momentus speed whoosh

bogey_russ

outside operations
Reaction score
Handicap
girs
anyone have one?
it seems the most affordable alternative to the orange whip and tm speed stik

I had never heard of it until this thread, golfsmith has only the lefthanded model listed as well as the ladies models online.

I used one last weekend for the first time. A friend of mine had one. It has a molded grip and a sleeve that slides down a shaft and the idea is to have it reach the end in the impact zone. I thought it was really light (about the weight of a hybrid maybe?) and I wasn't all that impressed. I wouldn't mind reading a review of one if somebody had one and some time to spend with it.

id like to compare it to the orange whip and speed stik

id like to compare it to the orange whip and speed stik

I have an orange whip and an older blue speed stik and based on my first impression, I wouldn't spend more than $20 on the whoosh. It just didn't do much for me. I didn't pick up much difference in the sound or feel when I intentionally "casted" a few swings and it didn't have a lot of weight to help warm or loosen me up much. Again, this was only about 10 swings with it really quickly whereas, within 2 swings of the speed stik and orange whip I knew I would be buying one.

I have an orange whip and an older blue speed stik and based on my first impression, I wouldn't spend more than $20 on the whoosh. It just didn't do much for me. I didn't pick up much difference in the sound or feel when I intentionally "casted" a few swings and it didn't have a lot of weight to help warm or loosen me up much. Again, this was only about 10 swings with it really quickly whereas, within 2 swings of the speed stik and orange whip I knew I would be buying one.

how is the weight on the orange whip? i know the speed stik is 650g or so

how is the weight on the orange whip? i know the speed stik is 650g or so

the original orange whip is 795g and they have 2 that are lighter. 680g & 575g. A big difference is the weight of the OW is all at the end in what looks like an orange whereas the speedstik is evenly distributed.

does that help with the tempo since the weight is on the end?

I would definitely say yes. It also forces you to make a complete follow-through.

Momentus Speed Whoosh

Momentus Speed Whoosh

It seems like just flipping the driver and swinging the grip end. Has anyone ever used it? Is that description accurate?

I haven't heard of it but what is it? What is is meant to do?

Merged with a recent thread.

The speed whoosh's point is to have you accelerate at the right time to have the ball run to the end of the club. It is similar to hitting a weighted club except you wont feel the weight until the point of the swing where you need to swing faster to get more distance. Its one of those things you swing a few times and then hit a drive a few yards farther because of explosive muscles...or you could swing a driver a few times with the headcover on and save some $.

Saw an ad for the "bender stick" no idea what it is...

Trying to bump this up to the top. Does anybody use this or had used this for an extended period of time? Did you get lasting speed results? What were your impressions?

Thanks!

Low

Used it and returned it 24hrs later, feels nothing like a real swing.

Anybody else? I'm trying to see if there are any longterm results?

I love mine... its always in the bag
great for warming up... dont know too much about distance gains

Back