of three sets i would consider. They look great

I’m looking to go “game improvement” or “players distance” and these HMPs keep coming to mind. It’s one of three sets i would consider. They look great
Do it! Now that I've had more time with them and swinging better these are some of the best irons of 2023 hands down.

Do it! Now that I've had more time with them and swinging better these are some of the best irons of 2023 hands down.
I know they are great. I chased irons this season from a previous release that I loved. Time to go back to baseline and start over. Only big issue for these is the pending release of 2 models

I've been getting twitchy and I feel a few JPX rounds coming on...

Loving my 923HL irons so far this year.
Little look at my approach shots 2022 vs. 2023:

2022:
1686263917206.png

2023:

1686263958021.png

Just a tad bit better.......

Love my 923 hm looks feel distance control confidence

Played another few rounds with the Hot Metal Pro irons.
Day 1 was the best ball striking I have had in quite some time.
Day 2 was a mess, but I was really tired as nothing was really clicking with the game.
Day 3 (today) I hit them pretty darn well today. Still working out some distances when I am not in the fairway, meaning those first cut shots where spin is knocked way down. They are just going forever, but still flying so high.

From the short grass I am getting really consistent distance. Starting at 135 with the PW, its 10 yards each iron that I move down and almost on the nose.

meaning those first cut shots where spin is knocked way down. They are just going forever, but still flying so high.
I know this situation well. I've hit some insanely long 7 and 8i from the first cut. I love them and they feel amazing but are definitely prone to flyers.

From the short grass I am getting really consistent distance. Starting at 135 with the PW, its 10 yards each iron that I move down and almost on the nose.
Yep, and we have very similar distances. I get maybe 5y more on average. But still the same 10y gaps. I really like that. Makes it very easy to manage a course from the short grass.

Back