Still really enjoying these wedges. To long to have been a placebo effect but the CG being further away from the hosel has been a great benefit to my game as I typically strike away from the usual wedge CG location. Finish has been holding up as expected so far and been a huge fan of the shaping at address.

Huge fan of the S23s. Plan on replacing my SM9s with them over the winter. These just have a whole different feel to them when flushed.

Played in the two day Invitational last weekend and these S23 wedges were like "Knives" for me.
We played from the clubs tips which isn't 7,000 yards but far enough that I couldn't get to some holes in two.
Kept telling my Cartner "Just get me to to 75 yards and I'll stuff one to one putt" which happened a couple of times over the two days.
To tell you the truth, 6 months in the bag and now I feel like I'm "Magician" with them.
Couldn't recommended these wedges enough.

I am really glad i found this thread last night. When @BB Fan Girl wedges came in they were supposed to be T22 and we got S23 in the copper color. Well they cannot get her the color she wants so she is sticking with the S23 after i read this thread. I spoke with @MSEASU about them also. I am heading back up to CC and picking them up here in a bit. The S23 should work really well for her. We will be hitting the chipping green this evening for a trial run!

I am really glad i found this thread last night. When @BB Fan Girl wedges came in they were supposed to be T22 and we got S23 in the copper color. Well they cannot get her the color she wants so she is sticking with the S23 after i read this thread. I spoke with @MSEASU about them also. I am heading back up to CC and picking them up here in a bit. The S23 should work really well for her. We will be hitting the chipping green this evening for a trial run!
They are different wedges from the T's for sure but I really think she will really enjoy them once she gets a few swings with them

Well I can at least put the pics in the right thread this time. They are beautiful wedges!
S231.jpgS23.jpgS232.jpg

I think she will get along with these well! First chip session out and had some nice groups. I tried a few bump and runs and some higher pitch’s and they have a fantastic feel to them. Tons of spin!
IMG_3560.jpeg

Absolutely loved these all year. The weight placement felt like it performed great on draw chips. Loved how well I was able to add a little negative shaft lean and launch the ball high with the bounce, as well as the sand performance. The only setback was full swing distances seemed to be lacking from previous sets, but partials felt great.

Absolutely loved these all year. The weight placement felt like it performed great on draw chips. Loved how well I was able to add a little negative shaft lean and launch the ball high with the bounce, as well as the sand performance. The only setback was full swing distances seemed to be lacking from previous sets, but partials felt great.
How did the copper finish hold up over the year?

My 52 degree is one of my favorite clubs in my bag. Considering a 56 and maybe a 48 to replace my 923 GW that I've never gotten along with. I'm pretty confident I'll love the 48, but I've never had a cavity back 56. I suck, so I'm sure it would help, but curious for those of you that have the higher lofts what your thoughts are?

I'll be finishing up my wedge fitting this evening. I've narrowed the field down to Mizuno (Glide 4.0, MG4, SM9, 0311 all eliminated from consideration in round 1). Tonight we will square off the T24 and S23s - 54D and 58C - to see which best interacts with the kind of turf and sand I normally play. Will also gap them on trackman to make sure they blend with my new Forged Tec X irons (and the set GW). Should be a fun evening.

That went well. It's the S23s for me. The demos they ordered showed up with KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115g shafts. I was the first guy to actually hit them. They merged well with my set GW. Tick. Off grass and out of the bunker it just felt like I was able to get great results more consistently than I'd ever gotten before. The only question was if the demo set was long enough for me. They let me take them home and I spent the evening making sure I was comfy with the gap - and I definitely do not need these clubs to be any longer - from a ball distance standpoint.

Most important for me is the forgiveness. As you can see in the photo below - I am prone to miss near the toe. These three strikes on 85 yd shots produced essentially identical results on my launch monitor. Ticked that box.

1701872292368.png

I also put them through wet conditions testing - as I frequently play in the morning when there's still quite a bit of moisture about. I saw results consistent with what Today's Golfer reported for the T24s they tested ( ). My launch angle went up noticably - but spin retention was very high. Especially compared to my PXG 0311 Forged and my buddies SM7s and SM9s. Tick.

On top of that - they made me an offer that was pretty dang hard to refuse. I'll be stopping by later this evening to pay for them.

1701873311919.png

The grips are the Lamkin ST Hybrids. I have one on my driver. It seems fine.

