Mizuno Pro 221, 223, 225 and Fli-Hi Irons

Within 3 holes , I knew today that 223s are replacing T100...
Tad bit bigger, shade more forgiving and slightly easier on tight fairway lies due to sole width....perfect iron for this lefty!!!
I replaced my t100s about a year ago with the 223 pro.

Can you tell me more about your experience? Turf interaction, forgiveness, feel, flight etc etc??

Thanks
Well all I get are tight lies in AZ, so turf interaction is not critical. However the seem to glide nice with the wider sole. Definitely more forgiving especially in the longer irons. Flight is mid high for me, similar to t100. The biggest things is I think they are more forgiving and the sole protects from the terrible shot.

Well all I get are tight lies in AZ, so turf interaction is not critical. However the seem to glide nice with the wider sole. Definitely more forgiving especially in the longer irons. Flight is mid high for me, similar to t100. The biggest things is I think they are more forgiving and the sole protects from the terrible shot.

YES!!! WHY did you wait so long to inform me? ;)

I truly think I needed to go through the i210s in 2021 and then T100 in 2022 to get here.....because I saw a ton of positives with both of those sets yet the 223 is kinda a blend ....leaning slightly towards T100

Your last line is HUGE for me ...... sole width protection WITHOUT being too much bounce or width.

Body wasn't totally up to snuff but is it ever at this point?
Had 4 really memorable shots that all lead to kick in birds
8i from 126 into Florida fan to 5ft,
7i from 135 into Florida fan to 6ft,
6i from 157 off deck and crossing breeze to 3ft and 5i from 163 into Florida fan that crashed into the pin rolling!!!
I literally said GO IN after strike , it was that good.....the other guy shouts " you hit the pin" but actually kicked away to about 2ft
Pictures are that result

20230214_145730.jpg20230214_145727.jpg20230214_145737.jpg

Body wasn't totally up to snuff but is it ever at this point?
Had 4 really memorable shots that all lead to kick in birds
8i from 126 into Florida fan to 5ft,
7i from 135 into Florida fan to 6ft,
6i from 157 off deck and crossing breeze to 3ft and 5i from 163 into Florida fan that crashed into the pin rolling!!!
I literally said GO IN after strike , it was that good.....the other guy shouts " you hit the pin" but actually kicked away to about 2ft
Pictures are that result

View attachment 9157777View attachment 9157778View attachment 9157779
Nice. The 223 are special

Mizuno makes some of the best looking sticks man. I got T22 which next to the ST I put in my driver rotation were the only mizuno I had. They look so clean and a forged wedge? Just yes.

the 225s are so good i made it through an entire release cycle unscathed. a tip of the cap to you, 225s. you da real mvp.

The Fli Hi in this set is the easiest long iron I’ve hit to date. So easy to use from deck and tee

Today was the day I said goodbye. It was a great year with the 223/221 combo for me. Thank you Mizuno. I'll be back.

What direction, full bore TCB?
Well I'll be playing them for a couple weeks because they're the only ones I own right now, but I'm going Srixon until the Morgan Cup Cobras arrive.

i got chatted up by a guy on the range today. i had already peeked in his bag a couple times because the bridgestone logo on his irons caught my eye, he had the old j40 dpc. so good!!! but he also had mizuno pro 225s in there, and he was asking me how i liked mine. he had dg 105 r300 in his, but seeing him swing i thought the recoil may work for him. so we traded, my 8i for his 4i. i took one swing with his 4i and roasted it. i know this range well, and i know my yardages. the 4i came out on the low side of mid, never really climbed much, but flew every bit as far as the 4 fli hi i have. so... looks like i'll be putting the 225 4i in the bag and seeing if it fits this ever-elusive gap i have between 5i and uw.

i got chatted up by a guy on the range today. i had already peeked in his bag a couple times because the bridgestone logo on his irons caught my eye, he had the old j40 dpc. so good!!! but he also had mizuno pro 225s in there, and he was asking me how i liked mine. he had dg 105 r300 in his, but seeing him swing i thought the recoil may work for him. so we traded, my 8i for his 4i. i took one swing with his 4i and roasted it. i know this range well, and i know my yardages. the 4i came out on the low side of mid, never really climbed much, but flew every bit as far as the 4 fli hi i have. so... looks like i'll be putting the 225 4i in the bag and seeing if it fits this ever-elusive gap i have between 5i and uw.
Sometimes range encounters can be great.
Will you go with the DG shaft in the 4i or Recoil like the rest of your set?

Sometimes range encounters can be great.
Will you go with the DG shaft in the 4i or Recoil like the rest of your set?

bruh, for whatever reason i'm a magnet for unsolicited advice. my go-to is usually, "i have an instructor and we're eating this elephant one bite at a time" or something like that. but it doesn't always work.

a little mea culpa, but when i placed my order for the victory cup i totally brain-farted and asked for a 4 fli hi AND a 4i. i have no idea what i was thinking, i should have asked for a 3 fli hi. i haven't even hit the 4i, but i still have it. it's shafted with the recoil 95 f4, same as the irons. so that bad boy will be going into the bag.

Last edited:
Still love my 223s as well. I'm pretty new to golf having only been playing about 2 years, but went from my first set of sim game improvement irons, to a set of apex DCB irons, and from there to the 223s. And there's just no comparison the feel is just completely different in a good way. They just inspire confidence for me compared to the other irons I've owned. I don't see myself going away from Mizuno irons anytime soon.

so about those black 225s…

225 4i was in the bag today. hit it twice and was so happy with the results. it’s a fun club to hit!

the 225 irons continue to be par 3 killers for me. i made some poor decisions, but hit the ball well and was rewarded with gir and easy pars.

i’m 6 months into the 225 and they’re still my girl. my eyes aren’t wandering. we’re going steady.

223s ....... just a phenomenal set. Outstanding feel throughout...... shotshaping on point and forgiveness is MUCH higher than size indicates!!

After bouncing back n forth with the lauded T100 irons , these weekend proved my decision to move forward with MP223 ....

Also a shaft change solidified consistency 10 fold and I REALLY to get out he these....

Went into the $taper lite and they're worth every stinkin penny.

Back