Mizuno RB Tour and RB Tour X Golf Ball Review Thread

Not arguing with you, but the Mizuno USA site suggests (hard to be sure) the new ones look to be silver (or black if you use the RBX). I don't have any sleeves left of the old balls (and I don't have any of the new), so you may well be 100% correct, I was just over at the site, recalled this question and took a peak. Maybe the photos on their site are the old - and the developer/updater is not a golf person.
Hmm...

Not arguing with you, but the Mizuno USA site suggests (hard to be sure) the new ones look to be silver (or black if you use the RBX). I don't have any sleeves left of the old balls (and I don't have any of the new), so you may well be 100% correct, I was just over at the site, recalled this question and took a peak. Maybe the photos on their site are the old - and the developer/updater is not a golf person.
20230602_121150.jpg

New ^ Sleeves are similarly colored.

Screenshot_20230602_121309_Gallery.jpg

Old and same

I'm sure I had pictures in my initial video in this thread of the sample boxes. I had posted a ton before. If you give me about 5 minutes I can show you a pic of the actual sleeves but the box pics above are pretty much it

20230602_122113.jpg

These are the new ones. Old I've are silver box.

Going to be using the RB Tour next week at Ballyhack for a bit and each time I play it, I remark how much I like the action it gives.

Going to be using the RB Tour next week at Ballyhack for a bit and each time I play it, I remark how much I like the action it gives.

Which of the two (RB Tour and RB Tour X) do you think has the most greenside spin?

Which of the two (RB Tour and RB Tour X) do you think has the most greenside spin?
X, but at green side I didn't notice a huge amount of difference. A few hundred RPMs. As I moved further from the green, I saw a pretty big jump between the two.

X, but at green side I didn't notice a huge amount of difference. A few hundred RPMs. As I moved further from the green, I saw a pretty big jump between the two.

I thought X as well. Just wanted to get your read on it.

yeah, the spin is pretty wild. i've gone back to my previous gamer mainly because i need the alignment aid, but also the rb tour durability while improved over the previous gen is still not as good as my previous gamer.

I was given a sleeve of Tour X when I bought my S23 wedges.
Put it into play for 9 holes on Saturday.
Shot one of my better front 9's
Nice ball, got expected distances and the cover held up.
I would no issue playing them full time.
I've seen a couple of places have the cost under $40 a dozen.

Last edited:
Looking forward to hearing more about these golf balls soon.

You guys weren't wrong, the previous release sucks.
They weren't the best. Unique. Thankfully the new ones are quite a bit better.

The RB Tour is a severely underrated golf ball.

Going to get out with the Tour RB X this weekend. Hoping for good things.

IMG_2848.jpeg

Got out with the Tour X today. It performed well. Distance seemed to be close and I liked the feel. Green side spin was good. It was wet when we started so hard to tell. Played 18 with a single ball. It was a little beat up at then end of the round but nothing where I couldn't play the ball starting the next round.

Overall the ball was solid. Will have to try the Tour RB as well.

Just packed up a dozen RB Tour for the next trip and will be putting it in play for a bit. So far I really like what I am seeing.

Back