Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
It is likely fair to say that if you are reading this article, then you are familiar with Mizuno Golf’s calling card slogan that “Nothing Feels Like a Mizuno”. However, the odds are your immediate association with that same tagline is focused purely on irons, but what about wedges?

Mizuno Golf has made massive strides the past few years when it comes to wedges, even creating some of the most innovative and tech driven designs the industry has seen. With that, they have continued to evolve the T wedge release into a true players wedge, and where the T22 set that direction, the T24 seeks to take it even further.

Continue reading...

Man those look amazing! More compact and sounds like a lot of attention paid to how the club would be used from shape to number of grooves. Really looking forward to getting a chance to put these in play.

So clean 😍

Looks like the expansion to the V grind could be a popular one and glad to hear there is a good bit of toe and heel relief on all the options.

Speaking of, that‘s a really deep lineup with grind, loft and finish.

As soon as I got to work to log on this morning, I saw this on the home page and it wow'd me. Best looking Mizuno wedges they have made in a very long time! The one Mizuno wedge I owned back in 2015-17 time frame was really good!

Clean and sharp looking have the 23’s and love the denim copper look so much.

Looking forward to seeing what THPers do with these in the bag.

These look so clean and that Copper Denim ?. The info on the grooves was very intriguing to me.

One day I will give the Mizuno brand a go in the bag…

I know what I'm getting when I need to replace my T-22's.

Oh hell yeah. I adored my T22 wedges from the first Victory cup. They were so good but I moved away from them and into Zipcores because my 58° got stolen. (I guess even thieves can’t resist Mizuno blue). I miss them badly they work through the turf so much better for me than the Zipcores and I like how they sit behind the ball at address so much better.

I’m really excited for these T24’s!! Can’t wait to overload THP with feedback on these beauties. I think I’ll go denim copper this time around.

Been waiting for this. Big wedge decisions ahead. Playing t22 now. I don’t know if smaller is what I wanted to read.

Nothing feels like a mizuno wedge either 🔥 Gonna have to try these although I am not confident they will displace S23 for me. Freakin love that wedge

they look fantastic. the groove changes in the higher lofts is very interesting and the subtle changes to the grinds sounds very beneficial. i wasn’t planning on upgrading yet but these are super intriguing. what loft are the tour guys pairing with the new v grind?

I’d like to learn a bit more about the V-grind. @Jman have you had the opportunity to get that grind in hand? If so is there a wedge out there in retail right now that would be a close comparison?

Noticeably smaller profile is very intriguing as well. I had to go get a 46° older Vokey for gap testing and I found that I hit that smaller profile really well. It’s quickly become a trusted wedge for full swings.

Wow those are good looking wedges, I love that copper finish.

Very awesome. The groove story is interesting to me. I would have thought you would want more on the higher lofted wedges. That is how Srixon does it in their irons. But, they are smarter than me and I am guess they ran the numbers more than once.

Very awesome. The groove story is interesting to me. I would have thought you would want more on the higher lofted wedges. That is how Srixon does it in their irons. But, they are smarter than me and I am guess they ran the numbers more than once.
This is something that Chris went over with the staff and I will let @Jman speak more on it. During our presentation he said "its the opposite of what you think of naturally".

This is something that Chris went over with the staff and I will let @Jman speak more on it. During our presentation he said "its the opposite of what you think of naturally".

Glad I am not crazy for thinking that.

I’d like to learn a bit more about the V-grind. @Jman have you had the opportunity to get that grind in hand? If so is there a wedge out there in retail right now that would be a close comparison?

Noticeably smaller profile is very intriguing as well. I had to go get a 46° older Vokey for gap testing and I found that I hit that smaller profile really well. It’s quickly become a trusted wedge for full swings.
looks somewhat like the Cleveland Zipcore mid-bounce based on online images
1693486447546.png

1693486479357.png

On square shots, more grooves make more sense, you’re maximizing the surface area impacting grooves on a standard face angle. With higher lofted wedges, the strokes are often glancing blows for touch shots or manipulated open faces, so MORE grooves doesn’t benefit as much as WIDER grooves will.

I should have some of the new wedges in hand tomorrow, not sure what grinds yet though!

they look fantastic. the groove changes in the higher lofts is very interesting and the subtle changes to the grinds sounds very beneficial. i wasn’t planning on upgrading yet but these are super intriguing. what loft are the tour guys pairing with the new v grind?
Higher lofts I believe.

I should have some of the new wedges in hand tomorrow, not sure what grinds yet though!
Awesome I hope you get a V

It's crazy that the T22 actually gave people some pause based on their size, and the 24s are smaller. And that they continue to use S400. They're amazing, but I wonder about the number of people where that's a logical setup in transition from their irons.

Last edited:

Back