Most embarrassing thing you've done on a golf course

I’ve told this one in other threads so here’s the abridged version...

The pub at Pebble Beach has a very tasty thick brown ale. I had several of them the night before my 7:50am tee time.

Somehow I managed not to vomit and pass out on the first tee the next morning but it was damn close.

Lose to @JB.

Twice.

Danced reggaeton on the roof of the beer girl’s cart. Or at least that’s what I was trying to do; may have looked like an epileptic seizure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danced reggaeton on the roof of the beer girl’s cart. Or at least that’s what I was trying to do; may have looked like an epileptic seizure

Video?

Thankfully there isn’t video evidence in any of my buddies’ phones. Think the cart girl put it up on fb but don’t have her as a friend and it’s been a loooong time since

I think the 8 I took on a 105 Par 3 this past weekend might be towards the top.

I took a 10 on a par 3 of similar distance, after 3 balls in the water, the day before I headed to AZ for the THP Championship last month.

I took a 10 on a par 3 of similar distance, after 3 balls in the water, the day before I headed to AZ for the THP Championship last month.

ouch, that had to hurt, I know mine did.

Old school or new school reggaeton?

Reviving this necro- thread. The only value I can add to the group at this point is comic relief :D

Having to be carted off the course with a 4 inch gash in my calf from my friends spikes (Early 90's.)
I chunked my tee shot about half way to the green on a par 3 and my friend was making fun of me. So, proceeded to knock his ball off the tee. We ended up kind of sword fighting over the ball as I was trying to knock it off and he was trying to block it. I shot my foot out to knock it off and he instinctively kicked at my leg. Next thing you know I have a 4 inch long by 1/2 inch to 1/4 inch deep gash gushing blood. We were walking so 1 friend ran to get help. Other friend (the one that spiked me) gives me a new golf towel to staunch the bleeding and ask if I'm good. I say yes and he says "cool, I am going to play this hole then, OK?"🤣😂 Hes still my closest friend to this day 🙄

honestly getting so mad at myself that I was not fun to play with. I was practicing 2 sundays ago on a glorious morning when a guy standing on the 18th fairway apparently hit a bad shot. From about 150 yards away I heard him yelling over and over- quit fing up. like for 2minutes. I've vowed never to be that guy. Golf can be hard. I will stop playing if I can't accept that.

Took a ball to the face and broke my nose. Walked into the clubhouse with blood everywhere and people thought my buddy and I were fighting on the course 🤦‍♂️

I fell/slid off a bridge into a pond/lake during a tournament when I was about 15/16. First hole, maybe 40 yards past the tees with everyone watching.
I was kind of enamored by the hole, and was looking at it as we walked over the foot bridge to our balls. I felt the footing change (got to the side of the traction part), and reached for the rail, but my foot slipped before I got it, my momentum went forward and I basically did a head first pool slide dive under the railing into the water. Kept the bag dry by catching my fall a bit with my arms, but half the clubs fell out and I and them were soaked.
No real concern by anyone other than a bunch of 'what is wrong with that kid?' type faces. And I hustled to gather my gear and get to my ball. Played the round drenched and bleeding, and despite playing well, really dreaded coming in on the last hole. I got to mostly forget about how it and I looked until I was walking up the last fairway.

I'm sure there's been worse, but that's the one that came to mind.

Hit a tree & had the ball come straight back at my head, luckily I ducked.
Had the head snap off my 1iron & farther then my ball off the tee.

Glad the OP didn't ask about the "grossest" thing I ever done on a golf course.

As for embarrassing, it would have to be one of the many really bad golf shots I have hit in front of strangers.

One in particular comes to mind. It was back when I was playing my best, consistent golf.

We were traveling, and I decided to golf at some tract up in Utah some where.

I was a walk on and was put with a threesome who were waiting on the first tee for me. Not only them, but their close friend the starter. I was in a cart by myself. The guys seemed a bit "miffed" that they had to wait for me. They were all locals to the area.

I get there, and no one wanted to hit first, so I decided I would do the honors of getting the round underway.

I pull my driver, tee up the ball like I knew exactly what I was doing. 8 eye balls watching my every move. I looking at a straight, 370 yard fairway to the green. An easy par I'm thinking.

I put what I thought was going to be a great swing on the ball. I topped the ball, and sent all the way to the Ladies Tee, some 60 yards in front of me.

I could hear the groans of disgust from the trio waiting to hit. Even the starter made some remark about my playing ability, or lack of.

