Mizuno RB Tour and RB Tour X Golf Ball Review Thread

Played the X today, the whole time. Distance, height, spin (on green) and spin on driver was REALLY good! We had a good amount of wind and it fought it good.

Purchased a dozen of the RB Tour X to give a go. Key interest is seeing how the iron spin is, as well as how it compares to ProV1x. Looking for height and spin as those are my 2 biggest weaknesses and curious if these offer help.

Going to put RB Tour back in play tomorrow. I've been playing a bunch of different balls lately trying to make sure I go with the best option to start 2024.

These certainly deserve another look.

Put the X in play today. It does its business in a very Pro V1x-esque way. Durability is vastly improved over the OG RB Tour X. The zx seemed to be stable in the light breeze too. Very happy all around.

Played a round with the RB X this last weekend. Really happy with it. Consistent ball. Really found myself liking the feel of it. Have some more rounds coming with it but I think itll be my ball for 2024

Played a round with the RB X this last weekend. Really happy with it. Consistent ball. Really found myself liking the feel of it. Have some more rounds coming with it but I think itll be my ball for 2024
I have enjoyed the RB Tour quite a bit myself.

I have enjoyed the RB Tour quite a bit myself.
I’ve got a few sleeves of them to try out as well. Just because!

Played today with the Tour X in a wet and brutal weather. The sand traps were in very bad shape. Hit the fairway and the ball would get so muddy so you were constantly cleaning it off.

12 holes until I put it in the water. But the ball was in great shape. The durability is so much better

I had a pretty interesting round today playing the RB Tour X. The greens are firm so I didn’t get to see what the ball could really do. Initial impressions are promising.

Driver distance is definitely a plus over my current gamer. I’d attribute that to less spin. Approach shots left only a few ball marks on the firm greens but when it did the ball didn’t stray as far as I would expect. I usually leave craters and my shallow ball marks tend to roll out much more. The apex looked higher and may have had something to do with sticking approaches close to my mark.

The rough at my course is penal right now, robbing loads of spin. The extra height and landing angle helped me out today when I played my approaches from the thick stuff. Short game shots rolled out more than my current gamer but it was also more predictable with no unexpected slam on the brakes type action. I think it’s a solid offering. I shot -2 net on the back 9 so I pretty much have to keep testing it out.

I had a pretty interesting round today playing the RB Tour X. The greens are firm so I didn’t get to see what the ball could really do. Initial impressions are promising.

Driver distance is definitely a plus over my current gamer. I’d attribute that to less spin. Approach shots left only a few ball marks on the firm greens but when it did the ball didn’t stray as far as I would expect. I usually leave craters and my shallow ball marks tend to roll out much more. The apex looked higher and may have had something to do with sticking approaches close to my mark.

The rough at my course is penal right now, robbing loads of spin. The extra height and landing angle helped me out today when I played my approaches from the thick stuff. Short game shots rolled out more than my current gamer but it was also more predictable with no unexpected slam on the brakes type action. I think it’s a solid offering. I shot -2 net on the back 9 so I pretty much have to keep testing it out.
CSX is your usual ball?

CSX is your usual ball?
Chrome Tour X now. I need to update my signature. But CSX before that, yes. I think the RB Tour X might play like the CSX for me. It kind of felt familiar. I’ll have to run it against some of my old CSX stock.

Back