Review Mizuno T20 Wedges Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New review on the home page right now of the Mizuno T20 wedges. Check it out here.

great review on the wedges... when I finally saw them in person I loved how they look!! If I wasn't playing the MG2's, id definitely pick this wedge over anything else. I love the smaller compact look, stock shaft, and z grip as stock

Excellent review, as always, James. Sounds and looks like another outstanding wedge release from Mizuno.

Great write up @Jman !!

Those are nice looking wedges and great review @Jman. That is a crazy amount of loft and bounce choices also.

Thanks for reading all!

I’ll be curious to read feedback as people hit them. Most notably on the sound/feel. I don’t think it will be what people expect, not in a bad way, but just not what they expect.

Bump for all those that missed it this morning.

I was leaning hard toward Vokeys, but it’s hard to ignore the price for what you get with these. I wish all wedges came stock with Tour Issue S400’s. Or at least had that as a no upcharge option.

Home run review James....I agree that they are one of the finest looking wedges out there right now. I’m due for new wedges this year amongst a few other things and the T20’s are high on my list. Thanks again.

If Good Looking was a factor these would be 10/10

Once I pealed the clear plastic wraps I touched the grooves and was surprised. They were sharp enough to almost cut my finger.

I ordered the T20 50' : 7, 54' : 8, and 58' : 12 bounce.

KBS TOUR 90 Stiff shaft

Plus once inch.

2' flat.

I choose the lofts and bounce to blend in with the MP-20's that have matching shafts and Custom Specs.

The extra bounce on the Lob Wedge helps in SoCal. Here the Rough around the greens and tight lies are a combination of Bentgrass, Poa and actually Crabgrass in some areas, which turns any chipping into a chunk.

One Word. WOW!

The Classic Mizuno. Solid Forged Irons. No click. Just a solid Thump. As What @Jman attributed to the "Boron Effect". It was a highly addictive and motivating feedback, leading to a desire to hit the Wedges Again and Again.

I went with the C Grind in the lofts where it was available. It turned out to be the best option for me. It gives you tons of heel relief for opening up the face. Yet it still provides plenty of support on full Swings Shot to tight pins.

Flop shots, bump and run, chipping and Pitching were easily executed with the resulting performance equaling the quality of the strike.

The full Swing performance and distance control beat my expectations. As was the Gapping and blending from the T20 wedges to the MP-20 Irons. There was zero difference in feel or performance. Even on Knock Down Finesse Swings. You could feel exactly where the ball was going from the feedback of the club.

Was I pleased? YES.

Is this club everyone golfers cup of tea? Only a good Club Fitter can help you decide.

But if Mizuno was to be judged by the precision and quality of the clubs they produce.

I say. They outperform and outclass the best in Class in producing the highest quality and best Value your money can buy.

Thanks to Budget Golf and Everyone at Mizuno. You have beat my high expectations by a country Mile.
c58904964b64be18ef19ef54b841739c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

These are absolutely gorgeous!!!! I want to buy the 46* right now, but am a little concerned with such a low bounce......
May order anyway! lol

Another great writeup, James!

I just can't decide if I like that blue wedge or not. I like that it is different.

These are absolutely gorgeous!!!! I want to buy the 46* right now, but am a little concerned with such a low bounce......
May order anyway! lol
It's the same amount of bounce I believe as the MP-20's Pitching Wedge. Which is also 46 degrees

That's some good stuff James. How would you compare these weight wise to some other offerings out there? I like the looks of these a lot but prefer a heavier feeling wedge that I can let do the work for me.

And that blue ?.

That's some good stuff James. How would you compare these weight wise to some other offerings out there? I like the looks of these a lot but prefer a heavier feeling wedge that I can let do the work for me.

And that blue ?.
Sorry for the delay Kev.

Similar, more head heavy feeling like the Vokey's and TM's of the world than Callaways new direction for sure.

Gorgeous wedges. Enjoy the heck out of them.

While this isn't much of a review.

I am actually in Love with my T-20 Wedges.

Accuracy and playability. In a sweet tear drop package.

No fancy materials. Just pure 1025E Forged Steel.

With a Satin Chrome finish to boot.

I love you Mizuno. I want to marry you MP-20 and T-20.

Cheers

picked up a 52 , 56 , and 60 earlier this week..... These immediately kicked the milled grind 2 wedges out!

For me im getting a nice low flight with plenty of spin. Im typically not a high spin player. I usually haver higher launch and peak height letting me stop balls on the green with less spin than id like. On full swings the t20 52 avg 10450rpm and 56 had 11040rpm. With the MG2's I was around 9300 and very rarely above 10,000 and never touched 11,000.

Feel wise these dont feel any different than the milled grind 2 and both look beautiful at address (I still prefer the raw face look on the MG2), but results wise the t20's are more what I am looking for. But like I mentioned earlier the biggest takeaway for me with these wedges is the lower flight. Im sure shaft choice helped also but the t20's launched 4* lower than the MG2's.

Between new mizuno irons and now wedges im almost converted to a full mizuno bag

If Good Looking was a factor these would be 10/10

Once I pealed the clear plastic wraps I touched the grooves and was surprised. They were sharp enough to almost cut my finger.

I ordered the T20 50' : 7, 54' : 8, and 58' : 12 bounce.

KBS TOUR 90 Stiff shaft...

The extra bounce on the Lob Wedge helps in SoCal. Here the Rough around the greens and tight lies are a combination of Bentgrass, Poa and actually Crabgrass in some areas, which turns any chipping into a chunk.

One Word. WOW!

The Classic Mizuno. Solid Forged Irons. No click. Just a solid Thump. As What @Jman attributed to the "Boron Effect". It was a highly addictive and motivating feedback, leading to a desire to hit the Wedges Again and Again.

I went with the C Grind in the lofts where it was available. It turned out to be the best option for me. It gives you tons of heel relief for opening up the face. Yet it still provides plenty of support on full Swings Shot to tight pins.

Flop shots, bump and run, chipping and Pitching were easily executed with the resulting performance equaling the quality of the strike.

The full Swing performance and distance control beat my expectations. As was the Gapping and blending from the T20 wedges to the MP-20 Irons. There was zero difference in feel or performance. Even on Knock Down Finesse Swings. You could feel exactly where the ball was going from the feedback of the club.

I also bit the bullet on T20's (while keeping the SM7 customs around - wedge hound that I am) - 48/08, 53/11 C Grind, 58/12 C Grind in Nippon Pro Modus 3 Wedge. Looking forward to receiving them in about 10 days. They are not exact companions to 919 Forged but what blade is to CB's. Looking forward to more play in 2020.

I would have gone "raw" but then you do not get the hydrophillic advantage of the design clearing out moisture under damp grass/conditions. Satin Chrome it is ... for me. Thx! These wedges are not about hyper spin but about consistency - so you get the hydrophillic design - similar spin in dry and wet.

Last edited:
Love that some of you guys are rocking these, they were a lot of fun to review. One of my HS kiddos is getting pretty killer with them.

I liked them. I would like to see a few more grins options, but they are solid.

Back