I was embarrassed, but I did a great job of not showing it. The others hit, and I hit my second shot from the Ladies Tee, as they watched from behind me.

I was playing in a 4 man scramble with some friends at a swanky club. We all were horrible and couldn’t hardly pull a par out of any hole playing best ball. We get to a very straight par 4 with nice houses to the right. I’m the last to tee off and we already have a ball in play, not very far but on the fairway, I decide to see how much of a man I am. I proceed to hit the dog turd out of the ball with a low massive slice screaming at mach bajesus speed straight into the back wall of a house. I’ve hit a house before but this one was bad. Like really bad. Oh the sound it made. It was like Mark McGwire hitting a car with a baseball bat but a hundred times louder. It wouldn’t have been too bad, but as we get closer one of the owners, a little old lady, was sitting on her rear porch. She politely reminded me how bad of a golfer I was and where I could shove that ball. She then followed me for the rest of the hole heckling me.

I have a habit of teasing my golfing friends when they hit poor shots.
I should also say that some of my golf friends observe the rule of dropping your pants if your tee shot does not
go make past the red (ladies) tees.
This particular round, one of our group had 3 pants down tee shots.
I was really teasing him, and of course KARMA intervened.
I had my own Brutal tee shot on the 10th hole by the Clubhouse.
Needless to say, I had to Man up and drop my pants for my next shot.
The jeering from the Patio crowd at the Clubhouse was quite embarrassing.

Back in the day, playing on the high school golf team, I was playing a Par 5 that you hit over a lake into a diagonal fairway, then you have to cross that same lake back to a peninsula green.

I hit a good tee ball, but not in a position to go for the green in two. I lay up. Easy 60 yard wedge left into the green. Address the ball, line up, and... chunk. Right into the water all of 5 yards ahead of me. In my youthful temper, I hit the side of my bag with my wedge. Not a full out swing, but pretty forceful.

Next tee, a narrow 90 degree dogleg par 4. I pull out my 5-wood. Take one practice swing, and suddenly the club head and about half the shaft goes flying down the fairway. Turns out that wedge into the side of my bag cracked the club almost all the way through (almost).

Looked like a dumb*** in front of my playing partners, a few parents, a coach, etc. I remember being embarrassed about the act itself, and also being embarrassed that my temper and behavior was the cause of it. Don’t remember how I played that hole next hole, or the rest of that tournament for that matter.

I thought I crushed a 350 yd drive last week, ended up I was just watching a floater in my eye. My real drive was a worm murder ball.

I’ve had a few embarrassing moments but last year, final round of Club Championship, 17th hole. Water lines the fairway almost the entire left side of the hole. One of my playing partners hits drive close to water so I go over to help him locate as I saw it bounce a couple of times. My ball was in fairway so I left my remote controlled cart in fairway and put the remote control in my back pocket.

A minute or so later, I hear “your cart”....look up and my cart is heading towards pond, left wheel drops off embankment and tips over into murky pond. Bag full of water, iPhone gone (forever), range finder submerged and clubs, grips ....everything completely soaked. Absolutely devasted...ended up paring the last 2 holes but was so mad at myself went straight to my car after shaking hands and straight home. Went back later that night with my fishing net to see if I could find my iPhone....no luck although my Bushnell made a recovery after a few dsys in bag of rice sitting in the sun. Funny thing is found out later that day that I ended up getting second in low net for the C.C. despite starting the tournament with a “10” on the first hole (par 5).....another story 😉.

I absolutely crushed a 5w onto a green. There is no way it should have gone that far....but it did. The problem was that I was asst super on that course and the person on the green was one of the fussier members. He was cool when I apologized but word still got around and I took a lot of ribbing for awhile.

Shanked one on a wedge and ended up on the green where a group of four was putting...

Sooo many things over the years. I'll go back to about 1995 playing a little executive style course north of Dayton. It had a bunch of down & back holes then framed in with wraparound holes. I'm playing one of the perpendicular holes and manage to slice a ball all the way over to one of the adjacent greens where a 4some was putting out. By the time I got up there I find a group with the owner/promoter of the course and adjacent concert arena. He was a local celebrity in all kinds of commercials & stuff. Also in the group was the head sports guy for the local NBC station.
They gave me some good natured grief while I apologized profusely. Then let me know they gave me a free drop off the green so I wouldnt dig a crater on the putting surface...

Back