I am settling in with my new set of JPX923 HM irons and have a wedge gapping issue between the set gap wedge and my current wedges. I will be placing an order for the 54* D grind (with the shaft to match my iron set) to fill this gap later today.

I am settling in with my new set of JPX923 HM irons and have a wedge gapping issue between the set gap wedge and my current wedges. I will be placing an order for the 54* D grind (with the shaft to match my iron set) to fill this gap later today.
If you do not hit many full shots with your higher lofted wedges - you may want to try some specialty wedges vs continuing with what you have in your set. It's worth a look, IMO. I was going to go with something more like my GW shaft but it made no sense when I tried out the Hi-Rev. I do not hit full shots with the 54 and 58.

If you do not hit many full shots with your higher lofted wedges - you may want to try some specialty wedges vs continuing with what you have in your set. It's worth a look, IMO. I was going to go with something more like my GW shaft but it made no sense when I tried out the Hi-Rev. I do not hit full shots with the 54 and 58.

My current 58* is staying and it has a steel shaft (unlike my irons with graphite). And I don't use my 54* for full shots that often. So I might consider the stock steel shaft.

I managed to squeak in 8 holes last night - with a bunch of practice tossed in around most of the greens. The S23s are definitely a step in the right direction for me. I expect my scoring will go down some in a real round scenario. Will find out for sure later today ....

As mentioned before I'm a high index kinda hacker and hitting a third of the greens in regulation is a good day for me. The S23 wedeges and a recent chipping lesson and a ton of practice have combined to help me shoot a few rounds in the low 40s these past two weeks. My game is trending in the right direction. Thank you, Mizuno.

This evening I watched my comrade hacker regular partner struggle around the greens with his brand new SM9s. He went for a very high bounce 54 and a comically low bounce 58. When he makes good contact they check up nicely and he's left with a makable put. When he chooses the wrong grind for the turf conditions or does not find the middle of the face he cards and 8 or 9. But they are Vokeys. And they look cool.

I chipped in from off the green twice last week with an S23 wedge. The first on Wednesday was from above the green to a downhill slope over a mound. I was probably 5 or six paces off the green and the flag was probably another 3 or 4 from the fringe.

On the following Saturday - I missed the second green with my T shot short and left (like almost always on the particular hole ...). I had about 29 yd to the pin - short sided over a bunker. One hop - hit the flag and dropped in.

Confidence in the wedge game seems very important and I have a greater degree of confidence with the S23 wedges.

I'm thinking REEEEAAAALLLY hard about putting an s23 49º in the bag to flow down from the 243's. @McLovin has got in my head yesterday about the S23 being a much more forgiving option for full swings than the t22 I have in that spot right now. I pretty much only use my 50 for full swings so it makes sense.

Then today I went to take a closer look at them at the golf store when I was out and about and they have a very familiar look to the 243's so visually they would match nicely.
🤔🤔🤔

I'm thinking REEEEAAAALLLY hard about putting an s23 49º in the bag to flow down from the 243's. @McLovin has got in my head yesterday about the S23 being a much more forgiving option for full swings than the t22 I have in that spot right now. I pretty much only use my 50 for full swings so it makes sense.

Then today I went to take a closer look at them at the golf store when I was out and about and they have a very familiar look to the 243's so visually they would match nicely.
🤔🤔🤔
That is a fantastic idea imho…

kinda wish I had a need at wedges at these seem lit they fit what I look for to a t

🤔🤔🤔
the s23 really looks great at address

🤔🤔🤔
And they’re on sale at said store putting on said expo this weekend.

In yesterday's match I was 2 up after 10. Sucker pin on the right side of the par 3 11th green. My opponent hits middle of the green and I go long and left, landing on a greenside mound with a noticeable amount of real estate to the fringe, but pretty smooth after the 8 or 12 inches of rough to get through. I elect to putt to a pin downhill from where I am and seemingly miles away. Putt ened up way off the green and my opponent made his par.

Since there was nobody behind us, I went back to the spot where my t shot landed and hit a wedge from there to within 2 and a half feet from the hole. Made the putt.

I looked at my opponent and told him that he has GOT to start playing against smarter people ...

I won 2 and 1 after he refused good good with him at 2 ft for bogey and me slightly more. He missed. I looked at him and said maybe we both need to start playing against smarter people.

I currently play this in the 52 degree and will continue to for the time being.

As we get closer to Victory Cup experience and outline what Mizuno gear THPers that go will get, I will most likely replace it with the same wedge, but fresh grooves. Just love the way it handles the shots around the green for me

Back