Mizuno RB Tour and RB Tour X Golf Ball Review Thread

Just packed up a dozen RB Tour for the next trip and will be putting it in play for a bit. So far I really like what I am seeing.
I need to do this soon with the X.

I've never really given these a full go. I had thought about it earlier this year to save a few $$ but it turns out they were only $5 less than a ball I'm familiar with so I passed on them. I do like the fact that not many around here will have them in play so you always know its yours haha

I've never really given these a full go. I had thought about it earlier this year to save a few $$ but it turns out they were only $5 less than a ball I'm familiar with so I passed on them. I do like the fact that not many around here will have them in play so you always know its yours haha
They are definitely worth a shot.

They are definitely worth a shot.
I had a sleeve at the end of last season but after they were gone I didn't pursue any more. 🤷‍♂️

I actually love that part.
I remember that THPer @Lions81 played them briefly

Reactions: JB
@McLovin also played them for quite a while. Not sure if he still is.

i went back to csx partly because i think it still performed a bit better for me, but also because i just can't live without triple track for putting

I actually love that part.
I remember that THPer @Lions81 played them briefly

Hey @JB and all. I have used them for almost all of my extremely limited rounds since the event last year. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) this has been an absolutely insane year at work for me and I think I've played about 5 rounds all year and barely been able to be on THP which stinks.

As to the ball, I have played both the X and the Tour. I think both are a huge improvement from the last model. They really do well targeting specific types of golfers in my opinion. The Tour is definitely the lower spin, lower flying ball. For guys that want to reduce launch and spin, and bomb it, its a really good option. The X is for golfers that want more launch and spin. It really excels in that area and has great stopping power into greens. It does feel a little firm off the face. They are a little cheaper than the most expensive balls and are very close to them in terms of performance in my opinion.

We have barely played this year but he did have them in play for a while

It not you.... It's me. .... Or something like that haha.

Oh that's an underrated perk.

Sadly there was none of these in stock yesterday to purchase :(

I had a dozen RBX given to me for xmas last year that I played earlier this spring. Even as a mizuno homer I was not thrilled with the performance. I also included them in a ball fitting I had back in May comparing it to prov1 and prov1x. It showed less carry and ball speed in driver, 7i and wedge and higher spin on all three clubs in my hour of testing. If you need more spin in your game it may be worth a shot. I just don't think they compare to titleist and callaway balls IMO

I had a dozen RBX given to me for xmas last year that I played earlier this spring. Even as a mizuno homer I was not thrilled with the performance. I also included them in a ball fitting I had back in May comparing it to prov1 and prov1x. It showed less carry and ball speed in driver, 7i and wedge and higher spin on all three clubs in my hour of testing. If you need more spin in your game it may be worth a shot. I just don't think they compare to titleist and callaway balls IMO
Wondering if those were version 1?

Got to try out the RB X for the first time yesterday. It was my first time golfing in a month, so I wasn't expecting much.

I really liked the RB X. It felt firm, but not distractingly so. I liked the feel off of my wedges. Ball flight was high. Had lots of spin with my irons and wedges. Had a few really nice drives. Felt solid off the putter.

I've never done a ball fitting and I don't have numbers to compare against others, but I liked the ball. I plan to give it another try.

Got to try out the RB X for the first time yesterday. It was my first time golfing in a month, so I wasn't expecting much.

I really liked the RB X. It felt firm, but not distractingly so. I liked the feel off of my wedges. Ball flight was high. Had lots of spin with my irons and wedges. Had a few really nice drives. Felt solid off the putter.

I've never done a ball fitting and I don't have numbers to compare against others, but I liked the ball. I plan to give it another try.
Its definitely firm to me too. I prefer the RB Tour due to the spin killing, but the X is fast.

Busted out a sleeve of the RB tours for my round yesterday. It was cold and I think that's also a contributor but I still had some issues with durability after a wedge shot out of a bunker. I've played a lot of golf balls over the past 2 years and this is the only one that I've consistently mangled. I like almost everything else about it. But in a world of so many ball choices, the RB Tour sadly isn't one I'll continue to make.

Busted out a sleeve of the RB tours for my round yesterday. It was cold and I think that's also a contributor but I still had some issues with durability after a wedge shot out of a bunker. I've played a lot of golf balls over the past 2 years and this is the only one that I've consistently mangled. I like almost everything else about it. But in a world of so many ball choices, the RB Tour sadly isn't one I'll continue to make.
Just don't hit it in the bunker.;)

I've been very happy with both since playing them since the VC. I think the performance is up there with the other similar balls and such a drastic improvement from their previous ball.

I have enjoyed using the RB Tour X over the last few weeks. I could easily game this ball with zero issues. I didn't see any durability issues at all and liked the performance i got. Still have some sleeves so will be rotating this in the mix for a bit.

What’s the consensus on the peak height of the RB Tour X vs say a ProV1x?

I'm back on the RB Tour X for a bit, free box always helps. I like it but very hard to see how much spin into the greens I'm getting with it being false spring here in Colorado and greens are not doing much.

Off the tee it's a solid ball, I have played the RB before which was also good.

Putting I'm not going to put any of my bad 3 putt juju on this ball, this is definitely a little clicker than the RB but it needs more play.

Back